Ronaldo or Messi?

Ronaldo or Messi?

• Ronaldo

Votes: 235 28.1%
  • Messi

Votes: 600 71.9%

• Total voters
I rate Ashley Young more than Messi. I think he's overrated. Ronaldo is just sublime.

Oh dear...

1) Ronaldo scores more goals than Messi...

WRONG:

Messi 08/09 50 apps 37 goals

Ronaldo 08/09 52 apps 26 goals

2) Gerrard is the best player

Perhaps, He is a great player and I think by the time he retires even the Man Utd fans will have to accept that he's one of the best players of all time if not in then world then certainly in England.

3) All the best players have to come to the Premiership.

Why? Maldini, Davids, Zidane, Ronaldo, Carlos, Totti, Batistuta, etc never played in England, so why should players like KaKa and Messi want to play here? It's a great league for sure but not the best, there is no "best" league, if you took the top 4 from England, the Top 3 in Italy, the Top 3 in Germany and the top 4 England, top 4 in Brazil, top 2 in Argentina then you would have the "Best" league in the world. The majority of the best players in the world have never played in England.

Messi, is the best player in the mold of a wing forward at the moment, he has more passion for his club, more pride and is is a better wing forward with more skill and touch than Ronaldo could ever have.

WRONG:

Perhaps, He is a great player and I think by the time he retires even the Man Utd fans will have to accept that he's one of the best players of all time if not in then world then certainly in England.

Why? Maldini, Davids, Zidane, Ronaldo, Carlos, Totti, Batistuta, etc never played in England, so why should players like KaKa and Messi want to play here? It's a great league for sure but not the best, there is no "best" league, if you took the top 4 from England, the Top 3 in Italy, the Top 3 in Germany and the top 4 England, top 4 in Brazil, top 2 in Argentina then you would have the "Best" league in the world. The majority of the best players in the world have never played in England.

Messi, is the best player in the mold of a wing forward at the moment, he has more passion for his club, more pride and is is a better wing forward with more skill and touch than Ronaldo could ever have.
used his skill and touch against chelsea well didn't he

Hahahah did you watch the games, he caused problems for Terry and Bosingwa so much so he was fouled quite often.
hahaha did you watch the game. he caused no problems. he dribbled in front of their defence with no penetration. huge dissapointment.

hahaha did you watch the game. he caused no problems. he dribbled in front of their defence with no penetration. huge dissapointment.

Considering how Chelsea were playing do you think any player would of got round them with ease ?

Considering how Chelsea were playing do you think any player would of got round them with ease ?
i guess not but he could have done better. basically if the team he's against aren't idiots who he can dribble/pass straight through to goal he and the whole of barcelona's team are stumped.

i guess not but he could have done better. basically if the team he's against aren't idiots who he can dribble/pass straight through to goal he and the whole of barcelona's team are stumped.

Well I would say that Bayern and Real Madrid have players who aren't idiots and look what Messi did to them, Not to mention the unfortunate fact that Henry is on form and Samuel Eto has scored dumb amounts of goals this season.

Well I would say that Bayern and Real Madrid have players who aren't idiots and look what Messi did to them, Not to mention the unfortunate fact that Henry is on form and Samuel Eto has scored dumb amounts of goals this season.
i was referring to those teams. i guess theyr'e not idiots but pepe/metzelder and the bayern munich defenders are nowhere near the quality of ours and chelseas defenders.

i was referring to those teams. i guess theyr'e not idiots but pepe/metzelder and the bayern munich defenders are nowhere near the quality of ours and chelseas defenders.

Pepe, and Cannavaro (Cannovaro and Metzelder played the match) at Real are up there though Pepe completely fail with that horrendous tackle, and Bayerns are okay, they should of had a chance at least afterall they did reach the latter stages of the CL, but I agree, Chelsea's and Man Utd's defence are better but even so all it takes Is one to many forced fouls or errors from Vidic, O'Shea or Evra and it could mean big trouble.

