We are Red, We are White, We are Spanish Dynamite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlético Madrid unveil new kits

Athmadrid-h.png
Athmadrid-a.png

Today, although late, Atlético Madrid unveiled their new kits for the new season. Atléti have new sponsors in Spanish brand Acciona but they are still being manufactured by Nike. Staff and fans alike are said to be delighted by the smart design on the new kits.Credit goes to Nike designer known as Dannyfiveo for his brilliant designs.

Great Thread :)

Cant wait for more!!

im Following this thread. Nice signings

Aaron Ramsey great potential -10

Great story, I am also playing with Atletico, after first season went third... but I think you can do even better with these signins! Good luck

athletico.png

October Update

Daniel Oakes's Atlético side started the month with a tricky away game at Seville. Diego Forlan opened the scoring for Atléti and all looked to be good from then on. Twenty minutes later, Forlan doubled Atlético's lead and they never looked back. Oakes's side came away with a comfortable 2-0 win, despite only just having as many chances as the wasteful Seville team.

sevillavatmadridinforma.png

Next up, Atlético Madrid took on Getafe at home in a game that Oakes was very expectant to win. However his hopes looked dashed as his team found themselves 2-0 down after just half an hour. Getafe went 3-0 up after 65 minutes and Oakes's stars looked shellshocked. Forlan scored from the penalty spot but all proved little too late for Atléti in an unexpected loss.

atmadridvgetafeinformat.png

After the Getafe loss, Atlético travelled to the Swiss capital to take on Basel. It did not start well as they trailed through a Valentin Stocker goal after just 24 minutes. Things were looking rosier when Kun Aguero equalised fifteen minutes. Another sour note struck as Marco Streller gave the home team the lead again going into half time. It was understood that Oakes was not very happy and that some words were spoken at half time as his boys looked a lot more enthusiastic in the second half. This was shown when the Atlético King Diego scored just three minutes after the break. Madrid continued to press but could not find a winning goal. A 2-2 draw for Atlético.

baselvatmadridinformati.png

Atlético Madrid travelled to Villarreal in their next league game of the month. It was a very even game early on but just before the half hour mark, Diego Godin headed home from the corner. Atlético hung on for the rest of the game and celebrated a nice win.

villarrealvatmadridinfo.png

The penultimate game to the month saw Atlético play their first game in the Copa Del Ray. Their opponents would be Oviedo and they would play their first game away from home. Kun Aguero opened the scoring after just nine minutes with a great strike. Ryan Babel then doubled the visitor's lead amd they were cruising. Borja Rubiato grabbed an unexpected goal for Oviedo before Kun once again put the lead to two nine minutes later. Eight minutes after the break, Sergio Aguero completed his hattrick to make it 4-1. Simao completed Atléti's scoring for the night with a trademark finish. Miguel managed to get Oviedo's second but surely this will be only a consolation as Atlético will take a 5-2 lead into the second leg.

oviedovatmadridinformat.png

The goalfest from Atlético continued as they faced Almeria at the Vicente Calderón. Sergio Aguero opened the scoring for Oakes's side after just 2 minutes. Diego Forlan double the lead after 35 minutes and they went into half time with a 2-0 lead. Forlan scored bhis second of the game on the hour mark closely followed by Kun's second three minutes later. Albert Crusat grabbed a consolation goal for Almeria only for Diego Forlan to complete his hattrick just five minutes later and complete another five goal haul for Madrid.

atmadridvalmerainformat.png

League Table

ligabbvainformationleag.png

I am very happy with my side, being fourth in the league after nine games. We have scored a lot of goals and I fully believe we can outscore most teams in this league. We are still on for the third place finish that I am going for this season.

Player of the Month

sergio-aguero_1420583c.jpg

My player of the month for October goes to Sergio 'Kun' Aguero. This great little striker has scored eight goals this month and he has still only just snatched this award from Diego Forlan, who also grabbed eight.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

four_four_two_logo.png

Diego-Forlan-001.jpg

Here at FourFourTwo today we hold an interview with in form Atlético Madrid striker, Diego Forlan.

FourFourTwo: Hello Diego, how are you, it is an honour to be talking to you.

Forlan: It is also a privelege to be talking to you, thankyou for inviting me.

FFT: So, lets get things started, how are you coping at the Calderón now with the new manager, Daniel Oakes in charge?

DF: I am coping very well, he is a young manager and very ambitious. He matches the club perfectly. I have a great relationship with him.

FFT: This is good to hear Diego. You are in perhaps the best form of your career, you have scored 16 goals with only two months of the season gone. Can you keep up this form?

DF: Yes, I am delighted with how many goals I have scored so far and I have had some luck which is what all strikers need. I do hope it can continue for me.

FFT: There are not many players like you, that can keep scoring into their thirties, how do you keep it going?

