The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

I'm having some Internet trouble on the pc mate, on my phone just now typing this. So maybe do you update and I'll have your kits for tomorrow when I have a look at what's wrong.

No probs, was writing it up anyway just in case :p

bbc20sports.png

John Beresford's first month in managing, August, has been up and down. With games against Wolves, Leeds and Fulham looking like possible wins, but the two tough games against Man United and Liverpool. Beresford was quoted as saying:

"To get 5 games like this on our return to the Premier League just kills us, we were hoping for a few easy games, and a few medium tough games to get going, but now we have to play Man U and Liverpool, it just hurts."

With the month ahead, what could have happened? Well this did, 3 wins and 2 losses, and you can guess which they lost.

The opening game of the season, Premier League Football back at St.James' Park, and Newcastle celebrated the occasion with an entertaining 2-1 against Wolves. Before any goals, Gago went down in the 11th minute after a poor Wolves challenge, and he had to go off, a bad start to his career at Newcastle. Routledge put the Toon ahead in the 15th minute, after some nice work from Lovenkrands, whose shot was parried to Routledge to tap in. Carroll got our second after a lovely Tiote through ball, and Carroll just smashed it into the roof of the net, before running away in joy. Wolves made it 2-1 in the 60th minute after some sloppy play from Coloccini, but it was only a consolation.

Newcastle then lost 3-1 away to Liverpool, and after to early 'Pool goals, they were back in the game through Andy Carrol, but it was Liverpool who took home the three points as Dirk Kuyt scored, in Beresford's opinion, a wrongly given penalty, to make it 3-1 for Liverpool. Not a bad game for our first away game, just expected better defending, especially from Coloccini who got a rating of 3.3. Guillermo Ochoa's bizarre own goal did nothing to deter his 8.2 rating as he played amazingly to keep it from a larger scoreline. Andy Carroll and Wayne Routledge picked up some injuries in the game.

Another big match for Newcastle, at home to Man U, and it turned out as a 3-2 win for Man U, but a better display from Beresford's boys. Ranger, in for Carroll, put Newcastle ahead in the 11th minute, and things looked bright. But Vidic and Rooney brought Newcastle down with 2 goals in the 3 minutes before halftime. Nolan evened up the game in the 63rd minute with some lovely play getting in behind the Man U defence. Ryan Giggs broke the hearts of Newcastle supporters in the 69th minute, and sent Man U home with the 3 points.

An easier League Cup game next for Newcastle, an away game to Leeds, and Newcastle were through with a 2-0 win. Lovenkrands opened the scoring in the 12th minute, and it was made 2 after a funny blooper from Kisnorbo and Schmeichel, Kisnorbo headed it back to Schmeichel, but he wrong footed the keeper and it went into the net. Another injury for Beresford to worry about as Jonas went down in the last minute, and looked out for a little while. Lovenkrands also picked up an injury in this match.

To end the month, a tough away trip to Fulham, and it was made tougher as injuries to Routledge, Gosling, Simpson, Carroll, Lovenkrands, Jonas and Gago made the Newcastle side look a little makeshift. Nonetheless they came away with the win after a Nile Ranger goal in the 56th minute. A counter-attacking game from the Toon, and they did it well, not conceding was the key, and with Ochoa in goals, we can be confident. Ochoa stood out today, picking up the MOM award.

A solid month from Beresford's boys sees them sitting 5th in the table, through to the 3rd round of the League Cup, and although there are a lot of injuries, they are coming together as a team.

View attachment 107571

Last minute wheeling and dealing from Beresford saw Smith leave to Reading for a fee of £2.5mil, while Spanish starlet Luisma came to St.James' Park for £2mil. Another transfer, confirmed right after the transfer, was the free transfer of Robert Pires, but the Premier League Registration window had closed, so he will have to wait till January.

View attachment 107568

The man of the month award went to Guillermo Ochoa. An award presented by Beresford at the training ground at the end of each month. Ochoa picked up the award this month after single handidly keeping his side in many matches.
View attachment 107569

Last edited:
Great update. Very tricky start though, I must admit I have been slightly fortunate in comparison to you. Not very aware of your signing, and quite shocked you sold Smith, I made him my vice captain :O haha!

Great update. Very tricky start though, I must admit I have been slightly fortunate in comparison to you. Not very aware of your signing, and quite shocked you sold Smith, I made him my vice captain :O haha!

Yeah thanks. I know, I shat myself when I went through the fixtures. Check him out, he looks pretty good, he's 20, and him and Gosling are rotating, but when Pires is allowed to play. he'll jump ahead of them. Well Smith can only play CM can't he? and I don't play with CM's so I didn't need him...

Aahh fair enough. He used to be a striker at Leeds and man utd so you could probably retrain him to there or AMC. I'll have a look at your new signing, I too have recently signed a young spainard, though I cannot mention his name at this time 8-|

Yeah, I just though 2.5mil was a good amount for him, but meh, its happened :p. Yeah he's pretty decent, not amazing stats, but has good potential me thinks :p Ooooo, looking forward to him, some suspense :p

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle Reveal Home and Away Kits for 09/10 Season

Home
newcastle_home.png

Away
newcastle_away.png

The home is the classic black and white stripes, it looks like it will never change, but the fans seem to like them. The away is a retro red strip, going back to Newcastle's first ever kit, also an old logo is included to give a real old-style feel to the kit. Newcastle have changed to Umbro in a 2 year deal where Umbro will manufacture the shirts. They have also changed to GE Money as their sponsor, with GE Money looking to invest quite a bit of money into Newcastle, paying top dollar to be on the shirts. It looks as though Newcastle have asked well known design company, Toddzy Creations, to design their kits this year, and Toddzy Creations should be delighted with their designs as they are amazing. Still waiting on the third kit, which is rumoured to be a bright pink or blue, but you never know.

