My tip for OI: Set them for individual players instead of asking your assistant in games in which you are the underdog, when I play Manchester United I have RVP, Mata and Pogba (in my save they bought Pogba) set to tight marking, hard tackling... etc, but the other players I consider "average to my team" so I leave them. So to simplify it, only set OI's for players that are better than the average player in your team.

Early Impressions: the tactic is really solid at the back but way too defensive. Team barely attacks and there are long periods with no highlights. Started well initially winning games 1-0 2-0, but a loss to United away led to a string of bad results.
Do you suggest still playing attacking against big teams AWAY?

I have tweaked the tactic to my own version and am trying that out. If it works out well i will let you know.

Early Impressions: the tactic is really solid at the back but way too defensive. Team barely attacks and there are long periods with no highlights. Started well initially winning games 1-0 2-0, but a loss to United away led to a string of bad results.

I have tweaked the tactic to my own version and am trying that out. If it works out well i will let you know.
agree . :(

against the big teams I use the Direct style, I know there can many tweaks to get this better in scoring goals but it might lead to more goals being conceded, it seems that this FM 14 you can't have one without the other.

but I have a tweaked version myself but it's a 4-2-2-2 with the ST and AMC played as a SS in AMC, all you need to do is change the AP to SS but keep the same player instructions and for your ST chnge him to Treq bring him into the AMC position then either keep it as Treq or change him to a SS

also sometimes it's good having Overload against teams are maybe Control instead of attacking this could provide better scoring opportunities

View attachment 359382 View attachment 359381

here's my end of first season review and from the table I think it's very impressive with 84 goals levelled with Chelsea and only conceded 12 goals, and to think I don't have the greatest defenders I only have Collo, Mbiwa and Street

sorry I also have Souttar who has spent most of the time injured :(

first try , concede 3 goal and have a 3 - 3 draw , should I change match training to defend movement ?

it's up to you mate, myself I have left it on attacking movement since it's solid at the back.

thread is updated with new player instructions for the 2 DLP's on support.

I realized that I always concede from a cross . When opponent switch ball to the flanks , my 2 WB can't handle it .
Exactly, nezza - don't be abuse , ur tactic is very good as for 14.3.1 but the wing secure is pure s...it XD When u meet with team dispose of strong wingers and tall , well playing without ball striker u have fu...ked up. I just have played 10 save-load away matches in semi-final of ChampionsLeague witch Chelsea (Hazard, X.Shaquiri, Lukaku) in a row , and I was smashed in all about 0-4 , 0-5 :D It is ridiculous.

goal2581999 & pastnho

I'll work on the WB's to make them more secured at the back, I don't seem to have an problems with my WB's but every save is different.

P.S what teams are you's using?

Exactly, nezza - don't be abuse , ur tactic is very good as for 14.3.1 but the wing secure is pure s...it XD When u meet with team dispose of strong wingers and tall , well playing without ball striker u have fu...ked up. I just have played 10 save-load away matches in semi-final of ChampionsLeague witch Chelsea (Hazard, X.Shaquiri, Lukaku) in a row , and I was smashed in all about 0-4 , 0-5 :D It is ridiculous.

try setting your WB's to FB's on support and have close down more and tackle harder added in there player instruction, this should make them more defensive and better to tackle the opponents wingers