Mascherano - Liverpool didn't do enough to keep us

Masche isnt wasted on Barca, btw.

But yes Pep does prefer Busquets because he's from the academy as well as he plays better in the Barcelona system which basically keeps possession and need good passer from the midfield.

Masche however solve our problem when being counter-attacked. He always break down the opp before they can get to our defense. I hope he would play him more though. I prefer him than Busquets.

And one more thing you guys are too underrating his passing ability. He got decent passing - yes no Xabi or Xavi but I've seen him play some good diagonal through balls when he play for Barca.

Yeh...because Barcelona is so dominant, so they dont need good tacklers like him so much. And mascherano is better than busquets..but busquets is from their academy. Thats why they are playing him. Just my opinion.

Have you seen Masch play for Barca or are you just making wild accusations? I've watched him play for them twice and neither time he looked like he fitted in, never mind into Barca but into Spanish football. Busquets suits the Spanish game better than Masch.

As soon as I read the OP i proceeded to read the replies and the thread kinda went downhill straight away when someone said Meirles(sp) was better than Masch, needless to say it totally ruined the thread from the start

Have you seen Masch play for Barca or are you just making wild accusations? I've watched him play for them twice and neither time he looked like he fitted in, never mind into Barca but into Spanish football. Busquets suits the Spanish game better than Masch.

I have seen him play but i dont watch many of Barcas game. Well, you might be right. Busquets is better suited to the style. But he is supposed to be a holding midfielder too..and if i had to choose one of them to a PL team. I would take masch.

To a spanish side? Well then probly Busquets. I trust your judgment ;)

I prefer Raul because he's much better offensive player and can add more depth to squad, but Mascherano is great defensive player.

Beside Real, Barcelona and Bayern I really don't like MUFC, but they (sir Alex) have best transfer policy. When I look at signings last 10 (and more) seasons I can notice that there is no consistency and few players have spend more than 4 years there (with some significant impact). They have ruined few good talents (Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec, Babel) and I just hope that they'll have more patience with Jonjo so that one day he can be as good as Gerrard.

I have seen him play but i dont watch many of Barcas game. Well, you might be right. Busquets is better suited to the style. But he is supposed to be a holding midfielder too..and if i had to choose one of them to a PL team. I would take masch.

To a spanish side? Well then probly Busquets.

Exactly. Mascherano is far more suited to the Premier League.

To a spanish side? Well then probly Busquets.

Busquets is not a holding mid, he is a sort of player similar to Carrick and Makelele, there are quite a few articles on zonalmarking about how players like him are underrated, he was probably one of Spains best players in the WC and was instrumental in helping Barca to the Treble last season

Busquets is not a holding mid, he is a sort of player similar to Carrick and Makelele, there are quite a few articles on zonalmarking about how players like him are underrated, he was probably one of Spains best players in the WC and was instrumental in helping Barca to the Treble last season

Well...some people call him overrated too. IDK honestly...i usually dont watch his games.

Mach was a great player, I think he just had less resolve than Torres and left in the summer while Torres stayed loyal, i mean if a club like Barca arguably the best club in the world want your services compared to a clup that was on the down at the time under Hick and Gillet then I dont blame him for going

Disappointed you've left, but you sulked until you got your way, we didn't over pay you, we did what we could to keep you. Not enough? Jog on.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Yeh...because Barcelona is so dominant, so they dont need good tacklers like him so much. And mascherano is better than busquets..but busquets is from their academy. Thats why they are playing him. Just my opinion.

Not necessarily Sergio doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is vital in feeding the ball, he is the link between the defense and Xavi/Iniseta, he plays the role of a 3rd centre back, he picks up the ball and plays the counter attack superbly. Love both players, Masch should never have joined them, they don't need a ball winner, considering they're normally on the ball.

Disappointed you've left, but you sulked until you got your way, we didn't over pay you, we did what we could to keep you. Not enough? Jog on.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Not necessarily Sergio doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is vital in feeding the ball, he is the link between the defense and Xavi/Iniseta, he plays the role of a 3rd centre back, he picks up the ball and plays the counter attack superbly. Love both players, Masch should never have joined them, they don't need a ball winner, considering they're normally on the ball.

he probably joined them cos they needed a brutal tackler like him to come on when they were conserving narrow leads to break up play and its always handy to have a good option of players around who can perform different roles, he will add another dimension to Barca's midfielder just like Ibra did when he was at Barca

how can you compare meireles against mascherano?? sorry masch but you wanted mega wages...now a bit player at barca

how can you compare meireles against mascherano?? sorry masch but you wanted mega wages...now a bit player at barca

hardly a bit player, i'd like to see meireless go to Barca and try get into the first-team

What he means is "Liverpool didn't have enough money to pay for the wages we wanted"

I'm glad you've gone anyway, numerous amounts of red cards, stupid free-kicks near enough every game. Hope you enjoy your years of not getting first team football each week, you'd have got that here.

I'm not, Mascher was epicness, the best defensive mid in the world. He didn't get many red cards either.

Right, Mascherano's completely different to Merieles, no point comparing them at all.

whats he talkin about he refused to play against city he's a copa del ray player now

He is underrated, just like Valdes.

Valdes is quite underrated, he could easily become the national goalkeeper of quite a few major countries such as England for starters, a really good keeper but people will obviously not look at him when he is alongside Reina and Iker:wub:

Valdes is quite underrated, he could easily become the national goalkeeper of quite a few major countries such as England for starters, a really good keeper but people will obviously not look at him when he is alongside Reina and Iker:wub:

Reina < Valdez ;)