The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

Great update. Ive just finished my kits for the new season so I'll now make your and PM them to you. I'll also have a Press conferance update for my new kits :)

Great update. Ive just finished my kits for the new season so I'll now make your and PM them to you. I'll also have a Press conferance update for my new kits :)

Oooo I'm so excited for my new kits, just here sitting in math doing nothing :D :p

Newcastle players present new kits!

View attachment 107462 View attachment 107463 View attachment 107464
From left to right; Jonas in the home kit, Ben Arfa in the away, Nolan in the 3rd

BBCsport today earned the exclusive rights to present Newcastle United's kits for the 2009/2010 campaign. They have decided not to remain with Puma, and have returned to Adidas. They also secured the sponsorship of Russian company Gazprom, who extract natural gas.

Speaking at the prsentation manager Todd proudly announced he was delighted with this years kits and couldn't wait for his team to pull on the jerseys. Jonas went on to add that he too also liked kits for this year, but joked he was happy to move away from Newcastle's away shirt of last year.

Both Adidas and Gazprom have signed 2 year deals with the Magpies. Adidas have penned a deal worth £15million for Newcastle, a deal in which Mike Ashley said would be very good for the club. Gazprom however pushed the boat out even further as they penned a deal worth £18million. Raking in over £30million, it appears that Newcastle's finances may have been improved. This though won't clear their huge £96million debt.

The kits can be bought on NUFC.co.uk or you can find them at prodirectsoccer.com. If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

View attachment 107465 View attachment 107466 View attachment 107467

- - -

Footnote - I'm not really fussed if people like and wish to use my kits, but if they are for a story or such please don't try and take credit etc for them. Just simply quote their mine. Gracias :wub:

extra feature????

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

1st August 2009​

Jeez, these tactics are hard to get right, I was thinking of a simple 4-4-2, but with Gago and Ben Arfa here I'm leaning towards a 4-4-2 Diamond, with Gosling and Jonas on the wings. Right Mid is not Dan's most natural position, but with some training, I think he can become a world class winger. Jonas on the other hand is at home on the wing, even though he plays for Argentina at Right Back, his favourite position is out on the left, but I will be playing him deeper than usual. With Ochoa coming in, I am allowing our fullbacks, Jose Enrique and Danny Simpson, to push up a lot more because I have a lot of faith in Ochoa. Campbell and Coloccini are our two Centerhalves, and they will both be sitting back a bit to hold the goal. Gago will push forward at times, but his main job is to play the ball out of defence. Ben Arfa will provide the spark of the time, bringing the ball from deep/ish and taking it up to the strikers, or playing balls wide for our wingers. We will look to get a lot of crosses onto the head of Carrol, and Lovenkrands will sweep up all the easy goals and opportunities.

On our bench we have Harper, nothing much to say. Our defensive subs are James Perch, who can push into the midfield aswell, and Tamas Kadar who can play on the left and in the center. Cheick Tiote will cover Gago, and Routledge will cover our wide positions. Nolan will also be there as backup to Ben Arfa. Nile Ranger will be backup to our strikers, and then there is an extra spot that will rotate to what I think is needed.

We will play a balanced style against most teams, but against good teams we will go on the counter, and if were desperate Gago will push up into an attacking type role, and Jonas and Gosling will play as wingers. I am looking for a right and left midfielder backup, but I am just stumped for ideas, I am looking at Kalou, but I just don't think he's available at the moment, maybe next year.

Oh well, I need to figure this out, so I'm off to the training ground for another session, another thing I'm looking at buying is some young South Americans, but I will talk about that another time.​

Last edited:
Keep it up guys, it is great so far!

Thanks man :)

I should have my next updates tomorrow, just about to go to bed :p

My next update will probably be soon once I re-do your kit and a couple of requests on the sig page (H)

BBCsport review Newcastle's start to life in the Premier League once again!

