The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

And I'm in fourth so... :p

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Ok I'm off to bed, so no more updates from me for a good 12 hours or so :S I'm starting holidays, so I should progress quickly through the months now :)

i kind of ment in reference to the teams you got and the defeat against stoke it was heavy =/

MOTD FTW :)

Cant wait for update :)

Toddz got any ideas on a team i can manage ? just want a team thats fun and can get my teeth into

Newcastle confirm arrival of Spainish defender!

New boy Alvaro Dominguez

Newcastle have today confirmed the signing of At.Madrid central defender Alvaro Dominguez. The deal is said to be worth in the region of £1.2million, with Todd adding he has no more money to spend this season.

Todd revealed to the press it hit him that a young central defender was needed when he began to watch Sol Campbell during training. The former England international recently rejected a move the Celtic park to play for Neil Lennon's new look side to play at St.James' Park. But the manager understood that Campbell isn't going to last forever and some fresh blood was needed.

Alvaro Dominguez, 18, had been p on the transfer list by request. Following the sale of friend Raul Garcia to Osasuna, the young defender found himself dissoluned with life under Quique Sanchez Flores at the Vicente Calderón. With Dominguez looking for a new club, Todd looking for a young center half on the cheap, it appeared the perfect set-up. And it was.

After travelling to Newcastle and observing the facilities The 'Toon' have in place it left a lasting impression on the Spainard. After successfully passing a medical he put pen to paper on a 5 year deal and will arrive on the 1st of January to begin his £8,750 a week contract.

But Newcastle fans don't bite the manager's head of just yet. Even at the age of 18, Quique Sanchez Flores played the defender for most of the previous season, including a UEFA Champions League tie against Chelsea.

Good business, or just a player to waste the remaining cash?
If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Very good signing there mate, I was looking for a young centre back, but Kadar is doing the job for me so I don't need one, just looking round for some general cover at the back now :) But that is a great signing, should be brilliant for you :)

Guys i found a CM who is only 16 dont know how he turns out but Sergi is good for me in league 1 might turn out premier league standard but not sure anyway good signing and do you guys use gutherie or he in your reserves like the PC leave it?

MOTD FTW :)

Cant wait for update :)

Toddz got any ideas on a team i can manage ? just want a team thats fun and can get my teeth into

Try Blackburn, or Sunderland.

Very good signing there mate, I was looking for a young centre back, but Kadar is doing the job for me so I don't need one, just looking round for some general cover at the back now :) But that is a great signing, should be brilliant for you :)

I'm hoping so mate. He looks good and I have been impressed by him IRL. So at £1.2million, I'm thinking bargain. Aaah see I rotate Kadar at LB, so he's played like twice. Maybe I'm making a mistake not playing him, a loan seems on the card if I'm honest.

I'm hoping so mate. He looks good and I have been impressed by him IRL. So at £1.2million, I'm thinking bargain. Aaah see I rotate Kadar at LB, so he's played like twice. Maybe I'm making a mistake not playing him, a loan seems on the card if I'm honest.

Yeah he should be one of the best Centre Backs in the EPL in the future for you, definite bargain. Haha, well yeah, I played him twice to cover Sol Campbell, who is fat and unfit, so can only play like 20 minutes :S, but yeah I was impressed, and with Coloccini and Campbell having a **** start, Kadar just came in and looked immense, never looked back :)

-----------------------

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle finally reveal Third Kit

With growing doubts about whether Newcastle would have a third kit this season, one has finally been revealed by manager John Beresford. Beresford was claiming that he just wanted to get the designs right, but many are claiming that it is a potential money scam as a late release will cause Newcastle fans to buy more than just one kit. Us here at BBCSports love the kits, a bright yellow colour, with some black added in to keep in the traditions. GE Money appear on this one as well, and Umbro are still the sponsors. Toddzy Creations have come up with a gem yet again, that company has a lot to be proud of, cracking work.

newcastle_third.png

If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed, my computer was being idiotic, but I fixed straight away ;)

I didn't like that at first but I am slowly warming towards that kit. September soon :wub:

It's brilliant mate, :wub: at first sight ;) Haha yay :D love your updates :)

EDIT: Just done some changing in my first Transfer Update, feel free to go back and check the changes ;) hint - it's the tops :)

EDIT2: Just finished November, so October update should be soon :)

Last edited:

BBCsport review the Magpies September!

That sinking feeling...again?

As September rolled in, and the buzz of August died down, nobody was more up-beat and confident than Newcastle United. 5 wins from 5, they were on top of the world, and the league. But as many fans watched on in disbelief this month pundits and fans a-like questioned what had happened to Newcastle.

It kicked off with what was a highly anticipated game against West Ham. Following the International break many would have been riled up for the game at St.James' Park. The 'hunger' though was vacant as was any sort of challenge from Newcastle. Todd watched on from the dug-out as his side lost 4-1 at home to The Hammers. Carlton Cole opened the scoring before half-time then doubling his tally to earn himself a nice taken brace. Former Magpie Scott Parker had a wild reception from the fans, but when he found himself on the scoresheet he refused to celebrate, which was a huge sign of respect to the Newcastle fans which led them to cheer when he received the ball. Valon Behrami made things worse for Newcastle by making it 4-0. Skipper Kevin Nolan got a goal, but it was to no avail on a poor performance from Todd's side.

