DECEMBER 2014

December was black and white for "The Clarets". We started very well after an abysmal November and won our first 4 games in December.

View attachment 305306
Burnley 2-0 Swansea

We controlled the game from start to finish and kept our 2nd clean sheet of the season. Ashley Barnes was on top form and tormented Swansea's defense repeatedly.

View attachment 305305
___________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305303
Hull 3-5 Burnley

I was hoping to carry the form of the Swansea game into this match and we did just that by scoring in the 9th minute. Micheal Kean got sent off for an unnecessary foul after I had warned him to calm down at HT. But we managed to see the game out with 10 men with Danny Ings bagging an incredible 4 goals.

View attachment 305302
__________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305301
Burnley 4-1 Manchester City

Wow!!! I couldn't believe what was happening in the first half as I raced to an unlikely 4-0 lead at HT against a Man City team who looked toothless from the start. I decided to defend the lead and changed to a defensive tactic I created earlier after they scored almost immediately after the 2nd half kickoff and I managed to see it through to claim all 3 points.

View attachment 305300
__________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305298
West Ham 0-5 Burnley

It just kept getting better and better as I thumped West Ham in the Capital One cup quarter final to be drawn against Norwich in the semis

View attachment 305297
___________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305299

West Brom 5-5 Burnley

I couldn't believe how we threw away a 4-0 lead before HT and ended up trying to keep a point. We raced to an early lead in the first half before "Mr Complacency" came to visit my players again like he has been doing this season; leading to a string of mistakes from my defenders.

View attachment 305296
________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305295
Burnley 0-0 Newcastle

It was a poor game from start to finish as both teams never looked to get into the game. My forwards looked like they had a lot to drink the night before the game.

View attachment 305293
______________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305292
Tottenham 3-1 Burnley

I wasn't really hoping for much as I had just conceded 5 against West Brom. I just didn't want a cricket score. We did well but now well enough to win the game.View attachment 305291
_________________________________________________________________________________________

We achieved our target for the month and made it into the Capital One cup semis. I just hope the board will give me some more money to spend this coming transfer. I managed to extend Keane's loan until the end of the season but couldn't do the same for Chalobah as Chelsea blatantly rejected

JANUARY FIXTURES

Everton (A) BPL
Stoke (A) FA Cup
Chelsea (H) BPL
West Ham (A) BPL
Norwich (H) Cap One cup semi
Norwich (A) Cap One cup semi
Crystal Palace (A)

This looks like a tough month for me but I just wanna get to the Capital One cup final and probably face Chelsea who are facing Southampton and we'll see where that will take me.

Last edited:
JANUARY 2015

I really struggled in the month of January as I was focused primarily on the cup competitions. I couldn't manage a single league win but I managed to make it through the FA cup and the Capital One cup.

View attachment 305201
Everton 0-0 Burnley

I wasn't really expecting much from this game and my players managed to come away with a point.

View attachment 305224

View attachment 305223
Stoke 1-1 Burnley

I didn't want a repeat of the last time we met so I played cautiously. I just wanted to get a replay and we managed to do just that.

View attachment 305222
__________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305221
Burnley 2-3 Chelsea

Still looking for my first win in the league for 5 games so I knew it was always going to be tough against the league leaders but I was happy to get a penalty in the first minute of the game but Chelsea equalized almost immediately with their own penalty. We never seemed to get back into the game as Chelsea dominated.

View attachment 305219
____________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305217
Burnley 1-0 Stoke

After the first game, I told my players that they would have to be at their best to win this replay. I was particularly impressed with the clean sheet. I was then drawn against fierce rivals, Blackburn

View attachment 305215
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305214
West Ham 1-1 Burnley

Still looking for a win, we scored first but due to some slack defending, we just couldn't control the game and conceded from a quick counter attack by West Ham

View attachment 305212
____________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305211
Burnley 1-1 Norwich

I was really hoping to win this game by a huge margin and take control of the tie, but I was rather struggling not to lose as Norwich attacked relentlessly, wave after wave. Ings has been in great scoring form and he continued.

