Getting through one season on FM10

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 86
  • Views 8K
Also try once in a while in the lower leagues, ill tell you why, if you are in a higher league you have to make more complex tactics to do well, for example if you are lets say liverpool, you have to get all those stars in fantastic roles and free roles to utilise their abilities to the very best, but if you are lets say morecambe you can go less complex with maybe one player who has the creative freedom, im trying out the serie c1/a with a small team called benevento, seriously try some other countries other than england, maybe the 2nd teir of holland? ive always wanted to play as telstar in the dutch second teir, try them, or go to spain,italy, france, or even scandinavia, the possibilites are endless, thats why SI add so many leagues so people dont get bored, imagine how boring it would be with just england, france, italy and germany, it would suck

True say.I wanted to try and go to Greece or Cyprus and manage there.Or even in Bulgaria.

also dont worry about losing to chelsea in community shield, its the one time you can afford to lose against them wothout the board getting too annoyed, and its good way to watch how chelsea play, so you're ready the next time when it matters

I know but I just hate losing against Chelsea.They're scum.But,yeah,I get you.

Do a team that no one else is doing, if you have success you will feel better about it, just stay out of england, ive had so many saves from there but i just get bored, only my kidderminster, southampton and man city ones have gone over 2 seasons, well kidderminster almost, would it be better if someone else selecting a team for you?

Do a team that no one else is doing, if you have success you will feel better about it, just stay out of england, ive had so many saves from there but i just get bored, only my kidderminster, southampton and man city ones have gone over 2 seasons, well kidderminster almost, would it be better if someone else selecting a team for you?

I'm thinking about doing one in Japan with Gamba Osaka.

Yeah,ok.

I just looked on the recent stories list, 23 of them are based in england, no one goes outside of england which is why i find it more fun, and for the picked team be De Grafschaap in holland

I just looked on the recent stories list, 23 of them are based in england, no one goes outside of england which is why i find it more fun, and for the picked team be De Grafschaap in holland

Ok.Will try that.

I was also thinking of Bordeaux.Saw them last night in the Champions League when they lost to Lyon 3-1.Lisandro is a beast.XD

If you are struggling it may sound stupid but read the guides on Tactical Theroems etc produced by FM Britain, the Player Roles guides and the Team Talks guide by Woolfsongs(sp).

Just taking some time to go through these will really improve you as an FM player, it has certainly done the trick for me :)

If you are struggling it may sound stupid but read the guides on Tactical Theroems etc produced by FM Britain, the Player Roles guides and the Team Talks guide by Woolfsongs(sp).

Just taking some time to go through these will really improve you as an FM player, it has certainly done the trick for me :)

Tried getting it but they never sent it to my email.:mad:

Mind sending it to me (A)

I Always find with those theroems luke that they have nothing on the formations i like, but i read them again last night and have built a tactic, having my first game with it now

I Always find with those theroems luke that they have nothing on the formations i like, but i read them again last night and have built a tactic, having my first game with it now

Did you win or lose?

Try my style: When i start a new game , i`ll try to manage a very poor team , media predict. somewhere 18-19-20 , it`s fun trying to fight your way out of obscurity , my last game "Hull City" , first season 14th , not bad for a team like Hull . Buy young players , try to use them in Cup matches , or against lower teams , try and keep the same tactic for the first 2 months , use touchline instructions ... it`ll be more fun than managing teams like Real , United , Chelsea , City , Barca ...... and then you`ll make an ideea about the FM . GOOD LUCK

There is nothing that appeals to me more than a Journeyman save. I started in France's 3rd tier and I am Paris FC 2000 and I must say you grow fond of the squad. It's brilliant. Also, when you get bored or if another team takes interest you, you can take the job and progress, move to new surroundings. It's terrific

I won a few games in pre season with my new tactic using andys advice to shape the team, brought in a few good players and am about to start the season, only game lost in pre season was to napoli

True say.I wanted to try and go to Greece or Cyprus and manage there.Or even in Bulgaria.

I know but I just hate losing against Chelsea.They're scum.But,yeah,I get you.

Its a game mate. Stop throwing the dummy out the pram just because you lose one game. Stick with a game! Oh and practice makes perfect as they say, I guess.

Its a game mate. Stop throwing the dummy out the pram just because you lose one game. Stick with a game! Oh and practice makes perfect as they say, I guess.

Mate.If you go through the thread more,I've stopped,so instead of re-igniting the fire,I suggest that you don't start an argument.

And so what if it's a game.I will take it however I want.It's not really much of your business.

Yeah gibbard some people arent as good at fm as others, get some respect, you may be a master tactician i dont know? but some arent and try hard to get better at the game

i think building a tactic to fit the team you have is essential, and also, many of the players have just moved to a new team, especially in the lower leagues, then you bring in more new players, they will need time to gel. i cant stress enough how important the freindlies are in pre season on FM. i can spend nearly as long on pre season as i do on a good chunk of the actual season. finding out what tactics, tweaks, team talks and instructions work best for your players is vital before you head into the first league game. and most of all, chin up! dont let the bad results get you down, let them make you more determined to figure out the problem and fix it :)

sorry if people have posted any of this before, i didnt read everything in here before, sorry :)

good luck justkitano hope this might help.