Sir Alex Ferguson hit with five-match touchline ban by FA

Does it matter? We'll still win the Premier League, might upset our FA Cup chances a little, but let's be fair, since when have United ever really cared about the FA Cup (2009 semi-final against Everton anyone?). As for the CL, we already knew it was a lost cause the minute Messi was still not assassinated.

Sorry but United have a brilliant background team thanks to Fergie and I'm more than confident that this will have little-to-no affect on our title chances.

Really nice to see FA having some balls to punish United. Ferguson is not acting like his age. He should not do these kind of things. I would expect that an 69-year old experienced man like SAF would have more respect for the match officials.

He deserves all he gets.. been doing it for years and got nothing so finally common sense has prevailed

Does it matter? We'll still win the Premier League, might upset our FA Cup chances a little, but let's be fair, since when have United ever really cared about the FA Cup (2009 semi-final against Everton anyone?). As for the CL, we already knew it was a lost cause the minute Messi was still not assassinated.

Sorry but United have a brilliant background team thanks to Fergie and I'm more than confident that this will have little-to-no affect on our title chances.

I think they do care about the FA Cup tbh. Its more important trophy to Man Utd than the Carling Cup. Competition is steeped in history, so to disregard it is not important is a bit non-sensical.

He deserves all he gets.. been doing it for years and got nothing so finally common sense has prevailed
you mean, apart from the previous bans and fines hes had....

SAF missing Arsenal game depends on when the newcastle game will be rescheduled rite. Read it might be rescheduled to 19/20 Arpil in which case SAF will be available for Arsenal game.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Yes he deserves all he gets. 11 Premier league titles he really deserves them. Worked his socks off.

lol in what way was it lenient? it was the rules.

I know, im saying they could of giving him more if they wanted too because he has been introuble for it a few times before, and you usually get an increased ban for repeated offenses.. I think 5 games is more than fair.

I know, im saying they could of giving him more if they wanted too because he has been introuble for it a few times before, and you usually get an increased ban for repeated offenses.. I think 5 games is more than fair.
he did get an increased ban becuase of it. he would have got a match ban if he admitted guilt. instead he fought it, lost and got a 2 match ban, 1 extra fr a frivolous appeal, and 2 more unsuspended from previous behaviour

Not sure if they still are allowed to but would SAF be allowed to speak to Phelan or Rene M on the phone during the match?

As far as I'm lead to believe in scotland anyway due to Lennon being banned they were talking about it for the cup final and they said, A banned manager is allowed to speak to the players up until 1 hour before kick off, He can communicate via phone during the game and is allowed into the changing room at half time, The last one I doubt would be true though because that would basically defeat the purpose of the ban.. however i'm sure he could phone and go on loud speaker if need be.

Unsure if it was all true or different in england but thats what im lead to believe anyway.

As far as I'm lead to believe in scotland anyway due to Lennon being banned they were talking about it for the cup final and they said, A banned manager is allowed to speak to the players up until 1 hour before kick off, He can communicate via phone during the game and is allowed into the changing room at half time, The last one I doubt would be true though because that would basically defeat the purpose of the ban.. however i'm sure he could phone and go on loud speaker if need be.

Unsure if it was all true or different in england but thats what im lead to believe anyway.

Imagine the phone bill, he has already paid a 30k fine ;)

Lol well he can just give up his house or something if he can't afford it the poor old chap. :O

Sure Giggsy and Scholes have enough experience anyway to help out.

Considering he already had a suspended ban then its proberly a fair ban. Although i expect him to appeal and it will probery be reduced to a 3match ban with another coupld suspended.

Why would it defeat the purpose? It's a touchline ban. Not a 'not allowed to speak to your players ban.'

Is he allowed in the dressing room?

I'm sure he is up until 1 hour before kick off, Not sure about the half time one though as I said mate, And it could differ between Scotland and England depends on the rules someone would need to clear it up.

Really yes its a touchline ban, but is Sir Alex that big of a tactician spur of the moment from the touchline... the majority of his talking and outlay to his players occurs in the dressing room, and even before that!

This will be a minor inconvenience to a United that has players such as Giggs and Scholes to keep things in check on the field, Phelan on the touchline who will know every in and out of the tactics and game plan that will be instigated, and phone contact to his assistant...

an hour before Kick off, and at Half time i think.

Fairly retarded if he's allowed in at HT...

People need to grow up as well. He's not going to win this - there's no point saying "He'll probably appeal and it will get reduced".

People need to grow up as well. He's not going to win this - there's no point saying "He'll probably appeal and it will get reduced".

thats not people needing to grow up Joss, It is there opinion, Hardly showing an lack of maturity which would mean needing to grow up. Naive to think that maybe, but not a need to grow up.

Grow up? For posting their opinion?

I dont think anyone said the same to you when you posted so many stats to say You have a chance to beat barca.