Getting through one season on FM10

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 86
  • Views 8K
you can't restart your game every time you lose mate :( cheating a bit.

Oh well.I will never get over it if I start the season like that..

I won't do it the next time then ¬_¬

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

This is absolutely unbelievable.The amount of times Chelsea cheat.

If you are that bad, just use FMRTE!

No.I don't cheat.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Fine.Forget it.No more talking about this Chelsea bollocks.

Have problems with my players atm....

It said on the last meeting we become overawed by Higher Reputation Teams and Complaecent against Lower Reputation Teams....

How can I sort that out ?

Turning the game off when you lose will just make it boring tbh, and if you do that a lot that's probably why you can't complete a season as it's boring.

Bouncing back from losses and getting the squad to find some form is the best part of FM for me, that's what makes it a football manager game, having to grind results when you're not doing great, like in real life.

Also, I agree with Andy's essay on the 1st page, just take that advice.

Also, just give making tactics a go, the first step is learning to balance attack and defence in a tactic, which after a while is like riding a bike, you don't forget.

I've now had to restart my game five times from my last save with Man Utd after I keep losing to Chelsea.It's really taking the mick now.

Oh well.I will never get over it if I start the season like that..

I won't do it the next time then ¬_¬

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

This is absolutely unbelievable.The amount of times Chelsea cheat.

I hate to break it to you but restarting every time you lose is pretty much cheating. Now if you lose against Chelsea 5 times in a row it's obviously your tactics.. If you are not very good at tactics just play a simple 4-4-2

I hate to break it to you but restarting every time you lose is pretty much cheating. Now if you lose against Chelsea 5 times in a row it's obviously your tactics.. If you are not very good at tactics just play a simple 4-4-2

That's what I'm doing,that's what I tried for the last 11billion times!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I like to play counter-attacking football,built with a strong defence and pacy wingers,not necessarily playing a one-man tactic with an AM in it.

But I never seem to find the right players,let alone the right team for it.I tried to do it with Aston Villa.Played for about 26 games and then finally got the sack because we were 19th in the table.Horrendous.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

im the complete opposit i always have a very good scroing record but my defence is always sh*t

*Sigh*

I'm getting bored of this losing bull**** with Chelsea.2-1,2-0,1-0,1-0,1-0,1-1 (loss on penalties),2-1,2-1,0-0 (loss on penalties)

very tedious.

Last edited:
its all about taking your time, a lot of people just jump through pre season. for me, that is the slowest part of the game.only recently started a game with united (not been playing FM recenity having got addicted to dawn of war and dawn of war 2 again!) it took m 5 days just to get through pre-season.

this is what i do, even before i choose team expectations (even though with united its gonna be win title)
1) ask myself how want i to play?
2) find how the team plays in real life
3) is the team capable of playing how i want to play, or am i better of playing similar to real life
4) who do i need buy/sell to make this style happen?

i like my teams to play as a unit, so i tend to use fluid, with less creativity for lower teams and vice versa

when it comes to roles i start from the top

for example this my united 4-4-2
fluid, short passing, more freedom, more roaming.

1) rooney left complete forward attack, he will need supply so:
2) dimi right complete forward support, he come sdeeper, creatiing passes and spcae to attack into for:
3) valencia right winger attack, who attacks down the line and must be covered by:
4) o'shea right fullback support, whos holding postion crossing from deep

so have mutual support, then i to the same think down the left:
giggs winger support
evra fullback attack
vidic ball playing defender cover (to cover the pace evra leaves when he bombs forward)
ferdinand ball playing defender defend
and in midfield, suppot player (flecther box to box) alongside attacking winger, and attacking player (scholes adv playmaker) alonside supporting winger, mutual support all through the team.

only once i have my shape do i think about transfers

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

rooney is going to struggle in your formation, there is no one attack the space behind him to support him (something thats happens united in real life too often, someone in mid needs an attack role,

Chelsea are not cheats on the game :p

Chelsea Chelsea !!

I agree with you kituno, ive tryed on numerous occasions to make tactics, and they never work, but i built them to how i want to play, not to how my team should play, i will try that on my benevento save, by the way kituno if you want to have fun dont turn off the game, its a pointless thing to do and you will get bored, download some of nick mains created leagues from armenia or latvia and start down there, its really fun, if you start doing awfully dont change tactics, any tactic is good if your team adjust to it, it is just some take longer than others

too true i cannot state to just how importnat it is that you stick with one tactic at the beginning. unless its an me exploit, no tacti is amazing at the beginning, even the best need a bit of time ( if you decent enough you'll get the resulst while the team blends. for as united since i brught serveal new players, my aim was to get to november (roughly the time needed to get the team having an extremely strong understanding) and still be in touch in rivals, thats when i my season really starts, since now team is a unit, and i change bits in the tactic without major drawbacks

too true i cannot state to just how importnat it is that you stick with one tactic at the beginning. unless its an me exploit, no tacti is amazing at the beginning, even the best need a bit of time ( if you decent enough you'll get the resulst while the team blends. for as united since i brught serveal new players, my aim was to get to november (roughly the time needed to get the team having an extremely strong understanding) and still be in touch in rivals, thats when i my season really starts, since now team is a unit, and i change bits in the tactic without major drawbacks

I agree with you kituno, ive tryed on numerous occasions to make tactics, and they never work, but i built them to how i want to play, not to how my team should play, i will try that on my benevento save, by the way kituno if you want to have fun dont turn off the game, its a pointless thing to do and you will get bored, download some of nick mains created leagues from armenia or latvia and start down there, its really fun, if you start doing awfully dont change tactics, any tactic is good if your team adjust to it, it is just some take longer than others

Thanks for those pieces of advice.I think I'm just gonna start all over again,without restarting and really building a good,strong team and taking them to success.That way,it will be more enjoyable because right now,it's a piece of sh*t tbh.:S

Mr Houghs tactics, arguably some of the best fm tactics ever, took me 5 games to start winning with WEST BROM, the best team in the championship, then i was getting better, i also set a challenge that i was only allowed to buy people based in 3 countries, i chose italy, holland and england, some may say its not hard, but believe me when i saw some players going for cheap prices in spain, i was sad

Mr Houghs tactics, arguably some of the best fm tactics ever, took me 5 games to start winning with WEST BROM, the best team in the championship, then i was getting better, i also set a challenge that i was only allowed to buy people based in 3 countries, i chose italy, holland and england, some may say its not hard, but believe me when i saw some players going for cheap prices in spain, i was sad

Lol.

Gonna try them soon,they look good.;)

Also try once in a while in the lower leagues, ill tell you why, if you are in a higher league you have to make more complex tactics to do well, for example if you are lets say liverpool, you have to get all those stars in fantastic roles and free roles to utilise their abilities to the very best, but if you are lets say morecambe you can go less complex with maybe one player who has the creative freedom, im trying out the serie c1/a with a small team called benevento, seriously try some other countries other than england, maybe the 2nd teir of holland? ive always wanted to play as telstar in the dutch second teir, try them, or go to spain,italy, france, or even scandinavia, the possibilites are endless, thats why SI add so many leagues so people dont get bored, imagine how boring it would be with just england, france, italy and germany, it would suck

also dont worry about losing to chelsea in community shield, its the one time you can afford to lose against them wothout the board getting too annoyed, and its good way to watch how chelsea play, so you're ready the next time when it matters