Mascherano - Liverpool didn't do enough to keep us

Must be bored of sitting on the bench so decides to give his unwanted opinion.

Don't worry Mascherano, you're not missed.

Busquets is extremely underrated. He has been amazing for Barca this season and was great for Spain in the world cup. He fits into the Barca system perfectly and always knows exactly what to do on the field. He's clearly on the same wavelength as the other Barca players. He functions really well as the 3rd CB, something that is a step beyond Masch right now.

Masch doesn't. He clearly doesn't fit in. I see where Pep was going with it, he's trying to buy players like Ibra and Masch that help cover Barca's weakness (Ibra, lack of height, Masch, lack of physicality and tackling), but neither could fit in. Masch does not pass nearly well enough to be in the Barca midfield, even if he's a great player. Hopefully Guardiola learns from his mistakes.

Really too bad for Liverpool they lost Mascherano and Alonso. They were a great doing. One was one of the world's best tacklers, the other, one of the best passers. It was perfect that they had those two sitting behind Gerrard. And then with the speedy Torres to pick up through balls from Gerrard or even Alonso. The problem is Rafa wasn't good in transfers and there were a lot of mediocre players surrounding those four players. If the money had been spent better of the past 5 seasons they might have one a title by now.

The thing is that Valdes doesn't get to show his goalkeeping skills so much because he plays in a VERY dominating team.

Joe Hart > Valdez ;)

Busquets is extremely underrated. He has been amazing for Barca this season and was great for Spain in the world cup. He fits into the Barca system perfectly and always knows exactly what to do on the field. He's clearly on the same wavelength as the other Barca players. He functions really well as the 3rd CB, something that is a step beyond Masch right now.

Masch doesn't. He clearly doesn't fit in. I see where Pep was going with it, he's trying to buy players like Ibra and Masch that help cover Barca's weakness (Ibra, lack of height, Masch, lack of physicality and tackling), but neither could fit in. Masch does not pass nearly well enough to be in the Barca midfield, even if he's a great player. Hopefully Guardiola learns from his mistakes.

Really too bad for Liverpool they lost Mascherano and Alonso. They were a great doing. One was one of the world's best tacklers, the other, one of the best passers. It was perfect that they had those two sitting behind Gerrard. And then with the speedy Torres to pick up through balls from Gerrard or even Alonso. The problem is Rafa wasn't good in transfers and there were a lot of mediocre players surrounding those four players. If the money had been spent better of the past 5 seasons they might have one a title by now.

I disagree with ur comment on Ibra being a bad signing, as we all saw in the Barca's game against Hercules at the start of the season, Barca could not manage to get the ball into the box, if they had Ibra they could have reverted to a plan B and gave him long balls to chase, Ibra always added a extra dimension to the Barca attack and he did decently too, no idea why he was loaned out

Masch is needed as a sub in games where Barca are trying to protect a narrow lead, Busquest does not have the physicaltiy like Masch to break up play and get stuck in, Masch can also be used in games such as against At Madrid where he is required to track the physically imposing Forlan by dropping deep and nullifying him, as Spanish football is more on techinality and not as physical as English Football, Busquests is able to perform his role admirably, i doubt he can reach the same heights in English Football but that remains to be seen and is a debate for another day

I disagree with ur comment on Ibra being a bad signing, as we all saw in the Barca's game against Hercules at the start of the season, Barca could not manage to get the ball into the box, if they had Ibra they could have reverted to a plan B and gave him long balls to chase, Ibra always added a extra dimension to the Barca attack and he did decently too, no idea why he was loaned out

Masch is needed as a sub in games where Barca are trying to protect a narrow lead, Busquest does not have the physicaltiy like Masch to break up play and get stuck in, Masch can also be used in games such as against At Madrid where he is required to track the physically imposing Forlan by dropping deep and nullifying him, as Spanish football is more on techinality and not as physical as English Football, Busquests is able to perform his role admirably, i doubt he can reach the same heights in English Football but that remains to be seen and is a debate for another day

Was probably loaned out because they have Villa, and even if he adds another dimension, his wages are far too monstrous to be on the bench.

I thought Masch left because his wife couldn't settle in England? Not seeing how that's Liverpool not doing enough to keep him.

Was probably loaned out because they have Villa, and even if he adds another dimension, his wages are far too monstrous to be on the bench.

I thought Masch left because his wife couldn't settle in England? Not seeing how that's Liverpool not doing enough to keep him.

no they bought Villa after selling Ibra, was probably the worst transfer deal in history, buying Ibra and immediately loaning him out again after a season

no they bought Villa after selling Ibra, was probably the worst transfer deal in history, buying Ibra and immediately loaning him out again after a season

Thats why i dont rate guardiola among the best managers. He has a pretty terrible transfer record.

A lot of bitterness from Liverpool fans, that which you'd expect of a bluenose.
Typical koppite bringing Everton into your mishaps.

They signed Villa quite a few months before they loaned Ibra to Milan if I recall right. I don't know enough about Barca's history to comment on why they loaned him straight out though. I assume that they wanted Villa for whatever reason, Ibrahimovic wasn't settling or something. But we're going off topic. ;)

Typical koppite bringing Everton into your mishaps.

Now now, lets not turn this into an argument. Most bluenoses are proud of their bitterness, besides it was a joke.

But a pretty immense trophy record.

It's not exactly difficult to win trophies with the squad Pep has at his disposal. Any half decent manager would be able to with that squad.

It's not exactly difficult to win trophies with the squad Pep has at his disposal. Any half decent manager would be able to with that squad.

Its somthing i bought up a little while ago. Look at Frank Rijkaard won lots of trophys at Barca and failed at Galatasaray and is struggling to get work.

Thats why i dont rate guardiola among the best managers. He has a pretty terrible transfer record.

Would be amazed if he has any control over transfers at all, he's a first team coach at best.

if that was true he wouldnt of picked chelsea.

So you think Liverpool have a better chance of winning trophys and in this current day are a better side than Chelsea is that right?

Torres wanted more chance of winning trophys and play for a better club not money.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but Chelsea don't win that many more trophies than Liverpool :'(

I know it's hard to believe: Chelsea 11 - 10 Liverpool (In last 10 years including Community Shields 2-2)

I hate to be the one to break it to you but Chelsea don't win that many more trophies than Liverpool :'(

I know it's hard to believe: Chelsea 11 - 10 Liverpool (In last 10 years)

Yes, but we won the double last year so we are in a better position for winning trophies atm, and at least Chelsea are in champions league! I think that was a massive influence on Torres' decision.