DF: Are you calling me old? I can not disclose my secret
wink.png

FFT: Very well, How do you feel with your current strike partner, Sergio 'Kun' Aguero?

DF: Fantastic! Kun is a fantastic player and will only get better. He is perhaps the most technically gfted player I have ever played with.

FFT: Last question. Where do you think your team can finish this season?

DF: I actually believe, with a bit of luck, we could go as far as winning the title. With the signing Daniel has brought in, Ryan, Rafael and Enzo, we have a very talented squad. It will be tough to overhaul Real and Barca though.

FFT: Thankyou for your time Diego.

DF: It has been my pleasure.

sergio-aguero_1420583c.jpg

Forlan speaks highly of his strike partner, Kun Aguero.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:41 PM ----------

athletico.png

November Update

The start of November came a home game for Atlético Madrid in the Europa League against Basel. things started badly for Oakes's side as Chipperfield gave Basel the lead. However, Kun Aguero equalised jst five minutes later. Aguero struck again six minutes before halt time to give Atléti the lead. Los Colchoneros came out firing in the second half and added a third and fourth within ten minutes through Diego Forlan and Ryan Babel. Benjamin Huggel scored a consolation penalty 12 minutes before time. A good 4-2 win for Atlético.

AtMadridvBaselInformation_Overview.png

The toughest and least envious task of the season came next for Daniel Oakes. The Madrid derby away to Real Madrid. Real Madrid started the better and eventually scored the opener through Xabi Alonso. Gonzalo Higuain popped up to double the lead just after the hour mark and Kun Aguero scored an own goal ten minutes later to make it three. Diego Godin's sending off did not help matters. Kun Aguero scored a late consolation for Atlético but that did not stop the angry Colchoneros fans from being upset about the loss.

RMadridvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Daniel Oakes played a young side as Atlético Madrid took on Oviedo in their second leg at home in the Copa Del Ray. Back up striker Diego Costa did not disappoint as he scored not one, not two, not three but four goals to send Atléti firing to a 4-1 win on the night and a 9-3 aggregate win.

AtMadridvOviedoInformation_Overview.png

The next game was back in Liga BBVA as Atléti took on Osasuna at home. Once again, things started badly for Oakes's side as they found themselves 1-0 down in the first 11 minutes. Masoud doubled Osa's lead just after the half hour mark and Nekounam put the game beyond doubt ten minutes after half time. Kun Aguero scored a consolation goal as fans and manager Oakes was left to rue missed chances.

AtMadridvOsasunaInformation_Overview.png

On their travels next, Atlético travelled to Sociedad. Oakes's side looked to be continuing with their poor league form when once again they conceded the first goal. However, just after half time, Sergio Aguero scored the equaliser and Oakes's Atlético Madrid side gained a decent draw.

RSociedadvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

In their last game of the month, Los Colchoneros took on top of the league side Espanyol. Oakes, before the game was positive that although his side's recent form was poor, his side would come out with the win. His side looked to have acknowledged Oakes's word and looked the far more likely side to score from the get go. The first goal finally came five minutes into first half injury time as Simao struck one home. Atlético came out and continued to dominate in the second half and finally got their rewarding second goal and the win three minutes into stoppage time as Sergio Aguero struck home.

AtMadridvEspanyolInformation_Overview.png

League Table
LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

We have slipped down to 5th in the league after a poor November. I will try my best to motivate my players to do better next month.

Player of the Month

sergio-aguero-1.png

Sergio Aguero once again gets the award for my player of the month. Although the team has been in poor form, Kun has been the stand out player, scoring six goals.

Last edited:
This is a very good story mate.

Could you check my Athletico Madrid one out to see if it is ok ? cheers

December Update

Atlético Madrid started the month of December with their penultimate Europa League match against Metalist at home. Things did not stat well for Oakes's side as Papa Gueye gave Metalist the lead after just eight minutes. Atléti went into half time at 1-0 down and struggled to get to grips with the game. However, they came out second half and showed what a team they were. Sergio Aguero equalised four minutes after the break. Jose Antonio Reyes added one to take them into a lead four minutes later. Seven minutes after the hour mark, Papa Gueye put the ball into his own net as Atléti strode away with a comfortable win.

AtMadridvMetalistInformation_Overview.png

After the Europa League trip, Atlético travelled to Levante for the Ligue BBVA match. Diego Forlan scored the opener after just ten minutes and Atléti were the only team in it. Forlan added to his goal two minutes after the break to double Atléti's lead. Fran Merida soon added the third and Atlético were flying. Stuani scored a consolation goal just before the hour mark but that is all it proved to be, a consolation.

LevantevAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Next in the month came a home game against Deportivo La Coruna. This was a game where Oakes's side never looked comfortable. In front of their own fans, Atlético were poor and Juan Rodriguez's goal for the away side proved the only goal in a poor game.