View attachment 305209
______________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305208
Burnley 2-1 Blackburn

It was a tight game but we managed to come through with a win. Jesus Vallejo really impressed as he was starting to break into the first team.

View attachment 305207
_________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305206
Norwich 0-5 Burnley

I was angry at my players about the first leg and I told them exactly how I felt and they responded with an exceptional performance to face Chelsea in the finalView attachment 305205
________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305204
Crystal Palace 0-0 Burnley

I was expecting the team to carry the form from the last game into this one but It wasn't meant to be as we were bland. Savitsky impressed me but it wasn't enough to win the game.

View attachment 305203
___________________________________________________________________________________

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 305202

FEBRUARY FIXTURES

Leicester (H) BPL
Manchester United (H) BPL
Arsenal (A) BPL
Hull (H) FA cup
Sunderland (H) BPL
Aston Villa (A) BPL

Tough month ahead for us as we are still looking for a win in the league but we are looking good in the cup competitions.

Last edited:
I think youve had a very solid first half of the season, a decent gap on bottom 3 and really good runs in both cup comps,
You did the right thing putting the cups above the league, unlikely you'll get relegated and a good chance to pick up 1 or both trophies. And europe next season!

FEBRUARY 2015

I knew it was always going to be tough for us this month but we had some excellent results like in the Man Utd game were we won.
View attachment 305198
Burnley 2-2 Leicester

I really hoped we would end our win-less run her but we couldn't. Players got complacent and threw away a 2-goal lead. Danny Ings scored again and was beginning to attract interest from many clubs.

View attachment 305193
______________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305192
Burnley 4-3 Manchester United

Words couldn't describe how happy I was to end our winless run and most importantly against high-flying Man Utd. We strangled the game from start to finish.

View attachment 305191
______________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305190
Arsenal 3-1 Burnley

Nobody expected us to win but we did our best with Danny Ings impressing again. I had just renewed his contract as he is my most important player.

View attachment 305189

____________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305188

Burnley 3-0 Hull

I didn't want a repeat of the cricket score last time we faced each other and I was really impressed with our defending and the resulting clean sheet.

View attachment 305187
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305186
Burnley 1-0 Sunderland

Again we defended well after scoring in the first half. Things were beginning to look good for us.

View attachment 305185

View attachment 305184
Aston Villa 0-3 Burnley

Our 3rd clean sheet in as many games. We maintained our composure and controlled the game from start to finish. This would be the perfect form leading to a final against heavy weights, Chelsea.

View attachment 305183
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

We really impressed this month and defended well in most of out games this month. This might be a new turn of events. The board takeover collapsed and I was offered a new contract by the club which I accepted. I just hope we can usurp Chelsea in next month's final.

MARCH 2015 FIXTURES

Chelsea (N) Cap One cup final
Liverpool (H) BPL
Middlesbrough (A) FA cup sixth round
QPR (A) BPL
Stoke (H) BPL

Whether I win Chelsea or not, I'm sure we'll be going to Europe because they are at the top of the league. I want to get to the FA cup Semi Final at all cost and also get a revenge on Stoke. If we can do these, then this would be a good month for us.

Last edited:
I think youve had a very solid first half of the season, a decent gap on bottom 3 and really good runs in both cup comps,
You did the right thing putting the cups above the league, unlikely you'll get relegated and a good chance to pick up 1 or both trophies. And europe next season!

I'm really glad at what I have achieved this season and I have already avoided relegation. Danny Ings is single-handedly carrying my team. I just hope I can win something this season.

MARCH 2015 FIXTURES

I didn't do as well as I expected this month but I managed to get to the FA cup semis. I lost on penalties to Chelsea but I sure gave them a match.

View attachment 305174
Burnley 0-0p Chelsea

We managed to take the game to extra-time and penalties but we were just not lucky enough to win the game. I was really proud of our performance.

