L'Alba di Paolo Maldini - A Toddzy Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I much prefer the new style of writing mate, keep it up. Good story, please keep this one going!!!

Chapter 7 - 'A Trip to Naples.'

Rossoneri confirm arrival of Di Salva!

AC Milan have today confirmed that they have signed Italian Valter Di Salvo as part of their new backroom staff. Di Salvo will become a First Team Coach and is said to earn £3,100 a week.

Following spells with Lazio, Real Madrid and Manchester United as a fitness coach Di Salvo looked to get a little more involved. With the arrival of Capello in 2007 at Madrid the Italian appointed Di Salvo as his first team coach.

Di Salvo was one of the men used to meet with Ronaldo whilst that transger saga was going on. He was pictured by several newspapers doing so.

But following his departure from Real Madrid, di Salvo has been unemployed. Rated highly by many, The Rossoneri seen this as an ideal addition especially as no fee would be involved.

AC Milan now travel to Naples to play Napoli in their next Serie A game.

- - -
I had to admit, I was very excitied with the prospect of playing Napoli today. After our performance against Palermo, I felt like we would really turn in a good performance, at least, thats what I hoped.

As our bus travelled through Naples, I couldnt help but stare at amazement at the sights. They were truely stunning.

*Mauro taps my shoulder*

'What is it Mauro?'
'We've arrived Paolo, lets go'

*I'm greeted by many adoring fans standing outside, I sign a few autographs.*

'Lads, you really need to turn in a good performance today. It's really important after the defeat against Palermo, you need to get back to winning.'

They really understood this, they all seemed so fired up.

And after 26 minutes it showed. An Ignazio Abate run down the right was key. As he dribbled past Dossena, he swung in a delightful cross. Stuck in 2 minds, Paolo Cannavaro knocks the ball past his own keeper.

It stayed that way till half time, I gathered the lads in.

*Closes door, but stands with hand on it.*

'Its ok lads. Its not too bad but it's not great either. They're a good team, but c'mon, you guys are better! Just move it into 5th gear, and we'll be cruising, thats all you guys need to do.'

*I open the door and hold it for the players as shout encouragement before heading up the tunnel.*

It appeared my team-talk hadn't worked though, as we didn't get another goal until the 86th minute, via Robinho. He plays a one-two with Santa Cruz on the edge of the box, and after getting past Cannavaro, Robinho rattles a shot which the keeper couldnt save.

2-0 was the final score.

'Well done lads. It's been a long day, lets just get on the bus and relax and head home. Then we'll take the day off tomorrow.Again, well played guys.'

With this game over, I quickly looked to the next. But I had another meeting with Silvio, it sounded serious.
- - -

View attachment 93777

- - -

Pleae comment :wub:

Looking good toddzy -- another fine update :)

this is a good story so far mate keep up the good work

Chapter 8 - 'I thought Benfica were a good side Dad..'

Aaah. Fresh air. For the firt time in a while, I was just relaxing. No club dramas no players to speak to, no meetings, just Paolo time. I sat in the back garden, beer in hand and simply just enjoyed the peace. I had the arrival of Benfica soon, so time to relax before the game I felt wa needed.

*Bzzz, Bzzz, Bzzz*

It was Silvio, again.

'Hello Silvio.'
'Paolo, glad I reached you.'
'Silvio, you sound troubled..What seems to be the problem?'
'Just, we must meet soon.'

*Silvio hung up*

- - -
Following a day off, I headed to an under 18 game. It was a Milano derby, it was pretty much compolary to attend. There was an unbelieveable amount of talent on show, there really was.

I pulled up in my Audi. I knocked the car in neutral and lifted the handbrake. I got out and headed to the park.

the game finished 4-3 to our young starlets. It was a delight to watch and as I headed away from the pitch I couldn't help but think we had some great talent. The thing was, with the amount of money the club could generate I had so much ability to buy youth. This I felt was a shame. But I still fully intended to bring ome players through.

Hours later, we had the task of defeating Benfica. I was now nervou as I felt that this would be a difficult game for the lads. Saviola, Cardozo, Aimar and Di Maria would all be on show tonight, I could only hope at the moment that the lad would be able to break them down befoe they caused any danger.

'Guys. I know this is going to be a difficult game. I just want you to go out and do this for the supporters! You really can win this game, you have the ability no doubt, just use it effectively!'

7th minute, we let in an own goal via a poor mistake from the defence. Saviola rattles a shot which cannon off the crossbar and hits the keeper. I shake my head in diassappointment.

Things picked up. On the 13 minute, another mazy run from Ignazio Abate set up an easy header for Roque Santa Cruz. 1-0 to Milan.

*I begin to fist pump and jump up from the sideline*.

'Get in! Some goal Mauro eh?'
'It was great Paolo!'

We both took our seats again, after the enitial excitement. We made it 2-1 when Pato wa fouled in the area. No other than Pirlo stepped up to cooly convert another spot kick. He ran over to the crowd and began to kiss his badge. It was a moment that the fans will always remember, one moment of sheer passion from a player.

Things got even better though, on the 35th minute, Pato cored quite possibly, the goal of the tournament already. Following a Benfica corner cleared by Felipe, Pato picks the ball up in his own half. He beats 2 defenders and dribbles past the keeper before scoring.

*I jump up from the bench in celebration and throw my arms in the air*.

The flairs of AC Milan were all over the place. More delightful passion.

Half time came and passed, and at 3-1 things were looking good. Following another 2 fouls, we won another 2 penalties. Dentinho scored both of these and we took the match 5-1. Boy oh boy what a result.

As I headed down the tunnel I heard a young boy spea to his dad.

'I thought Benfica were good side dad?'
'They are son, only Paolo has us better.'

*I smiled at this and kept walking.*

'I am truely delighted guys. That was a **** of a performance. Why can't you play like this every week? Stunning though, just again relax tomorrow and we'll meet to discuss the Catania game on Friday.'

But as soon as I left the changing room expecting to finally relax, I was greeted by Valter.

'Paolo, Silvio needs to see you.'
'Oh, I'll meet him in the morning, I'm sure he'll understand.'
- - -

View attachment 93794

- - -

Please comment :wub:

You P'm me as I was reading your story mate :) As a AC Milan fan i will beyond doubt follow this :) Some very good results, Keep up the fantastic work

You P'm me as I was reading your story mate :) As a AC Milan fan i will beyond doubt follow this :) Some very good results, Keep up the fantastic work

Thanks man, about to write an update just now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.