I will build a new testing database tomorrow using this new 120 game nations format.

I will create a new test team consisting of identical players for all positions similar to TFF's

I will then select the 15 strongest nations to play against but I may create some super nations such as an african all-stars team etc.

Feel free to suggest any other idea's.

I think it is much better to use a freezer tool, we want to test the tactic itself and not our team's or the opponent's form. One unlucky lose could cause the team a chain of consecutive losses. Every match should be a new match without any advantage brought from previous matches.

I never tested tactics with 'Simulate match' option, only actually playing the matches. Yesterday I've created a new one - actually tweaked Chieftain - and got 92 pts with this Test League, which is a good result, won it easily. Then started again with exactly the same everything and abandoned the test after 15 games, since we managed to win only 3 games. We were not just beaten, we were dominated. Altough this league and everything is setup perfectly, I am more than unsure whether it is a good testing method. There shouldn't be that much difference between the same tests.

SI staff Lucas Weatherby if I am not mistaken already confirmed in their forum long ago that instant result/simulate match has no difference from playing the match itself. What could alter the result is changes made inside the match includes substitutions, team or player instructions changes and etc.

TFF, do you work out your recommended attributes from this testing system?

I have decided the 15 nations the test team will compete against in the new 120 game format will be:

1. Argentina
2. Brazil
3. France
4. Germany
5. Italy
6. Spain
7. Portugal
8. British Isles (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and N.Ireland)
9. Benelux (Belgium and Holland)
10. Africa (All African nations)
11. Rest of the World (Mexico, USA, Japan and South Korea)
12. South America (All South American nations except Argentina and Brazil)
13. Yugoslavia
14. Soviet Union
15. Europe (Any remaining European nations).

I have decided the 15 nations the test team will compete against in the new 120 game format will be:

1. Argentina
2. Brazil
3. France
4. Germany
5. Italy
6. Spain
7. Portugal
8. British Isles (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and N.Ireland)
9. Benelux (Belgium and Holland)
10. Africa (All African nations)
11. Rest of the World (Mexico, USA, Japan and South Korea)
12. South America (All South American nations except Argentina and Brazil)
13. Yugoslavia
14. Soviet Union
15. Europe (Any remaining European nations).

Waiting for tactic testing database :)

Will, have you noticed that TFF assigned the best world referees to the testing league... How did he do that?

ref.png

Very nice Will. I couldnt create a league with more than 90 matches due to schedule. How you did that?

SI staff Lucas Weatherby if I am not mistaken already confirmed in their forum long ago that instant result/simulate match has no difference from playing the match itself. What could alter the result is changes made inside the match includes substitutions, team or player instructions changes and etc.

Nope, they confirmed there is a degree of inaccuracy when its added to skins for the Full FM mode, as its not built for and not tested on that. As well as the AM issue (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/269433-instant-result-warning.html)

It has no difference if you are FMT mode though.

Quote - The main game wasn't designed to have that feature in it, so this kinda works like a hack. It could be chucking all sorts of instabilities into your save game that you won't notice until the game crashes in a week's time and you can no longer load the save. As the feature is not supported, there isn't much SI could do to fix any problems caused by it, either

great work thanks for this! just one question.. how can i put the leicester squad than your testing league team?

Nope, they confirmed there is a degree of inaccuracy when its added to skins for the Full FM mode, as its not built for and not tested on that. As well as the AM issue (http://www.fm-base.co.uk.prx.proxyu...15-tactics/269433-instant-result-warning.html)It has no difference if you are FMT mode though.Quote - The main game wasn't designed to have that feature in it, so this kinda works like a hack. It could be chucking all sorts of instabilities into your save game that you won't notice until the game crashes in a week's time and you can no longer load the save. As the feature is not supported, there isn't much SI could do to fix any problems caused by it, either
Ok this is what I read,07-08-2015, 16:44
Lucas Weatherby
user-offline.png
Sports InteractiveJoin Date9th April 2007LocationBoyle HeightsPosts15,389[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
You don't get the same results because no two matches are the same. There isn't any difference to how the match engine "performs" with Instant Result vs playing the match. There is only one match engine.​

Ok this is what I read,07-08-2015, 16:44
Lucas Weatherby
user-offline.png
Sports InteractiveJoin Date9th April 2007LocationBoyle HeightsPosts15,389
icon1.png

You don't get the same results because no two matches are the same. There isn't any difference to how the match engine "performs" with Instant Result vs playing the match. There is only one match engine.​
That post is in the FM touch section

That post is in the FM touch section

Ok but I think his reply confirmed that there is only one match engine so the calculation would always be same, what could affect the result is when wrong players are picked or played in wrong position and so far I haven't notice such errors from TFF's testing league by using simulate match.

Ok but I think his reply confirmed that there is only one match engine so the calculation would always be same, what could affect the result is when wrong players are picked or played in wrong position and so far I haven't notice such errors from TFF's testing league by using simulate match.

In touch mode yes. Its been confirmed every year as Instant isnt built or tested in full mode it isnt accurate. We have had this question every year since FM10.

Quick question in regards to my new test team should I create one size fits all players for every position i.e a striker that combines all the striker roles or should I create different players for all player roles, i.e a poacher, a target man or complete forward etc.

Quick question in regards to my new test team should I create one size fits all players for every position i.e a striker that combines all the striker roles or should I create different players for all player roles, i.e a poacher, a target man or complete forward etc.

IMO, something like TFF's fast striker and strong striker would be enough.

Progress so far have finished making the 15 nations will probably add better managers with more popular formations.

Progress so far have finished making the 15 nations will probably add better managers with more popular formations.

Will, I would remove some "exotic” formations that you don't encounter when play in the top 5 leagues in the game or only 1 or 2 teams use it in these leagues. I'm talking about such formations as Europe's formation, Africa's formation and Spain's formation.

Last edited:

Good job mate, I would suggest to add 4-5-1 and 4-1-4-1 formation.

changed the managers as follows:

NATIONMANAGERFORMATION
AFRICAGUARDIOLA4141 DM
ARGENTINASIMEONE442_
BENELUXVAN GAAL4231 WIDE
BRAZILANCELLOTTI442 DIAMOND NARROW
BRITISH ISLESFERGUSON4231 WIDE
EUROPEHIDDINK4123 DM WIDE
FRANCEWENGER4231 WIDE
GERMANYKLOPP4411_
ITALYCONTE5122 DM WB
PORTUGALMOURINHO4231 WIDE