View attachment 107491 View attachment 107492
Jonas and Carrol have been on song for The Magpies thus far

As many fans waited to base their judgement on the new manager to the start of the season, they were certainly not let down. Todd has started remarkably well, winning all 5 of his first 5 games. It was in the last game against Bolton on the 29th of August that the fans even began to chant;

'Chris who?'

Despite many being very warey before the 'big' kick-off, The Scotsman has so far proven his doubters wrong. He kicked things off with an away win at Bloomfield Road against Blackpool. It was French winger Hatem Ben Arfa who netted, after cutting in from the RW and smashing home after entering the 18 yard box. Todd looked elated on the touchline as he seen this go in. Although this was how it ended, and in all fairness, it was a very poor game for the spectators. After a thrilling 9-0 victory in their final friendly game, I think many would have expected more from Newcastle.

But, in their 1st game of the season played at St.James' Park, they dazzled their fans with a 4-1 victory over Roberto Matinez' Wigan side. It was also Andy Carroll who left with the match ball after he earned himself the 'perfect' hat-trick, netting with his left and right foot followed by a smashing header near the end of the game. The other goal was a dismal O.G via Gary Caldwell. Mario Boselli had equalised at one stage for Wigan, but his was merely a consolation based on the final result. 51,000 delighted Gerordie's parted from the ground after the game.

And things didn't stop their for the Magpies. The travelled to the Hawthorns after a good result only to achieve the same score, 4-1. It was Argentine winger Jonas who shinned as he netted a cool brace and also assisted Artem Milevskyi for his 1st goal for the club. It was captain Kevin Nolan who completed the rout by getting his name on the scoresheet too. Marc Antonie Fortune had opened the scoring on 4 minutes, but WBA found themselves on the backfoot for most of the game. Cheik Tiote was sent off after picking up his 2nd yellow of the game.

Newcastle then welcomed Southend in the 2nd round of the League Cup. In stunning fashion, they again netted 4. It was that man Jonas again, as he teared up the wing, netting another brace. It was Joey Barton and Andy Carroll who also earned themselves a rightful place on the scoresheet. Todd stated in the post-match interview that the change in bad-boy Joey Barton's approuch to life itself was great to see as itappears he had finally decided to get his head down and work. Newcastle fans were also treated to their first 'Spiderman' appearance of the season as Jonas whipped out his mask following his 2nd goal.

Both WBA and Southend couldn't cope with Jonas(above)

In the final game of the month Newcaslte found themselves at home to Bolton Wanderers. An improved side some say with the appointment of Owen Coyle, formerly the architect of Burnley's promotion to the 'Big Time'. But the signs weren't there for Coyle's side as they slumped to a 3-1 defeat at St.James' Park. It was Andy Carroll's turn to net the brace this time as he slotted home a penalty and a well placed finish inside the 6 yard box. Jonas once again found himself in the right area as he picked the ball up on the LW, cut inside and smashed home from 25 yards out. His efforts seen him earn goal of the month for this strike against Bolton, runner up for Player of the Month as well as being in the team of the week 2 weeks in a row. Todd also came runner up in manager of the month, only to SAF of Manchester United.

This concludes Newcastle's August review. With 4 wins out of 4 in the F.A Premier League, the find themselves top whilst also netting 13 goals. They made it into the 3rd round of the League Cup and face an away trip to Championship side Doncaster.

If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

:wub:

Brilliant update. I love your style of writing. :)

Appreciate the comments lads. :wub:

Stuck between waiting for strikerv9dutch to post his August or posting my September before he does that :mad:

I'm near the end of October anyway just to let you guys know.

Is there anyone you recommend for me to sign on mine mate ?

Btw already bid for Neymar ;)

Jeez you got an easy start, :S, I'm just waitin for my kits then I'll write a few updates, I'm in mid-September atm

I'm having some Internet trouble on the pc mate, on my phone just now typing this. So maybe do you update and I'll have your kits for tomorrow when I have a look at what's wrong.