Personally, I'd rather have Messi. He is more loyal than Ronaldo, a harder worker and in my view a much better winger. Also think about this, how many of Ronaldo's goals were from open play over the last 3 years? So all those free-kicks, penalties and goals from corners would dissapear.

But obviously, in game it wont replicate that. But overall, I would take Messi over Ronaldo. He's just a touch of glass. If only he was at Liverpool with Mascherano and Gerrard.. a scousers dream. But, I have never attempted to sign Messi or Ronaldo on FM 09, too much money. But I could sign them, I can easily tap them up. But, I'm hoping to raise my clubs finances to build a new stadium.

WRONG:

mate look it up i think davids did play in the premiership mate, and the only reason all them others dont play in england is because they would get found out, with it bein outside thier comfort zone of nice warm weather time on the ball etc, people like andriy shevchenko come to mind, one of a.c milans best strikers over the past few seasons, was terrible as was veron who was class in italy, so there's actually a lot of players from abroad who come to the premierleague and cant hack it, diego forlan is one of the best strikers in la liga, what did he do in england, and i said it before but ronaldo isn't even utd's best player, so why this discussion has come up i dont know, but ronaldo is just as quick as messi, ronaldo can dribble, ronaldo is stronger and better in the air, a more physical player, and ronaldo can hurt you from more than 25 yards out cos he has that extra power, like vs arsenal the free kick or the goal v porto messi wouldn't have scored that, messi has a better touch etc, but against a good defence he didnt do much like against chelsea, and also it took barca 363 minutes to score a goal against an english team, the semis vs utd last season n the semis this season, an as they didnt win any of them 4 matches i think thats why utd will beat them, hopefully anyway

mate look it up i think davids did play in the premiership mate, and the only reason all them others dont play in england is because they would get found out, with it bein outside thier comfort zone of nice warm weather time on the ball etc, people like andriy shevchenko come to mind, one of a.c milans best strikers over the past few seasons, was terrible as was veron who was class in italy, so there's actually a lot of players from abroad who come to the premierleague and cant hack it, diego forlan is one of the best strikers in la liga, what did he do in england, and i said it before but ronaldo isn't even utd's best player, so why this discussion has come up i dont know, but ronaldo is just as quick as messi, ronaldo can dribble, ronaldo is stronger and better in the air, a more physical player, and ronaldo can hurt you from more than 25 yards out cos he has that extra power, like vs arsenal the free kick or the goal v porto messi wouldn't have scored that, messi has a better touch etc, but against a good defence he didnt do much like against chelsea, and also it took barca 363 minutes to score a goal against an english team, the semis vs utd last season n the semis this season, an as they didnt win any of them 4 matches i think thats why utd will beat them, hopefully anyway

I think you'll remember Barca thrashed Chelsea in the previous CL and they went on to win the CL, and Erm Ronaldo, Anderson, Vidic, all foreign players they can all "hack" it England, How many English players have "Hacked" it abroad, lets face it different styles are going to attracting different players, Robinho's doing okay is he not? 99% of the foreigners that come here do well, it's only the 1% how come here and especially at Man Utd and don't like it, can you blame them Manchester is pants, the weathers **** and the manager is a psycho. Davids was ancient by the time he played here, Vanity signings don't count.

Last edited:
I think you'll remember Barca thrashed Chelsea in the previous CL and they went on to win the CL, and Erm Ronaldo, Anderson, Vidic, all forign players they can all "hack" it England, How many English players have "Hacked" it abroad, lets face it different styles are going to attrack different players, Robinho's doing okay is he not? 99% of the foreigners that come here do well, it's only the 1% how come here and especially at Man Utd and don't like it, can you blame them Manchester is pants, the weathers **** and the manager is a psycho. Davids was ancient by the tie he played here.

first i'm pretty sure he's not saying all foreigners are **** just that the reason some players don't come over is because they couldn't deal with it. i reckon most of the players listed might have come over if in their era serie a and la liga didn't kick ***.

