Fountain of Youth Discovered on Guernsey

We had a better start than i ever imagined we would. 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. We have certainly known where the back of the net is. This form may see us achiveing my ambition of playoffs if we keep it up. The 2 losses are worrying though as we deserved at least a draw from both.
first10_zpsa73c114b.png

The league as it stands after 10 games.
BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewStages-2_zps10491ee1.png

Only 2 points off the top! This team just keep going. When will it stop?

Not after 20 games that's for sure!
second10_zps68bfdaec.png

What ended up as 5 straight losses had me ready to hit the panic button, but it got turned around. Even though we lost 5 of these 10 games we somehow still find ourselves competing off the back of 4 wins!

After 20 this is how the table looks.
BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewStages-4_zps3e86dc8a.png

The gap is growing between ourselves and 1st placed Halifax. But we are still up there.

After last years FA Cup heroics. Could we do it again?
we entered several rounds later this season. woking put up more of a fight than they did last season. Now we have a replay against newport. Replys against small teams wont help me this term they need avoiding.
facup_zpse39a976b.png

A little off topic but does anyone know of a logo and kit pack that includes Guernsey?​

Last edited:
Can you Screenshot some of your best players? i would like to see how they have progressed

This is a great story mate, love the quick updates! You were really unlucky in the FA Cup but the 4th round is an amazing achievement! You're doing great in the league and I think you'll still go up despite your little blip in form, keep up the good work :D

Really, really cool story! Will definitely be keeping an eye on this story!

Also, MEGA props for sticking to your youth team!

Really, really cool story! Will definitely be keeping an eye on this story!

Also, MEGA props for sticking to your youth team!
It's not been as painful as i imagined. Though at times i just want to go and buy some players!

This is a great story mate, love the quick updates! You were really unlucky in the FA Cup but the 4th round is an amazing achievement! You're doing great in the league and I think you'll still go up despite your little blip in form, keep up the good work :D
I was 4 seasons ahead, hence why some of my pictures got messed up and stayed messed up. i am slowly catching up to myself now however. I'll do my best to keep them coming though.

Can you Screenshot some of your best players? i would like to see how they have progressed
Once i finish updating the current season i will screen shot my entire first 11 for you and maybe some of the players im excited about.

Next 10 games and we are still going strong against all odds.
45052108.png

The table after 30 games still up there still fighting.
bluesquarebetpremierovea.png

Another 10 games and well......judge for yourself
324e.png

Table isn't all i hoped it would be, we need some good results to get back up there.
bluesquarebetpremierovek.png

Last edited:
This years youth intake has turned up 2 players i'm very excited about. Here is the overall take.
GuernseyYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zps779915b2.png

Russell Hussey
Coaches think this guy is capable of being a good blue square bet player. Frankly i need better than that now. I'm prepared to keep an eye on him due to his potential. Will need retraining to fit into my formation regardless.
RussellHussey_OverviewProfile_zpsfcc9f3c8.png

Kelvin Cooke
Should be a semi decent option once he learn to play AMC. Staying in the youth team for now with view to several loans.
KelvinCooke_OverviewProfile_zpsdcbaade4.png

Adebayo Mohammed
Absolutley love this kid. He looks to be oozing quality to me! Has dual English and Nigerian nationality. Hopefully he wont be disapeering to the cup of nations every 5 minutes in a few years!
AdebayoMohammed_OverviewProfile_zps6835ba11.png

Adam Olayinka
Another one who looks rather special to me, Sky high potential maybe a furure first choice striker if I get promoted. Youth team for 2 years then we will see.
AdamOlayinka_OverviewProfile_zpsb608b581.png

Last edited:
We were also in the FA Trophy this season, I didn't place any real importance on it unless we got to the latter stages. As you can see we did quite well.
FAtrophy_zps6d4fd89e.png

BathCityvGuernsey_OverviewOverview_zps20518bf8.png

I do believe this is why our league form hit some really bad patches. But a trophy is a trophy and i'm delighted to add it to our growing collection. We scored all 4 goals in this match, After Carl Beda giving us a 2-0 lead with his brace we felt sorry for Bath and gave them one back. Carl Beda then got his hat trick. Youth product come good.

Separatley from this, I recieved this message.
leech_zps76aee36e.png

How i wish i had a 30 goal a season man. My whole team currently chips in, I know it's better to have a team capable of ll scoring goals. But i'd still love someone like this. Hopefully Adam Olayinka develops as I think he can.​

Last edited:
quality stuff mate, will definitely be keeping my eye on this. i will take my hat off to you if you can get them in the premier league.. all the best :)

Best story ive read so far mate, keep it up, prem in a few years hopefully

btw how do you get the leagues guernsey play in, etc as i live near stavely miners welfare and wouldn't mind trying a game with em

quality stuff mate, will definitely be keeping my eye on this. i will take my hat off to you if you can get them in the premier league.. all the best :)
I can't see prem happening any time soon. this team is no way that good yet. that said we do keep getting promoted!