But with the West Ham result firmly behind them, Newcastle took to St.Andrews in a tough away game against Alex McLeish's Birmingham side. Oh dear. Newcastle were again defeated, this time 3-0. Sebastian Larrson, Scott Dann and Cameron Jerome completed the 2nd half rout. Danny Guthrie revealed to the press Todd went crazy at full time, has his message got through to his players?

It would appear so as Newcaslte won their next game 3-2 against Championship side Doncaster Rovers in the Carling Cup. It was Andy Carroll who got himself on the scoresheet twice with another penalty and a well timed run to beat the offside trap to finish with a goal. Jonas also got on the scoresheet whilst Newcastle fans watched as Cheik Tiote recieved his 2nd red card of the season already.

Carroll (above) has been a hit so far, keeping Milevskyi out the side

In the final game of the month Newcaslte welcomed Manchester City to St.James' Park. The game ended in a bore draw, 0-0. With not much from either side, its hard to actually comment on anything significant.

In other news though Shola Ameobi has joined Championship side Crystal Palace on loan for 3 months as they try to fight back from their -10 point deduction.

Do you want to have your views heard on this months results? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Unlucky mate, you will bounce back, im sure :) How are you playing Tiote, 2nd red card isn't good. At least you got a draw at Man City :)

Always as an anchor man to allow the 2 centre mids to bomb forward. His yellow ratio isn't to hot either.

Oh ok, jeez that's not that good, I just play him and Gago as Deep Lying Playmakers, they get forward, but my fullbacks sit a bit deeper, and it keeps them out of trouble. Tiote's got 6 yellows, no reds, Gago's got 4 yellows, 1 red, but you're always bound to get cards with DM's :S

bbc20sports.png

Magpies Soar then Crash in October

Beresford's third month with Newcastle, and a month to be remember, matches against Arsenal and Liverpool proved for a tough month, and perhaps the Magpies would finally crash after their great start to the season, it was all up to Beresford and his boys.

The month started with a game at St.James' Park against struggling Blackburn, who sit in 15th. Carroll got the scoring underway with a header in the 22nd minute, he is hammering the goals away for Beresford at the moment. Jonas made sure of the result 5 minutes into the second half, and the Newcastle fans started a chant: "King Beresford, come to save the Toon", Beresford just smiled sheepishly, you could tell he was flattered. Nothing much happened for the rest of the match, and Newcastle fans celebrated the 3 points.

Another match at St.James' Park, but much tougher opponents, Arsenal, who are sitting just behind the leaders. Arsenal pounded the Newcastle defence, with shots from everywhere, but Newcastle could just not be cracked. Eventually it looked like Arsenal would take the lead, as Nasri cut in from the left, shot towards the top corner, but Ochoa rescued the day, there are two "Spidermen" at the Toon now. Newcastle were very lucky, some brilliant keeping by Ochoa, and some complacency from the Arsenal forwards gave the Magpies a point.

guillermoochoapavelp_242188.jpg

Ochoa looks to be the "Signing of the Season"

Newcastle then travelled to The Hawthorns for a tense battle with newly promoted West Brom, a match that turned into a goalfest, especially from one player. Lovenkrands opened the scoring in the 6th minute with an easy tap in after some nice work from Ben Arfa. Lovenkrands doubled his and Newcastle's lead 4 minutes later with a screamer from the edge of the box, Carson had no chance. Fortune pulled one back before halftime for the West Brom, but it was Lovenkrands show so far. Lovenkrands completed his hattrick two minutes after the break, with a good run past two defenders, before cooly placing the ball in the bottom corner. Another goal for the Magpies came in the 66th minute, and it was that man, Lovenkrands who scored his 4th for the day, to make it 4-1 for Newcastle, he was on fire, but football's a harsh game, and ten minutes later he had to come off with an injury that would leave him out for 2-3 weeks, 4 goals and an injury for the Dane. West Brom scored a consolation in the last minute, and the final score was 4-2.

lovenkrands_13_280_1100993a.jpg

On form, but injured - Lovenkrands

The month was not over as an away trip to Liverpool in the League Cup 4th Round was to be played, and it was a night to forget for all Toon fans. Konchesky and Torres made it 2-0 in the first 15 minutes, and it was downhill from there for Newcastle. A Jose Enrique own goal made it 3-0 before halftime, and the Magpies went into halftime with their heads down. Stevie G completed the rout with 6 minutes left, and Liverpool were through to the 5th round with a 4-0 win.

A good month for Beresford's boys, but a terrible game at the end leaves them going into a tough run of games with their heads down. Everton, Man City and Chelsea are due next month for Newcastle, and then a game against West Ham to finish, can Newcastle continue their run, or will they crash and burn?

View attachment 107693

Beresford's Man of the Month award went to Jonas who had a consistent month, it almost went to Lovenkrands for his fantastic four goal haul at the Hawthorns, but Jonas' consistency got him the award

View attachment 107692

Tell us how you think Newcastle went, have your say. If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Last edited:
Just saw and read this and it's simply terrific! KIU guys! :D