Sir Alex Ferguson hit with five-match touchline ban by FA

Without my "Liverpool glasses" on, i think it's fair. He constantly criticizes the referees.

But FA are Fergie's puppets. How is it even possible.

I would say, yes the ban is justified but lot of people need to take their head of their **** before making ridiculous statements about FA favoring United.
people believe what they want to, rather than actually looking at the facts

Lol wut?

It says in the OP what games he misses. Bolton, West Ham, Fulham, City and Everton.

Not a bad games. Home games against Bolton, Fulham, Everton are winnable. Trip to west ham is very tricky.

And against City, Players will always be motivated for Derby games. Not a bad set to miss out..

woah, jumping the gun a bit there i think lol. City aren't guaranteed anything. No-one is this season lol

oh hang on-I misinerpreted that. Soz lol :$

Haha

not its not its only city the games missed are in the OP

My bad. Stupid Times twitter..

If he appeals, it could be extended to 6 games which would mean he would miss Arsenal, apparently.

OK - Confused now: Jonathan Stevenson says:

Fergie ban doesn't start til next Tues. So he WILL be in the stand for Arsenal game on 1 May. Unless Newc game rearranged for April.

Last edited:
people believe what they want to, rather than actually looking at the facts

Exactly. Fergie gets away with everything.

Next day Fergie is banned.

Tune changed to: About time. He got away with a lot.

Phelan and Rene M are the two Tactical men at United, so as long as Fergie can talk before the game and at half time, it's okay :)

i think it was fair, but in a way quite leniant on the FA, becuase he already had 2 left suspended from last time,

so this time really he got another 2 match ban, + 2 that were suspended + 1 for appealing.
They could of given him more for repeated offense if they chose too. 5 Game ban is more than enough though IMO but it wont stop fergie having a pop at the ref again next time, its just what he does.

Phelan and Rene M are the two Tactical men at United, so as long as Fergie can talk before the game and at half time, it's okay :)

Beat me to it lol. Think there's more than enough experience in the squad so I doubt very much it will affect performance or motivation. Might even motivate them more you never know

i think it was fair, but in a way quite leniant on the FA, becuase he already had 2 left suspended from last time,

so this time really he got another 2 match ban, + 2 that were suspended + 1 for appealing.
They could of given him more for repeated offense if they chose too. 5 Game ban is more than enough though IMO but it wont stop fergie having a pop at the ref again next time, its just what he does.

You could have just wished for life ban.. ;)

lol in what way was it lenient? it was the rules.

Not sure if they still are allowed to but would SAF be allowed to speak to Phelan or Rene M on the phone during the match?

Haha

My bad. Stupid Times twitter..

If he appeals, it could be extended to 6 games which would mean he would miss Arsenal, apparently.

OK - Confused now: Jonathan Stevenson says:

Fergie ban doesn't start til next Tues. So he WILL be in the stand for Arsenal game on 1 May. Unless Newc game rearranged for April.
the FA has named the games he is banned for so stick with that for now

The squad is experience enough to motivate themselves and with the coachingstaff behind him, there shouldnt be much problem. considering he will still pick the side and have tactical talks before the games.

Ban doesn't kick in till 22nd, meaning he misses the Arsenal game, but is back for the Chelsea game...

At last the FA have done something right. Hopefully other managers that bring the refs integrity into question will sit up and take notice now and think again before they do it.

Good to see that the FA didn't cower.