Best story ive read so far mate, keep it up, prem in a few years hopefully

btw how do you get the leagues guernsey play in, etc as i live near stavely miners welfare and wouldn't mind trying a game with em
I got it right here on fm base. Here is the link :)
English Level 9 Pyramid - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Here is the league with 1 game to go, we stole back into the playoffs with victory in our last game. This leaves our final position in our own hands. Win and guarantee playoffs. Lose and potentially drop out.
1_zpsbaff66f6.png

Here is the table after the last game.
BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewStages-3_zps8a4a6b0c.png

In the end it made no difference if we won or lost(we won). The teams around us failed to take agvantage of anything. So another year another play off.

playoffspot_zpsa70b9b4a.png

leyton_zpsd2550a83.png

Remember Leyton Orient have the leagues top goal scorer who actually broke the division record. If i keep him quiet we are stronger everywhere else.

So onto the semi finals we go.
GuernseyvLeytonOrient_OverviewOverview_zps6a510c44.png

LeytonOrientvGuernsey_OverviewOverview_zps230fa213.png

More than a few times i thought we were going to throw this away. Glad to have the win and the final to now look forward to.

ebbsfleet_zps0949662e.png

Play off final make or break, how did we get on?
GuernseyvEbbsfleetUnited_OverviewOverview_zpse9e1282e.png

We plyed brilliantly. Held them to only a few long range efforts. Next season Guernsey will play league football!

promotion_zpsc987094a.png

extrafunds_zps817b3766.png

promotion_zpsc987094a.png

So many straight promotions without buying players is starting to seem unbelievable even to me now. We are probably due a few transitional seasons. We have an outside chance of promotion next season but it will be a big ask.

I'm starting a game with my local team in the 9th level of English football... Do you have any advice on tactics/how to find decent players?

MojoDex, loving this, as said before. So many promotions, year after year (4 or 5, right?).

Just some questions: Do you did anything to have consistently 4 or more starts youth intake every year? If so, what? Also, what kind of tactics do you use, home, away, and your tactical approach during the game?

Also, what are your standards to see if a player as the right attributes for the league you are currently playing? I always play top teams and when you say that you have a big gem to cut with stats going 7 or 8, i can't see what you are seeing.

If i get tired of my united save i could try something like this, but i feel i don't possess the ability to do so with so few resources

The main reason he gets good youth intake is because of being in a lower league so there are more youngsters coming through who are good enough for these leagues compared to if you are Man Utd your not going to get the next Rooney, Vidic, RVP and Scholes every year.

The main reason he gets good youth intake is because of being in a lower league so there are more youngsters coming through who are good enough for these leagues compared to if you are Man Utd your not going to get the next Rooney, Vidic, RVP and Scholes every year.

Yes i know, but in terms of PA, if i have an average of 170 in my squad, i would expect to have at least one 170, that would be 4 stars and not the best youth with 155 PA. 1st season i had one 186, can't complain, but 2nd season the best is 155 which is not bad, since there was only one player in all English divisions with more than 170 (184 PA). Im trying to understand how the youth intake works to see if it can be manipulated in our favor.

MojoDex for example, need to work that youth intake or else he need to wait for the state of the art youth facilities and luck to have 15 players to keep himself in the premier league. If he does not work that, i'm afraid that he will be kept in the Championship or in the lower places of premiership, with the risk of getting sacked.

I'm starting a game with my local team in the 9th level of English football... Do you have any advice on tactics/how to find decent players?
Tactics i have found a fast game is just to much for the lower leagues to deal with, Strong players are obviously a big plus but not everyone of my players is an ox that daid.

This about spot on

Yes i know, but in terms of PA, if i have an average of 170 in my squad, i would expect to have at least one 170, that would be 4 stars and not the best youth with 155 PA. 1st season i had one 186, can't complain, but 2nd season the best is 155 which is not bad, since there was only one player in all English divisions with more than 170 (184 PA). Im trying to understand how the youth intake works to see if it can be manipulated in our favor.

MojoDex for example, need to work that youth intake or else he need to wait for the state of the art youth facilities and luck to have 15 players to keep himself in the premier league. If he does not work that, i'm afraid that he will be kept in the Championship or in the lower places of premiership, with the risk of getting sacked.

Guernsey actually start with quite good youth resources, my board have been pretty good with updating them. Concider that i only need a plaer to have a pa of maybe 90 to be a 5 star player in the leagues i'm in. In some of the lower leagues not even that. I honestly doubt any of my players are good enough for the premier league. one player has been sold to a championship squad and has been a regular. I have had interest from Rangers in 3 of my players but the SPL is hardly the EPL is it?

Last edited:
poty_zps08cf3f12.png

**** right too!

Absolutley not! Set his asking price at 10m let them pay or sod off.
8478_zps05479e40.png

Lost Gimsby ut gained Ritherham who are currently a championship side.
754_zpsece35fc6.png

45_zps85ef73ea.png

2634_zpsc4d7b615.png

budget_zps257538c6.png

The friendlies have gone really well.
friendly_zps40e2c084.png

Not a bad start concidering the board only asked me to avoid relegation.
fix_zpsdf8225b1.png

npowerLeague2_OverviewStages_zps4e6b2898.png

lovely stuff, nice start to the season. it is staggering how good your youth players are becoming ha, what is the current level of your training and youth facilities??