Re-Igniting Europe.....StuW's FC Bayern Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Die Bayern is improving :) Nice result against the former champions,, keep it up mate :)

attachment.php

BAYERN GLAD TO SEE THE BACH OF PODSZUS
attachment-149_100x100.jpg
GLADBACH 1 - 1 FC BAYERN
Fc_bayern_munchen_100x100.gif

van-bommel-mark-514.jpg

FC Bayern dropped two valuable points as they looked to stay top of the Bundesliga against Gladbach. Mark van Bommel again opened the scoring, with a 20-yard drive on the 23 minute mark. From then on, FCB looked like they would coast to victory against a side who sit precariously close to relegation spaces. Then, sub Marcel Podszus came from nowhere to pounce on a Oztonga error to equalise for the hosts.

View attachment 69691
View attachment 69692

End of Month Update

Well, finally I am at the end of my first 'proper' month at Bayern(I dont count July, as there is no competitive football). A good month overall, but some disappointments in there too.

RESULTS

DFB-Pokal
Torgelow 0-5 FCB (Robben[3], van Bommel[2]
A superb performance, with everyone having good games, solid, dominant, perfect.

Bundesliga
FCB 4-0 St. Pauli (van Buyten[pen], Robben[2], Klose)
An absolutely super performance against the Bundesliga new-boys. Robben seems to be in outstanding form, as does van Buyten in the heart of defence.

Bundesliga
Kaiserslautern 2-2 FCB (van Buyten[pen], Muller)
A poor start, fantastic middle, and disappointing end. Some good football wa played, but complacency kicked in late on, and cost us three points.

Bundesliga
FCB 2-0 Wolfsburg (van Bommel, Klose)
A really important victory. We beat the team to beat, and hopefully sent a message of intent to the rest.

Bundesliga
Gladbach 1-1 FCB (van Bommel)
Adecent performance, we had the best of the play, but yet again, we conceded when we looked comfortable to take the game.

SUMMARY

A good month overall. Still unbeaten, with most of the players looking in good form. Still miss Demichelis in the defence, but Otamendi has done a sterling job replacing him.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 69703

Some good transfers in, 10 players for the future in, who are hopefully going to come into the squad over the next couple of seasons.

N. OTAMENDI - 4.5m from Velez
View attachment 69707

The biggest transfer for me this summer. Will fit into the first team straight away, and can only get better.

R. RAT - 2m from Shakhtar
View attachment 69708

I needed cover for DL, and Razvan was the ideal signing. At 2m, he is a relatively cheap signing, and will be solid backup for Lahm.

M. KRASIC - 4.9m from CSKA Moscow
View attachment 69709

At 4.9m, he could be my replacement for Ribery, who wants out. A speedy, tricky and determined winger, he will be slowly integrated in.

S. LUNG Jr - 550k from U. Craiova
View attachment 69710

A real gem of a signing, will replace **** when he hangs up the gloves. Is already improving drastically, and will be one to watch.

O. OZTONGA - 60k from NAC Breda
View attachment 69711

Possibly the biggest bargains in FM history. I didn't spot him, it was my scout who found him. Already playing first team football, and at 15 will be one of the best in the world in the future.

J.P. RODRIGUEZ - 1m from Santos Laguna
View attachment 69712

I needed some cover for Schweinsteiger and van Bommel, and this man fits the bill. At 1m, his stats really defy his meagre price.

RAFFAEL - Loan from Hertha BSC (future fee 2.5m)
View attachment 69713

A loan signing to cover AMC and ST. A very tricky player, he gives me an interesting alternative.

ADRIANO - free from Flamengo
View attachment 69714

A free acquisition that can't backfire. superb in the air, good on the ground, a brilliant all-round ST.

SQUAD
View attachment 69701

View attachment 69702

Almost everyone is performing very well, and the new players are fitting in nicely. Still room for improvement.

Player Of The Month
ARJEN ROBBEN
View attachment 69724

This was a tough choice. It could have easily been Mark van Bommel, or Daniel van Buyten, who have all stood out this month. But it had to go to Robben, who has 5 goals in 5 games from the left wing. Has really excelled this month as an inside forward, and hopefully will get better & better.

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 69726

Sitting 4th, unbeaten, scored 9, conceded 3, a good start for us.So far, Frankfurt are the surprise package, with a 100% record.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW
View attachment 69727

The draw for the UCL was made, with FCB as top seeds. Unfortunately, we have drawn Real Madrid, who will be the big threat to our ambitions. Besiktas and Dinamo will be tough games, but should be wins nonetheless.

Last edited:
Great signings, especially with Krasic, very cheap.

Should easily win the league.

No pressure like. :p

Great signings, especially with Krasic, very cheap.

Should easily win the league.

No pressure like. :p

Yeah, I think I brought in some real gems, especially my two regens:D. Krasic was listed by request, so I bid 4.9m(his value). Man City bid something like 12m, and I beat them to him :)

only 4.9m for krasic ? :O

Yeah, he got listed as he wanted to leave. They put him up for his actual value, which was 4.9m. I couldn't turn down, as if he fails, I can sell for considerably more than 4.9m :)

Yeah, I think I brought in some real gems, especially my two regens:D. Krasic was listed by request, so I bid 4.9m(his value). Man City bid something like 12m, and I beat them to him :)

Didn't know you could get regens in the first season, you live and learn I guess.

Great story anyway, looks like one which could inspire me to make one. :)

Yeah, he got listed as he wanted to leave. They put him up for his actual value, which was 4.9m. I couldn't turn down, as if he fails, I can sell for considerably more than 4.9m :)

Dont worry mate, Krasic doesnt fail , Period :D

Didn't know you could get regens in the first season, you live and learn I guess.

Great story anyway, looks like one which could inspire me to make one. :)

You can, there's just not that many of 'em. If you look you'll find them :)

Still playing this Stu? Looking forward to more updates :)

Yes, will be updating at some point tonight hopefully.:)

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

what database are you using mate

Using 10.3, with my 10.3.1 update(available for download HERE), and my New Talents DB extension(available HERE). Nothing else, apart from Kit Fix and Comp name fix.

This story is immense.. well played StuW..

Tip for the German League, consistency is key. I noticed that a narrow formation was best in my Wolfsburg save, as all the top teams used them, including Bayern.

Well played though, KUTGW.

Status
Not open for further replies.