Ronaldo or Messi?

Ronaldo or Messi?

• Ronaldo

Votes: 235 28.1%
  • Messi

Votes: 600 71.9%

• Total voters
Will have to vote Ronaldo, pure class and scores so many goals...

ronaldo scored how many goals last season? did you not notice how many penalties and free kicks he scored? messi is the best for one reason...... what happens when either of them are tackled? messi: runs off with the ball like it didn't happen.... ronaldo: up in the air, syncronised diving with drogba... simple

when messi starts warming up the opponent defence goes 10 yards backward (fact)
talking about real life here.

ronaldo was last year, this year messi, i would like 2 c both of them at there top form
wat will people say then
another point is prem is twice as good and as hard as spain, 2 much space
gota c messi in prem

The best player in the world right now is neither Messi or Ronaldo but Gerrard and this is coming from a Man Utd fan. But the player who i think is the best in the world overall is Ronaldo,how can it not be...

Messi is brilliant, ronaldo is lazy but i wouldnt say no in signing any of them for my fm09 newcastle squad

ha ha

Steven Gerrard is the best footballer in the world. I'm not being biased and will admit that Messi and Ronaldo are the best wingers in the world and the 2 most exciting in the world. But Steven Gerrrard doesn't only have dribbling, pace, skill, a great shot and accelaration he is one of the most passionate players in the world and has top defensive attributes. Best all round player in the world!

Steven Gerrard is the best footballer in the world. I'm not being biased and will admit that Messi and Ronaldo are the best wingers in the world and the 2 most exciting in the world. But Steven Gerrrard doesn't only have dribbling, pace, skill, a great shot and accelaration he is one of the most passionate players in the world and has top defensive attributes. Best all round player in the world!

not a chance!

wha!!!?

gerrard has the best defensive attributes? why does gerrard have two holding players behind him xabi alonso and javier masharano protecting the back four? all he has is work rate nothing else..

a bit biased mate..

i have come to the conclusion that messi has pretty much won this poll

im a manu fan nd i say messi as messi is in my eyes performing better at the moment than ronaldo

Whos the best player in the world right now in your opinion?

As the question is, Who's the best PLAYER in the world, it'd have to be Messi, BUT if it was who's the best midfielder, then, i'd of choosen Ronaldo :wub:

after wathcin barca tonight, an messi somewhat got marked out of the game by bosingwa, thats sort of made my opinion on him go slightly down,but ronaldo isnt even utd's best player, rooney is, so ronaldo cant be the best player in the world, rooney against spurs played the pass to win the pen assisted 2 more an scored 2 more, so 3 assists an 2 goals, an he works his bollox of, an is capable of winnin a match just as much as ronaldo or messi, a volley against newcastle comes to mind a few years back, or maybe his debut in the prem for everton, scored the winner against arsenal at 16 years old, from about 25 yards out, neither messi or ronaldo would have done that at 16, also rooneys debut for utd, he scored a hattrick, rooney is better than both for me, as a team player anyway

why does this thread come up as new even though the last post was a month ago.
on subject. i would have had to concede it was messi if this was a few months ago but since ronaldo has been in great form especially when we've needed him (so much for being a bottler) and messi has done nowt against english teams i reckon it's pretty close.

we'll never now who is actually better because some people value certain attributes more than others, doubt sabout the quality of la liga and it's all opinion in the end. but i think that who wins the individual awards will be decided by the champions league final if one has a good performance.

also in the awards i think vidic should be up there since he is the best defender in the world and has had a great season. i'm not saying he should win but top ten or five at least.

should have an "other" box on the poll, i think messi and ronaldo are the two most creative players. and maybe best flair players. but i think gerrard is the best footballer in the world. he does everything you could ask of a modern pro. never complains and just gets on with the job. unlike ronaldo

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

As the question is, Who's the best PLAYER in the world, it'd have to be Messi, BUT if it was who's the best midfielder, then, i'd of choosen Ronaldo :wub:
messi is a winger, just like ronaldo isnt he?

should have an "other" box on the poll, i think messi and ronaldo are the two most creative players. and maybe best flair players. but i think gerrard is the best footballer in the world. he does everything you could ask of a modern pro. never complains and just gets on with the job. unlike ronaldo

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

messi is a winger, just like ronaldo isnt he?
ronaldo and gerrard are not that different. ronaldo's prone to a dive occasionaly and so is gerrard. also ronaldo has never had to go to court for alleged assault and affray.

gerrard is not the best in the world. the only reason anyone would even compare gerrard with ronaldo or messi is because there a deluded scouser or just does it because he's english.

messi he is unbelievable it should be considered cheating when he is playing against you lol:D