Fountain of Youth Discovered on Guernsey

@MojoDex, I hope that you carry on with this story, I will miss reading the story every day if don't carry on with it. You have definitely inspired me carry on with my save with Runcorn Linnets, I've manage to take Runcorn to the Northern Premier League Premier Division with two straight promotions with winning the league on each occasion, also winning all the lower league cups on way so far. On course to win the Northern Premier League Premier Division this season, and being promoted to Blue Square Bet North Division. I had to bring in a few young players to start with on free transfers to boost youth team in the season, because youth setup wasn't very good and being a amateur club the finances wasn't in a very good state. But by start of the second season I had lost most of those players I had brought in on free transfers, and relying on my youth team players now. Most of my players and staff are still on amateur contracts even though will turn semi-professional at the start of the second season, can't afford semi-pro wages yet.

I'll play till at least the world cup. But updates will be less frequent now as im commited to my Andorra save :)

Are you going to upload the save? I really want to see how I compare to you

@MojoDex, Did you train your youth players with PPM'S (Player Preferred Moves). Also how often did you clear out the rubbish from youth & reserve team? as you went up through leagues and did you give them a free transfer, if there were no clubs wanting them? or did you let them run down their contacts?. And also how often did you replace your non-playing staff as you went up through leagues for better one's? and also did you send your coaching staff on courses to get their licence's. Ps I've used the reserve and youth team to play friendlies to make money as they don't play in the reserve and youth team leagues, did you also do this?, I've made a lot of money by doing this.

Last edited:
I'll play till at least the world cup. But updates will be less frequent now as im commited to my Andorra save :)

@MojoDex, Did you train your youth players with PPM'S (Player Preferred Moves). Also how often did you clear out the rubbish from youth & reserve team? as you went up through leagues and did you give them a free transfer, if there were no clubs wanting them? or did you let them run down their contacts?. And also how often did you replace your non-playing staff as you went up through leagues for better one's? and also did you send your coaching staff on courses to get their licence's. Ps I've used the reserve and youth team to play friendlies to make money as they don't play in the reserve and youth team leagues, did you also do this?, I've made a lot of money by doing this.
I know that you are busy with your new save, but could you answer these questions?. I've managed to take Runcorn Linnets to Blue Square Bet North Division now, winning all trophies that I've entered so far!. But still all my players and non-playing staff are on amateur contacts can't afford semi-pro wages yet!.

In what year are you?
2036 i think off the top of my head.

PPM's were basically offered if my staff recommended them. I kept all staff regardless of skill level just shifted them around if they were a bit less than stellar. Guernsey have plenty of money so i basically let contracts run down. Anyone i wasnt fully convinced by in youth intake only got short contracts so i could get shut if they were not good enough.

I know that you are busy with your new save, but could you answer these questions?. I've managed to take Runcorn Linnets to Blue Square Bet North Division now, winning all trophies that I've entered so far!. But still all my players and non-playing staff are on amateur contacts can't afford semi-pro wages yet!.
You have done better than me then i barley won any of the cups on the way up! Also don't ever feel like you can't ask me a question i'm always happy to help where i can :)

PPM's were basically offered if my staff recommended them. I kept all staff regardless of skill level just shifted them around if they were a bit less than stellar. Guernsey have plenty of money so i basically let contracts run down. Anyone i wasnt fully convinced by in youth intake only got short contracts so i could get shut if they were not good enough.

You have done better than me then i barley won any of the cups on the way up! Also don't ever feel like you can't ask me a question i'm always happy to help where i can :)
I'm doing okay in Blue Square Bet North Division now in the top four, but only 19th September 2015 still early. You must have had great chairman at Guernsey, my chairman won't up grade enough to produce good youngsters, the last commit from him when ask him to upgrade youth level was we would rather you rely on signing players ready to play first team rather than focusing on developing players yourself. How lucky you were with your chairman at Guernsey. Also I've had two failed takeover bids in three seasons.

Last edited:
Started my save. Decided to go with Guernsey in the end. Not doing a youth challenge though so its easier for me :).

First promotion down :), hopefully many more to come!

Just finished reading this and wow great story. I'm about to start the same but with queens park in Scotland should be hard as they start as amateur.

Just finished reading this and wow great story. I'm about to start the same but with queens park in Scotland should be hard as they start as amateur.
I'd advise you don't use them as it's impossible for them to be anything other than amateur.

I'd advise you don't use them as it's impossible for them to be anything other than amateur.
Thanks will think again which team I'm going to go, was doing a save with Monaco but feel I've gone as far as I can got to 2026 an won everything

How in **** did you manage to keep a game running for this long without having it corrupt?

I'm doing okay in Blue Square Bet North Division now in the top four, but only 19th September 2015 still early. You must have had great chairman at Guernsey, my chairman won't up grade enough to produce good youngsters, the last commit from him when ask him to upgrade youth level was we would rather you rely on signing players ready to play first team rather than focusing on developing players yourself. How lucky you were with your chairman at Guernsey. Also I've had two failed takeover bids in three seasons.
@MojoDex quick question for you which download did you use to get club & competition logos?, to get Guernsey F.C. club logo etc.

@MojoDex quick question for you which download did you use to get club & competition logos?, to get Guernsey F.C. club logo etc.

It's on Guernseys fficial forum, I'll find it when i get home if you like?

I'm not so bothered about Guernsey F.C. club logo, I was looking for English lower leagues clubs logos in general. It would be very helpful to tell how you did it with Guernsey to get their club logo?. Thanks

I downloaded the badge/logo/kit etc megapacks from sortitoutsi. took a while but worth it and lower league/non league teams like Guernsey are in them.

I'm not so bothered about Guernsey F.C. club logo, I was looking for English lower leagues clubs logos in general. It would be very helpful to tell how you did it with Guernsey to get their club logo?. Thanks

I downloaded the badge/logo/kit etc megapacks from sortitoutsi. took a while but worth it and lower league/non league teams like Guernsey are in them.

This is wht i did just addded the Guernsey stuff off there forum to it.

Think the very latest pack must have the likes of Guernsey. My laptop reset last month and I lost everything so had to download the latest megapack, and Guernsey had their badge.

@MojoDex, Oh by way my Runcorn Linnets save was going pretty well, I got them promoted Blue Square Bet Premier. Four straight promotions in four seasons being champions of each league and winning every cup competitions as well that entered bar FA Cup of course. Nine Trophies in four seasons and the club has turned professional in the fifth season. But steam updated 13.3.0 last night and now I couldn't load my save game again, saying their error!. So I deleted my save, going start again maybe with Runcorn Linnets again?.