View attachment 305172
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305171
Burnley 2-3 Liverpool

We played really well but Liverpool were lucky to win. I wasn't impressed with my strikers' performances

View attachment 305170
_______________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305169
Middlesbrough 1-4 Burnley

This was one of our best performances all season. We dominated the game and had a lot of chances.

View attachment 305166

View attachment 305165
QPR 2-1 Burnley

Again, complacency was my enemy. My players' body language dropped spontaneously in the 2nd half. I don't know how it happened. We never seemed to get back into the game.

View attachment 305158
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305157
Burnley 6-1 Stoke

I created an attacking tactic and it was amazing on its debut. My players were excellent and we more than revenged against Stoke.

View attachment 305156
________________________________________________________________________________________________

We had some good results but not exceptional. I was impressed with some of our defending this month and we are doing well in both the league and the FA cup.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 305155

APRIL 2015 FIXTURES

Southampton (H) BPL
Swansea (A) BPL
QPR (N) FA cup semifinal
Hull (H) BPL

Looks like an easy month for me given my current form. I have to make sure my players don't get complacent when we get the lead.

APRIL 2015

I predicted an easy month and so it was. I won all 4 games I played this month and I'm now in the FA cup final against Chelsea...again. Hopefully, I'll win this time.
View attachment 305154
Burnley 5-2 Southampton

As I predicted, we took the lead and the scoreline was set before "Mr. Complacency" paid his regular visit. Savitskiy was starting to fulfill his potential.

View attachment 305152

View attachment 305151
Swansea1-2 Burnley

We were very lucky to leave with the win. Swansea were beginning to get into the game but we stood firm after acquiring a 2-goal lead.

View attachment 305150

View attachment 305149
Burnley 7-2 QPR

I decided to go with my attacking tactic and we absolutely blitzed QPR in the first half. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

View attachment 305148
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 305147
Burnley 3-1 Hull

It wasn't a particularly good team performance but we managed to win against Hull. Abel Hernandez gave me a very tough time and even scored.

View attachment 305145

Everything went according to plan for me this month but we couldn't keep a single clean sheet.
Savitskiy really impressed me this month and he won the player of the month award.

I have 4 games left and a final against Chelsea in the FA cup.

MAY 2015 FIXTURES

Manchester City (A) BPL
Tottenham (H) BPL
Newcastle (A) BPL
West Brom (H) BPL
Chelsea (N) FA Cup final

I seriously need to the FA cup and revenge for the Capital one cup defeat to Chelsea. This is probably my toughest month so far this season. I hope I achieve my targets.

MAY 2015

We managed to finish 6th in the league but once again. Chelsea were lucky to win as I gave them a very very tough game. I actually dominated the match and took the lead twice but it just wasn't meant to be.
View attachment 305115
Manchester City 6-2 Burnley

I knew it just wasn't meant to be after what I did to them at home.I had 2 red cards and I couldn't complain because my team were poor.

View attachment 305114

View attachment 305113
Burnley 6-2 Tottenham

My players responded brilliantly after the last game at the Etihad. Savitskiy ran riot at Tottenham's defense.

View attachment 305112

View attachment 305111
Newcastle 1-5 Burnley

We started brilliantly as usual and kept our cool to go with the 3 points. Danny Ings scored a hat-trick.

View attachment 305110

View attachment 305109
Burnley 3-3 West Brom

I was anxious to not have a repeat of the first match where we threw away a 4-goal lead. We started well but then everything broke down; we went in at HT on a 3-1 deficit. I was angry at them and they responded but couldn't find the winning goal.

View attachment 305107

View attachment 305106
Burnley 2-3e Chelsea

Chelsea were once again lucky as I dominated the game. My strikers were just not alert to finish the chances we created.

View attachment 305104

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 305103
PLAYER STATS

View attachment 305102

TEAM REPORT SUMMARY

View attachment 305101

TACTICS ANALYSIS

View attachment 305099

GOAL TIMES

View attachment 305097

GOAL TYPES

View attachment 305094