Sir Alex Ferguson hit with five-match touchline ban by FA

Can't argue with the ban and fine, although i believe its harsh but you just can not comment about referees these days. now however the FA have done this, i expect to see the likes of Tony Pullis comments he has made during 3 games this season chraged, Avram Grants rant at the weekend to be reviewed but i doubt they will.

Like people have already said though, SAF can still be in the dressing room before/half time/full time to influrence the team, we should be ok.

If he is not allowed in at half time he could always do a Mourinho and hide in a laundry basket.

he did get an increased ban becuase of it. he would have got a match ban if he admitted guilt. instead he fought it, lost and got a 2 match ban, 1 extra fr a frivolous appeal, and 2 more unsuspended from previous behaviour

That is exactly what i said in my first post! But they could of chosen to give him more if they wanted too.

Last time he got a 2 match + 2 suspended. this time he got 2 match ban + 1 for the appeal, and the two already suspended.

I may be mistaken but i think they could of given him more this time(like they have increased the fine each time), like the SFA gave to lennon for repeat offense.

I am not saying he should of had more, just saying he probably could have.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was given a 12-game ban from the dugout for pushing a fourth official in 2000 but that was reduced to one game on appeal.

Joss, Can you see the difference..

That is exactly what i said in my first post! But they could of chosen to give him more if they wanted too.

Last time he got a 2 match + 2 suspended. this time he got 2 match ban + 1 for the appeal, and the two already suspended.

I may be mistaken but i think they could of given him more this time(like they have increased the fine each time), like the SFA gave to lennon for repeat offense.

thats the whole point of teh suspended ban though, that is the extra punishment for a repeat offence, thats exactly what happened to lennon. he already had a two game suspended ban

He deserves it, and normally i'd be glad he's got the fine/ban, but he's in the stands for the semi against City? More advantage for city, so it's a bad thing.

Not going to turn it into a Lennon debate but both circumstances are different, Lennons ban got doubled just like SAF, Pretty sure thats how it worked, He got a 2 match ban intially but it was doubled due to repeat offences, Ferguson got a 1 match ban which was doubled for repeat offences then add ons for othe incidents..

Can't argue with the ban and fine, although i believe its harsh but you just can not comment about referees these days. now however the FA have done this, i expect to see the likes of Tony Pullis comments he has made during 3 games this season chraged, Avram Grants rant at the weekend to be reviewed but i doubt they will.

Like people have already said though, SAF can still be in the dressing room before/half time/full time to influrence the team, we should be ok.

You can't publicly question their integrity.

He deserves it, and normally i'd be glad he's got the fine/ban, but he's in the stands for the semi against City? More advantage for city, so it's a bad thing.

I don't see how its moe advantage really tbh mate, If you think about it what does SAF do during a game, He sits in the dugout an donly real time hes out is when hes complaining to the fourth official. Thats what an Assistant manager is their for he does the managers dirty work the shouting etc, So really nothing changes IMO.

I think the idea of touchline bans is silly. I'd prefer to see the managers not allowed into the ground, and stop them having any communication with the players from a few hours before the match until after the game has finished.

In the current situation it hardly makes a difference if they're in the stands and can communicate by phone.

I think the idea of touchline bans is silly. I'd prefer to see the managers not allowed into the ground, and stop them having any communication with the players from a few hours before the match until after the game has finished.

In the current situation it hardly makes a difference if they're in the stands and can communicate by phone.

Yer i totally agree with that, it should be a stadium ban not just a touchline ban.

You can't publicly question their integrity.

hense the reason why I said I can't argue with why he has got banned and fined but now I would like to see other managers punished for simular offences.

think he deserves it, but tbh its Alex Ferguson and he doesn't tend to care whos banning him and how much the fine is. He was out of order with stating the ref was bias, but at least he shows a passion for the game and wants his team to win. Sometimes he just needs to shut it though;)

Yer i totally agree with that, it should be a stadium ban not just a touchline ban.

Even then Manager can communicate with Asst Manager. He can watch the live feed and talk to his asst.

XD Lol missing the most inportant part of the season?

But its easy to stop the men on the bench using their phone etc.

You are talking about impossible scenario. Apart from manager, there are so many coaching staffs. So Asst Manager can contact any of his coaching staff. FA has no right to deny Asst Manager using phone then.

Even then Manager can communicate with Asst Manager. He can watch the live feed and talk to his asst.

I don't think they should be allowed to communicate with anyone involved in the game.

Otherwise there's no real disadvantage of a touchline ban.

Avram Grant's interview after FA cup

"Until they scored the goal, he gave fouls and penalties, everything for them.
It was a penalty for us at the end and he didn’t give it. Maybe he felt a little bit weak,”

How this didn't make a news is beyond me.