What tactic do you use choices?

That type of save sounds fun and challenging but I don't think I have the patience to get that far. Furthest I got was 2019 with QPR but due to some type of bug, my game messed up and I had to start over. Presently doing MK Dons save. Febian Brandy is just disgusting for my squad. It's almost January 1st in my first season and he has already scored 52 goals in 31 appearances.

I downloaded tactics from the site and then I changed them when I was using another small team in the Spanish Division. Currently in 2034 which is close to the longest tenure I have in the game. I usually play until I am the richest club in the world with the best team. Just takes a while for Iceland to get up there for richest club. Although with this save I am trying to get them to be the richest club in the world and have Iceland the best league in the world. Currently 8th and the Cup is 10th. Yeah with Iceland its really quite boring for the league play since my budget is around 3.8 (at 776K right now which I know is the highest in the league, but did lower it by 200K by selling off like 6 players). I found that its easiler to make people higher value than in bigger leagues cause the rest of the league is terrible that you can get better stats and it just skyrockets. I think out of the last ten free's I got I sold them for around 180M.

The real challenge is getting the league up, although its nice to get another team in Champs league when you win it the previous year. Only thing that is challenging is keeping your teams finances good (only around 850K from tv rights and winning the league which I have done every year), and the only money to keep you positive in winning champs league or selling off players. Which is why it seems that the oldest players on my team will get to be 26 or 27 since they cost too much once they hit that age. Plus better to sell them off.

Swansea? Who are they?

At the moment they are the best team in Europe.

I`ve just finished my 4th season with Swansea. Started from media prediction 20. Nobody gave us a chance, but we manage to surprise everyone, becoming in only 4 years, the Champions of Europe.

The road so far... :

1st season: Finished on 12th place and won the Carling Cup. This succes gave me a spot in the Europa League.
2nd season: Finished on 6th place and brought the first big succes - became the Europa League Champions.
3rd season: After a tough season, I managed to win the Premier League finishing with the same amount of points and same goal difference as Arsenal(+59). Not even the games between me and Arsenal could set us appart(2-1,1-2), so the difference was made by the team with the most goals scored, which was Swansea with 98 goals. I lost the European Super Cup against Barcelona(2-5).
4th season: Won the Community Shield against Fulham, finished 2nd in the PL and won the Uefa Champions League after beating teams as Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea and Marseille in the final, on penalties. Also won the FA Cup in a final against Manchester United(3-2).

The succes is even bigger considering that the transfer budgets were always kinda small and the players I had to count on were either players with expired or expiring contracts which I signed for free or transfer listed players.
Bellow are the screenshots of my succeses.
In 4 years, we never stopped.

Last edited:
Interested in seeing your transfer recaps for the last two years.

Here are the full transfer recaps for Swansea.
The best deals by far were Dario Conca and Jermain Defoe.
I think that my luck was the fact that the first 3 seasons, each winter the board offered me a Change Season Objectives option plus some extra money to furfill the new objective.
P.S. : I am using LFC Marshall database V5 I think, this is why Hargreaves and Vicente were free players.

Second season in, I got my all-time favorite team IFK Göteborg from Sweden to CL-final, pitted against Arsenal! Lost 2-1, but still. Had a bit of a luck with the draws, met teams like Girondins Bordeaux and such. Favorite-part? Lost 2-1 against Juventus at home, came back and won with a crushing 4-1 away! ^^)

Season after that, Arsene Wenger retired and they contacted me. Of corpse I accepted. 2015/16-season now, two straight CL-wins with Arsenal, a bad ***-team consisting of mostly regen wonderkids and so on. Life is good..

Just had one of my best games on FM11, I tore apart Barcelona, even though they were playing with 10 players from the 41st minute on. Both their goals were lucky long distance shots, the second one bounced of the post, then Cech's back and then it went in.

View attachment 194254

Huddersfield
2010/11 - League 1 - 2nd
2011/12 - Champioinship - 18th
2012/13 - Championship - 13th
2013/14 - Championship - 1st
2014/15 - Premier League - 15 *DEC 14
Juventus
2014/15 - Serie A - 9th
2015/16 - Serie A - 1st
2016/17 - Serie A - 4th (Coppa Italia Winners, Italian Super Cup Winners)
2017/18 - Serie A - 2nd (Italian Super Cup Runners-Up) *NOV 17
Tottenham
2017/18 - Premier League - 5th (Champions League Winners)
2018/19 - Currently in September (UEFA Super Cup Runners-Up)

When I started the game I never thought I would ever see this in my save. After a 200K gate receipts to this...View attachment 194343 I am loving life at this club now.

Won the Premiership with an all English team

Ah... I can rest easy, will probably create this on the challenges page when FM12 comes out. Started a game with the objective of winning the premiership using only English players. First of all, chosing the team was difficult, I needed someone who had money, some decent English players as a base and an easy to achieve objective for the first season. Sunderland ticked all the boxes.

First season was a pure rebuilding project, being strict with myself, anyone who wasn't English was dropped to the reserves, transfer listed, sold, loaned and never allowed to play in any cup competition. 13th was the best I managed.

Second season was all about development and getting the tactics right. Built on power and speed, 8th was decent.

Third season saw a real step up in the gears and despite a 7th placed league finish, the team went on a 15 game win streak to finish the season as well as an FA cup.

Fourth season, I blew it. Didn't get my squad depth right in terms of signings despite having the money. Top for thirty games, injuries and fatigue set in for the final 8 fixtures saw us slip down to third, 2 points off the pace.

Fifth season, successView attachment 194357View attachment 194358View attachment 194359 and a respectable champs league exit in the semis. Learnt my lesson about squad depth. Screenshots provided, I thoroughly recommend this challenge to everyone. Four seasons should be a realistic target to manage it.

Two of three career goals completed now:

1. Best the best team in the world (check)
2. Have the richest team in the world (completed now)View attachment 194431
3. Best the best league in the world. Gonna take some time since I been eight for the past like 5 years.

Heh heh heh up and comng starlet "One day I'll play in Iceland."

You'll probably need to prop up the other teams with loaners galore so they can get as successful.

Heh heh heh up and comng starlet "One day I'll play in Iceland."

You'll probably need to prop up the other teams with loaners galore so they can get as successful.

Actually have like 3 other good teams in the league. One is really good, KR, just beat me out for the league by one point. First time ever that I lost the league, but since it was an World Cup year (2038) I had a whole month of basically all my first team out and then four players came back and missed the year from injuries in the world cup.

Southampton 2014, finished 4th in the premier league :)
Chamberlain top scorer with 22 goals and 17 assists

First season with a Div 3 German club and I got Yaya Sanogo on loan for 400k!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!

Now to make him love my club and join permanently

paetoja

thats **** of a poacher:) lol twice as many goals as apps... what tactic do u use if i can ask??