L'Alba di Paolo Maldini - A Toddzy Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 9 - 'The Embargo...'

We all sat around the table, not sure on what to expect. Myself as well as Mauro, Franco and Valter had all been instructed to attend a board meeting at 9.00 AM. It was said to be urgent.

*Silvio enters, with a sheet of paper in his hand*

I followed him closely as he sat down. I couldnt read him and still had no idea what so ever what this was going to be about.

*Silvio began to speak*

'Thank you all for coming today. Sorry to disrupt you so early in the morning, but, news like this I am about to deliver can not wait any longer. as of today, 23/10/09, I have decided to enforce a club transfer embargo. '

*Everyone looks at one another...confused*

'Yes I know what your thinking. The club is NOT in any financial difficulty do not worry. ALL of your jobs are guranteed. The aim of the embargo is to help produce more talent via our own club. Paolo was the one who suggested the idea.'

*Everyone looks at me, stunned*

'What the **** are you on about Silvio?'
'Paolo I have no time for arguments. The project will run until 2013. We will then decide to re-inforce or lift the ban. You may now go.'

*I hung back, demanding an explanation*

'2013? What am I meant to do?'
'Watch the youth Paolo, the youth are key.'
'My idea, when did I ever say this either?'

*Silvio grabs my arm*

'Listen here Paolo. Your a good man, and a good leader. But what you have to learn now your in the board room is, I'm the boss, not you. You f***** up my Pirlo deal. Now, I'm f****** up your's for the next 4 seasons. Now go take training, and don't speak a word of this, ok?'

*I hesitate, the grip tightens.*

'Is that clear?'
'Yes.'

*He let's go.*

'Good. Now go take training like I said.'

I left the office, only to remember something I needed to ask.

'Silvio. What of the Neymar deal?'
'We'll talk later, Paolo.'

- - -

View attachment 93802

- - -

Foot Note : Inspired by King Eric's new story, I have enforced a self inflictied transfer embargo. Unlike KE it won't be for 90 years, simply only 4 as a project. Please comment on the idea and your thoughts on the story so far :wub:

Nice twist m8 -- will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

it would be nice to see this in real life XD

I think it is a great idea mate, imagine if you win titles with experience and youth ? all of your experienced players are fantastic, so its going to be very cool to see how this develops :)

Nice twist m8 -- will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

It will be. I'm really interested myself to see where this goes tbh :) I just liked the idea so thought why not!

it would be nice to see this in real life XD

I think it is a great idea mate, imagine if you win titles with experience and youth ? all of your experienced players are fantastic, so its going to be very cool to see how this develops :)

Thanks man, Im going to tie the older players down on new contratcs due to the embargo, so an update on that will be around shortly. Im refering to Pirlo, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Gattuso and Nesta. Players like that, who are reaching the end. They shall be key in training the youngsters.

Toddzy this is excellent work, keep up the great work im defo following to the end :D

Chapter 10 - 'The Neymar fail..' - Part 1 (The Interview)

santosfc.com catches up with Neymar!

He's said to be the next best thing. He's said to be the best thing to come from Santos since Robinho and Diego. At 17, he's still a kid, but what does Neymar think of all the speculation linking him to Maldini's AC Milan? What's his favourite Disney film? Find out in the exclusive interview!

Neymar : Hey, it's no problem.

Website : We'll settle you in slowly here with an easy question.

Neymar : Ok *laughs*

Neymar : Mmm, Spaghetti for me. *laughs*

Website : Ok, Ok, lets get serious now. Your only 17 and already your in the Santos first team and heavily relied apon. Do you feel any pressure at all?

Neymar : In all honesty, no I don't. I just love football. Since I was 4-5 making it professional has always been my dream. Now I've done it, theres no pressure, only happiness.

Website : Sure, very valid point. You've been compared to other Santos products, such as Robinho and Diego. How does this make you feel?

Neymar : Robinho is great. He's like an older brother. When he returned on loan from Manchester City my game benefited for sure. His dribbling and pace is one of the best in the world. As for Diego, I know what a great player he is, but we're differant types of players. To have the comparison though is truely, an honour.

Website : You mentioned Robinho being like a brother. Do you still keep in contact though he moved to Milan?

Neymar : I must admit, I was devastated to see him leave Santos again. Although I understood it was only a part-time loan, it was sad to see him leave. But he still phones every couple days for a catch up, which is really nice of him.

Neymar and Robinho training together at Santos

*Interviewer nods in agreement*

Website : It is. But, if rumours are true, you may be joining him in Milan. Rumour are suggesting that Santos chiefs have already rejected a bid from AC. What do you know on this?'

Neymar : Not a lot if I'm honest. I've been trying to focus on football but of course these stories catch your eye, it's only natural. Franco Baldini has been on the phone to the club and my agent, but thats all I know.

Neymar : I havn't thought about it too much to be honest. The prospect of playing at the San Siro is a delightful idea. But right now, I play for Santos and this remains paper talk.

Website : Before we leave you, we have to ask the traditional santosfc.com question.

Neymar : Ahh! I've already prepared my answer!

Website : Ok then, here goes. What is your favourite Disney movie?

Neymar : No doubt, Finding Nemo.

*Interviewer and Neymar laugh*

Website : Neymar, it's been a pleasure. Thank you for your time and good luck whatever happens regarding your future!

Neymar : Thank you, it was my pleasure!

- - -

- - -

Please comment :wub:

Last edited:
Finding Nemo *.*

Funny interview :) can you buy him mate? what about the tranfer embargo?

Finding Nemo *.*

Funny interview :) can you buy him mate? what about the tranfer embargo?

This update probably should have been done before the embargo as it was completed before it! But the neymar fail has 2 parts, and the neymar gain will have one, which shall be posted later!

Insane stuff, I love the way u mix styles to please both types of reader close to perfection IMO

Good interview m8 :) Light-hearted too, which is good, reminds me of a 'Match' magazine type interview.

Wont be an update for a while, looking to start my own download page like *James* (bugu111) and several others. I will return to it though, its really enjoyable to write and actually play the game.

Don't leave it too long - I'm looking forward to this chapter playing out to see what happens!

Change of plans, I will continue this story, but I'll be posting an end of season update soon as I've played on :) I hope you still follow nd please leave feedback :wub:

wow, nice one, will be following this one.

so you will get the boy? he is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.