Nice update man good signings and ochoa lets in goals but always has great ratings hes a hero

thanks for the kind words :) And I just love him, in real life and FM, my idol :p

bbc20sports.png

Breakthrough Youth - Tamas Kadar

Every now and then, we at BBCSports like to bring you an update on players coming through the ranks in the Premier League. One player that has caught our eye this time is 19yr old centerhalve, Tamas Kadar. The Hungarian is in his third year at Newcastle United, and now, new manager John Beresford, is giving Kadar opportunities for first team football. Beresford must have seen something in training or something, because all of a sudden, Tamas is getting regular Premier League time. He has been promoted above Sol Campbell in the pecking order, and has the looks of a future captain. 6 games so far this season, and in each he has given Beresford good performances and proving his gamble has paid off. An average rating of 6.88 for the youngster from us here at BBCSports, but if you exclude his first game that could be bumped up to a 7.20.

View attachment 107573
119482.jpg

This story is actually superb.

Keep it up guys! :)

This story is actually superb.

Keep it up guys! :)

Thanks man, nice to get followers after my last story had like none :S But yeah thanks, I might have another update, but I'm not sure :S

bbc20sports.png

Scrumptious Football in September

John Beresford's second month as Newcastle manager has been a crazy one, with 4 games providing exciting football, lots of goals, and lots of fun for the Newcastle supporters.

The month started with a solid win against rivals Sunderland in the Tyne-Wear Derby. The atmosphere at St.James' Park was amazing, the fans really got into it, out to beat their biggest rivals. Mahamadou Diarra was left red faced after 39 minutes as he sent the ball past his own goal after an Andy Carroll header. Kevin Nolan picked up an injury with 15 minutes left, but it didn't change the shape of the game. Jonas made sure of the 3 points with 6 minutes left on the clock, smashing the ball into the roof of the net after a quick free kick from Tiote. Newcastle left the stadium with smiles on their faces after a convincing 2-0 win.

Newcastle travelled to the Brittania Stadium next to face Stoke, a match fans wouldn't forget for a long time. Stoke opened the scoring in the 14th minute, only for Andy Carroll to pull it back to 1-1. Stoke again took the lead on the half hour, and yet again Carroll equalized, 2-2. Stoke put one more in the Newcastle net before halftime, and Newcastle went to the lockers 3-2 down. Stoke made it 4-2, 15 minutes into the half. In the 69th minute Newcastle won a penalty, but Lovenkrands was denied by Sorensen. Newcastle pulled it back to 4-3 with 15 minutes left, through, you guessed it, Andy Carroll, with a lovely run and finish to complete his hattrick. It was not the end of the action as Newcastle pushed forward in the remaining minute, but failed to draw the game, going home 4-3 losers.

Next up for Beresford's boys was a League Cup 3rd round match against Leicester. Newcastle won the game 2-0, but it was in extra time after Leicester held out for the first 90 minutes. We had to wait for 105 minutes for Tiote to take the lead, and from there Newcastle ran riot, with Jonas making it 2-0, 5 minutes later. Lovenkrands missed yet another penalty with 7 minutes left, and many will be left wondering if Beresford will let him continue taking penalties.

The month ended for Newcastle with a surprisingly comfortable 3-0 win away at Birmingham. The match started badly with Ryan Taylor being sent off in the 10th minute, (was appealed and overturned later), and Birmingham looked to capitalise, but nothing happened. A minute into the second half, Andy Carroll gave Newcastle a shock lead placing it into the bottom right hand corner. Jonas made it 2-0 with 25 minutes left after a beautiful run, beating three players before chipping the keeper. With 10 minutes left Newcastle got their third penalty in three matches, and Lovenkrands did step up to take, this time converting the opportunity to make it 3 goals for 3 points.

Well an exciting month, 6 points in the Premier League, through to the next round of the Carling Cup and a **** of a lot of anticipation around the Toon. Sitting in 4th, two months after being promoted, and an air of confidence is around St.James' Park, but can Beresford and Newcastle keep it up?

View attachment 107581

Beresford chose Andy Carroll for the Man of the Month award, after 4 goals in 4 matches. It also saw him take out runner-up in the Barclays Premier League Player and Young Player of the Month. Great performance from the 20 year old.

View attachment 107582

Great month mate. :)

Looks like Carroll and Tiote are doing well for you.

How do you play Tiote?

Thanks.

Thanks man

Yeah Carroll is unstoppable at the moment.

I rotate Tiote with Gago in a Deep Lying Playmaker role with the Support Duty, but when I go up against big teams, I consider changing it to an Anchor Man role with the Defend Duty.

Thanks man

Yeah Carroll is unstoppable at the moment.

I rotate Tiote with Gago in a Deep Lying Playmaker role with the Support Duty, but when I go up against big teams, I consider changing it to an Anchor Man role with the Defend Duty.

Thanks mate. Very interesting to know. :)

Once again, keep up the top work. ^^)

Like the updates and Toddzy your kits are great, all round the story looks really good. Keep up the hard work

After your update, I admit, I am now pretty worried. It appears the Aussie has taken the upper hand in the battle, ****. Need to have a play around on the PC today, try and update for you guys.

Oh **** no! I got an easy run of games. Just about to go for a 4 match gauntlet - Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Chelsea, gotta hate it :(

Great story so far lads and dont worry about your starts you will pick up consistency soon.

I am going to start a new Crystal Palace game now lol :)

Great story so far lads and dont worry about your starts you will pick up consistency soon.

I am going to start a new Crystal Palace game now lol :)

I won 5 out of 5 games I made a great start :S haha!