Mascherano - Liverpool didn't do enough to keep us

I'm still gutted that Masch and Alonso left, we've been missing quality like that in our team lately.

Although, Lucas and Meireles are improving vastly as they're being played in their natural positions (I think? Not sure about Meireles).

I do disagree with Liverpool not trying hard enough to keep Torres. What are they gonna do, give him a new contract to make him vastly overpaid? No way.

I want to see what you lads will say when Meireles continues playing better and better and Suarez the same... Trust me , i dont miss Mas or Torres, esspecially Torres, hope he can continue hes amazing carreer but we dont need players that in 1 month can say "I love this club and want to stay" and "I want to leave"... Let him go, leave it , whatever... The only person i miss is Xabi Alonso. Xabi and Meireles would KILL!... The only person i am not yet sure about is Andy Carroll... He did awesome in Newcastle, now lets see if he can continue his GOOD, nothing more yet, carreer.

Mascherano moaned for months that he wanted to go and torres wanted more more money. How can you keep players that dont want to be at the club

Mascherano moaned for months that he wanted to go and torres wanted more more money. How can you keep players that dont want to be at the club

Torres wanted more chance of winning trophys and play for a better club not money.

Let's be honest lads he's better than Meireles.

Let's be honest lads, we can't really compare seeing as they're completely different players.

Alonso > Meireles > Lucas > Shelvey > Mascherano

Torres wanted more chance of winning trophys and play for a better club not money.

So why did he say less than 2 months ago that he honours his contract's and will honour the one ha has. Money Money Money

Alonso > Meireles > Lucas > Shelvey > Mascherano

Alonso>Mascherano>Merireles>Lucas>Shelvey

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

So why did he say less than 2 months ago that he honours his contract's and will honour the one ha has. Money Money Money

Because funnyily enough people have the right to change their mind thats why. Back then he also never thought Chelsea would make a bid for him.

A lot of bitterness from Liverpool fans, that which you'd expect of a bluenose.

Masch really should be saying 'the owners didn't do enough to keep us', saying Liverpool sounds like the fans or the staff had something to do with it. I miss Masch, just like I miss Alonso, I miss Arbeloa, I miss Hyypia, Hamann and I am sure I'll eventually miss Fernando. We have moved on now though and we're rebuilding our team, hopefully we have many a glorious year ahead of us.

YNWA Javier. :)

What a shame...he is one of the best defensive midfielders. Now he is sitting on the bench at barcelona. And at barcelona he is not as important. What i really dont understand is...that this guy really enjoys playing for barcelona even as an cover for Busquets. And it's not true that he joined Barca for better wages. He actually took a pay-cut when he joined.

Wasted at Barcelona tbh.

What a shame...he is one of the best defensive midfielders. Now he is sitting on the bench at barcelona. And at barcelona he is not as important. What i really dont understand is...that this guy really enjoys playing for barcelona even as an cover for Busquets. And it's not true that he joined Barca for better wages. He actually took a pay-cut when he joined.

Wasted at Barcelona tbh.

Mascherano was never going to fit into Barca's style of play, that was there for all to see.

Be serious people

Meireles and Mascherano cant be compared do completely different things

Mascherano is one of the best in the world at breaking up play and making challenges he was everywhere and perfect for the premier league

Meireles just getting started but proving himself very weel in technical ability going foward.. very good passer.

Mascherano sort of player is deffienatly missed! cus meireles and gerrard both like attacking... Quality player and is missed and not wanted ina lauge where that sort of player is not needed

But yes LFC miss him hugely

Last edited:
Alonso>Mascherano>Merireles>Lucas>Shelvey

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Because funnyily enough people have the right to change their mind thats why. Back then he also never thought Chelsea would make a bid for him.

You asked that and this was my response.

I find it amusing that people only said "Meireles and Mascherano can't be compared" when some forum members said Masch is the superior player. Before that, three posts of pure nonsense labelling Meireles as superior and nothing.

Let's be honest lads, we can't really compare seeing as they're completely different players.

Proper *** head comment. Everyone's being bitter saying this different player business to avoid saying the truth. Were usual nt bitter that's what am saying. Masch is a player 80% of people would rather have in there team.

I find it amusing that people only said "Meireles and Mascherano can't be compared" when some forum members said Masch is the superior player. Before that, three posts of pure nonsense labelling Meireles as superior and nothing.

Mascherano is better than Meireles at certain roles although Meireles adds more to the team. That being said, I'd rather have Mascherano, he's possibly the best defensive midfielder in the world. I'll judge properly at the end of the season though. :)

Mascherano was never going to fit into Barca's style of play, that was there for all to see.

Pep Guardiola has a bit of a history signing players that he knows won't fit in at Barca. Pretty good players aswell.

Exactly.. Masch is a better player at what he does Meireles doesn't do what Masch does therefor it's unfair to compare the two players.

But with ask yourself this.. Out of the two who would you want? One being a players who doesn't decided whether he actually wants to give it his all until the game has already started and gives away free-kicks all the time, has been given red cards and yellow cards near enough every game. Or on the other hands a player who can pass, create things, score goals and give it his all each time he puts the shirt on.

I know which one I'd rather have.

Ah come is that a fair to describe Masche like that?

Which out these two would you want? One who anchors the midfield really well and have the willingness as well as the ability to tackle opponents effectively to win back balls and provide superb protection especially during counter so that the front 4 (or 5) can attack more aggressively or a player who always go forward and can't do a s*** on defend, not to mention too ***** to tackle.

I'm not saying that's how I see things but what I just did there is pretty much the same with your statement. You're comparing the strength of a player against the weakness of another player - who plays in a different role in the tactic.

So yeah it can't be compared directly just like that.

But if I have to choose I would choose Masche any day. Him doing what he does best enables Gerrard to attack more - which is what Gerrard does best as well. With meireles, gerrard is employed deeper and have to defense more.

Which guy would you prefer to be the 'guy playing behind the striker' role. Gerrard or Meireles? Simple as that. The league standings probably answer that.

Yeh...because Barcelona is so dominant, so they dont need good tacklers like him so much. And mascherano is better than busquets..but busquets is from their academy. Thats why they are playing him. Just my opinion.