i don't think barca have ever thrashed chelsea and it certainly wasn't last year. barca won it when the english league had just started to go into a griwth spurt brought about by the arrival of abramovich which meant we had to step up our game.

robinho is doing alright but he's nowhere near what he was in la liga and he might as well not turn up away from home half the time.

i think you'll find manchester is not pants. it may not be sunny but the united players don't even live in manchester they live in cheshire and places like that which are very nice. i know i live in cheshire. the reason some people failed is not because of the club it is because they weren't up to it.

sir alex ferguson is not a phsycho

I think you'll remember Barca thrashed Chelsea in the previous CL and they went on to win the CL, and Erm Ronaldo, Anderson, Vidic, all forign players they can all "hack" it England, How many English players have "Hacked" it abroad, lets face it different styles are going to attrack different players, Robinho's doing okay is he not? 99% of the foreigners that come here do well, it's only the 1% how come here and especially at Man Utd and don't like it, can you blame them Manchester is pants, the weathers **** and the manager is a psycho. Davids was ancient by the tie he played here.

i never said foreigners couldnt hack it, i said some of these like you mentioned with big reputations possibly couldnt have hacked it otherwise they'd try, an ye manchester is pants, you ever been mate,i know the weather int great but industrial revolution, the worlds 1st passenger train, the computer, just a few things manchester have done, and nobody wants to buy english players but beckham did 'ok' just like robinho , an that previous chelsea-barca semi was what 3 or 4 seasons ago, you gonna start talkin bout when liverpool won it with hansen an dalglish next its history, an that was a completely different team to the barca team now,the barca team last season an this seson have pretty much the exact same personnel and as i said with that personnel it took them 363 minutes to score against an english team

i never said foreigners couldnt hack it, i said some of these like you mentioned with big reputations possibly couldnt have hacked it otherwise they'd try, an ye manchester is pants, you ever been mate,i know the weather int great but industrial revolution, the worlds 1st passenger train, the computer, just a few things manchester have done, and nobody wants to buy english players but beckham did 'ok' just like robinho , an that previous chelsea-barca semi was what 3 or 4 seasons ago, you gonna start talkin bout when liverpool won it with hansen an dalglish next its history, an that was a completely different team to the barca team now,the barca team last season an this seson have pretty much the exact same personnel and as i said with that personnel it took them 363 minutes to score against an english team

I don't understand why would they try? not for the money they could come here and play **** and still get paid. They don't come here because they like it where they are and thats fair enough. The problem here is that people have some inflated view of the EPL, the top 4 are all foreign for the most part. 1 or to don't make the cut, if English players went abroad as often as foreigners come here I'm sure some of the would fail too !

Took Barca 363 minutes to score against Chelsea... hmm took Liverpool 90 minutes to demolish Man United does that mean that will happen every time ? I think not. The top 4 in the EPL might be the best in the world, but as you know the they arn't owned by Englishmen, run by Englishmen or have entirely English sqauds, so can we really be proud of them being the best, as fans of our own clubs yes, but as an Englishmen it's niether here nor there.

The EPL is **** past the first 8 teams it's the same in every one of the top 5 leagues in Europe and top 3 in South America. What I don't get is how you can say there is no pace in a League because it's not the EPL, when in all honesty pace is only dependant on players and the heat, Henry is no less pacy than he was in the EPL, and Messi is certainly fast enough to out run Evra, O'Shea, Vidic, Ferdinand etc.

I didn't know Manchester invented the computer, I thought that was Turing... come to think of it Manchester has no hands or brain how can it invent anything ! and even if it had a Brain one half would be trying to kill the other !

Last edited:
Ooops guess we were right about Messi ;) all over Vidic and Evra like a fly on **** :D,

I didn't know Manchester invented the computer, I thought that was Turing... come to think of it Manchester has no hands or brain how can it invent anything ! and even if it had a Brain one half would be trying to kill the other !
manchester is a great city. i'm sure what ever inbred place your from is far worse,