If you ordered game from g2a.com will receive key some point tomorrow afternoon.

just got of livechat with them

This sucks these sites didnt tell u needed a second key to get the full game, even steam said it would download it automatically and update the beta version

GMG is a great site and very trustworthy. I've been buying games from then for a while and I have never once regretted it. The support has been slow, but my few issues were sorted. The main issue people seem to have on trust pilot is refunds. Digital products have been, and continue to be a grey area when it comes to refunds. It is just how digital sales are. You can't really blame the companies. Only legitimate reason to get a refund is if a game has bugs galore and doesn't work as intended.

Edit: It says on the FM14 page on gmg, you will get a second key :)

Another legitimate reason for a refund is the fact that retailers like GMG often sell the same CD key more than once. Yet another legitimate reason for a refund is not receiving your game in the first place.

Besides, I tend not to trust statistics based on one person's experiences :)

This sucks these sites didnt tell u needed a second key to get the full game, even steam said it would download it automatically and update the beta version

It might have been a miscommunication between the sites and SI. Steam can just add the key to your account and update it for you. For third party sites they will need to send the key to them and then the sites to give you the key. Just a theory though. Seems logical.

It might have been a miscommunication between the sites and SI. Steam can just add the key to your account and update it for you. For third party sites they will need to send the key to them and then the sites to give you the key. Just a theory though. Seems logical.

No. These third party sites buy disc copies of the game, and send you the Steam activation codes that follow the disc. Also they don't have anything to do with SI or Steam.

Ehh... Hopefully SI can sort it out, so we dont need to buy the game twice just to get editor aswell...

Ordered a key from a site (not from steam that is), downloaded the full game but it still says version 1.0. I've restarted steam countless times, but it still says version 1.0. Anything I can do except wait?

EDIT: I am a moron... I looked at the version of the skin I just installed and not the version of the game... XD My version is 14.1.2, completely up to date.

Last edited:
Another legitimate reason for a refund is the fact that retailers like GMG often sell the same CD key more than once. Yet another legitimate reason for a refund is not receiving your game in the first place.

Besides, I tend not to trust statistics based on one person's experiences :)

I have never heard of sites selling duplicate cd keys. Provide proof for me to believe it.
Receiving your game on time can be completely out of the sites hands. The publisher of the game could release the keys late. The site might have network issues. They might be sent less keys then they were told they would receive. I believe Guild Wars 2 was out of stock on GMG when it was released. I remember them updating the game page, facebook and twitter to keep customers in the know.

Really? I've been stuck in this live chat with them for 66 minutes and I'm still number 6 in the line haha. Tomorrow afternoon as in today as it's now past 12? So basically thursday afternoon, yes? Also will they be sending it via email?

No. These third party sites buy disc copies of the game, and send you the Steam activation codes that follow the disc. Also they don't have anything to do with SI or Steam.

Some third party sites do that. But I believe for steam games the main thing would be digital keys, not disks. They'd buy them straight from SI so they have something to do with them providing the keys.

I have never heard of sites selling duplicate cd keys. Provide proof for me to believe it.
Receiving your game on time can be completely out of the sites hands. The publisher of the game could release the keys late. The site might have network issues. They might be sent less keys then they were told they would receive. I believe Guild Wars 2 was out of stock on GMG when it was released. I remember them updating the game page, facebook and twitter to keep customers in the know.

I experienced it last year when buying FM 13 from a third party site (not GMG though). And considering how many third party sites have a shitload of bad reviews on trustpilot, why is it hard to believe?

I'm aware that receiving the game on time can be out of their hands, that's not what I'm arguing here at all. Besides, like you say, it can be - but it isn't necessarily.

But what's with the whole defensive approach here? I'm just saying that not all third party sites are to be trusted, and that's a perfectly logical statement.

I ordered mine from a third party site this year(g2a.com) I'm just wondering that when patches/updates are released, are they updated automatically even if we didn't order through steam?

I experienced it last year when buying FM 13 from a third party site (not GMG though). And considering how many third party sites have a shitload of bad reviews on trustpilot, why is it hard to believe?

I'm aware that receiving the game on time can be out of their hands, that's not what I'm arguing here at all. Besides, like you say, it can be - but it isn't necessarily.

But what's with the whole defensive approach here? I'm just saying that not all third party sites are to be trusted, and that's a perfectly logical statement.

Because I'm not going to take one persons statement and believe it to be true. I would like proof.

You mentioned it being a legitimate reason for a refund. I was just explaining how it could be out of their hands.

You singled GMG out specifically. A site that I have used and trust. You were saying something bad about them, I thought it's only fair for someone to say something nice about them.

Because I'm not going to take one persons statement and believe it to be true. I would like proof.

You mentioned it being a legitimate reason for a refund. I was just explaining how it could be out of their hands.

You singled GMG out specifically. A site that I have used and trust. You were saying something bad about them, I thought it's only fair for someone to say something nice about them.

Like I said, just take a look at the reviews on various third party sites on trustpilot. Also, you refuse to take my statement for it to be true, yet you expect me to take yours? Besides, why would I lie? If I'm singling out GMG like you say, wouldn't I just have said it was them I experienced it with, if I'm as you say lying? Come on.

Also, I mentioned not getting your game as a valid reason. The case you argued was late receivement. That's different.

Last edited:
I ordered mine from a third party site this year(g2a.com) I'm just wondering that when patches/updates are released, are they updated automatically even if we didn't order through steam?

Yes, because you activated it with Steam. It's basically the same as ordering it through Steam, as it ends up in your Steam Library.

latest version now is 14.1.2 (the first full version)... those who are still on 14.1.1 you have to add the retail key to steam... i got mine from gmg and there are 2 keys there... the second is for retail... i just added the second key and game updated and i have the editor in tools

also, the dark skin is in steam workshop.. i understand that they want to promote the workshop, but I cannot understand why the dark skin wasn't with the update as usual... the **** workshop wont load in to game to install the skin, in just freezes the game

latest version now is 14.1.2 (the first full version)... those who are still on 14.1.1 you have to add the retail key to steam... i got mine from gmg and there are 2 keys there... the second is for retail... i just added the second key and game updated and i have the editor in tools

also, the dark skin is in steam workshop.. i understand that they want to promote the workshop, but I cannot understand why the dark skin wasn't with the update as usual... the **** workshop wont load in to game to install the skin, in just freezes the game

If you have a facepack installed uninstall it then go back into the Steam workshop. It's a known issue and came across the solution on the SI forums. It's to do with the Steam Cloud as it can only handle 1gb of files. Something technical like that.

yeah thx, found it on SI official forums... moved the graphics folder, then a was able to access the workshop and install the skin... then moved the graphics folder back

If you have a facepack installed uninstall it then go back into the Steam workshop. It's a known issue and came across the solution on the SI forums. It's to do with the Steam Cloud as it can only handle 1gb of files. Something technical like that.

How do you uninstall the facepacks?