AtMadridvDeportivoInformation_Overview.png

Atlético Madrid's penultimate game of the month came in the shape of their last game in the group stage of the Europa League where they needed to win to top the group. Playing a slightly weakened side, Oakes decided to give young striker Sergio Araujo a run out. Araujo repaid his managers faith as he opened the scoring after a quarter of an hour. Diego Forlan doubled the lead just before half time. In the second half, Timisoara got one back through Emanuel Ruscau but Atléti did enough to ride out the win.

FCTimioaravAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

UEFAEuropaLeagueInformation_Stages.png

After the win, Atlético top the group with fourteen points.

In the next round of the Europa League, Atlético have been drawn to play Liverpool

In the last game of the month, Atlético once again stepped into the Copa Del Ray for their fifth round tie against Hércules. The first leg was to be played at Alicante, the home of Hércules. In an interesting first half, Oakes's side found themselves on the back foot for most of it. Despite this, they went in goalless. The second half wasn't much difference but it was only a Diego Forlan penalty that seperated the two teams.

Player of the Month

Diego-Forlan-001.jpg

After a decent month for us, Diego Forlan once again gets the Player of the Month award. The Uruguayan striker scored four goals in five games this month.

What instruction like Poacher/Adavanced forward do you give Forlan ?

Complete forward - Support pal :)

athletico.png

Oakes makes swoops in the January sales

Untitled-4.png

January has begun, and already Atlético Madrid manager Daniel Oakes has seen the need to dip his toes into the transfer market. His first signing was 22 year old Czech winger Adam Hlousek. The deal to bring him to the club is believed to have cost Atlético around £3 million.

AdamHlousekProfile_Attributes.png

Daniel Oakes said:
I am delighted to bring Adam to the club. He will provide a very good challenger to the left wing role for the club and I believe we have found a bargain here.

The second signing to arrive at the Vicente Calderón was Server Jeparov from Bunyodkor Toshkent. In 2008, Jeparov scored 19 goals from 23 games for Bunyodkor and that was obviously one of the features about the player that impressed Oakes.

ServerJeparovProfile_Attributes.png

Daniel Oakes said:
I am very happy about bringing Server to the team. Not a lot of people will know of him, but they soon will. He is a technically gifted player and I just know that he will impress here.

Hlousek is a great signing! In my save Real Madrid had him and he's quality. Good luck on the rest of your journey mate! (H)

athletico.png

January Update

January came and Atlético Madrid's first game of 2011 came against Racing Club at Vicente Calderón. Atléti started the better and were always the team more likely to score. There dominance came to fruition seven minutes before half time when Jose Antonio Reyes opened the scoring. Two second half goals from Diego Forlan gave Atlético a comfortable win.

AtMadridvRacingInformation_Overview.png

The second game of the new year came in the Copa Del Ray. Atlético were 1-0 up from the away tie and were fully expected to win at home and comfortably progress. In the first half, Atlético struggled to break down Hércules and the game went into half time goalless. In the second half, Atlético showed people what they had got. Jorge Pulido opened the scoring eight minutes after the break. Diego Costa made it 2-0 after seventy minutes. To add insult to injury, Abraham Paz scored an own goal in injury time that gave Atléti a 3-0 win and a 4-0 aggregate win.

AtMadridvHrculesInformation_Overview.png

Next game, Atlético travelled to play familiar rivals Hércules yet again, this time it was in the league. This time, it proved to be just as easy as Oakes's side cruised to a 4-0 win. Diego Forlán, Simao, Raul Garcia and new signing Server Jeparov got the goals.

Resized to 77% (was 1024 x 538) - Click image to enlarge
HrculesvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

The game after for Atlético came as a great shock as it was against minnows Palencia in the quarter finals of the Copa Del Ray. Palencia had already previously knocked out giants Barcelona and Real Madrid so they were a team to be watched. Leonardo Biagini gave the minnows the lead after 33 minutes and Oakes was absolutely livid at half time. Whatever the English manager said must have spurred his team on as a goal from Sergio Aguero and a brace from Forlán gave Atlético the first leg win.

AtMadridvPalenciaInformation_Overview.png

It was back to Liga BBVA for Atlético's next game of the month and it came up against Mallorca at the Calderón. It did not start well for Atléti as Pierre Webó gave Mallorca the lead. Simao struck back four minutes later but then Webó struck again three minutes before half time. In the last kick of the half, Rubén gifted Atlético the equaliser as an action packed half came to an end. The second half was no where near as dramatic but Diego Godin headed home the winner on the 71st minute mark.

AtMadridvMallorcaInformation_Overview.png

The Copa Del Ray 2nd leg tie with Palencia came next and it was time for the minnows to host Oakes's giants. It was only nine minutes into the game when Simao struck the opener. Sergio Araujo doubled the lead just after the half hour mark. Into the second half they went, and it was another brace from Diego Forlán which guided Atlético to a huge aggregate win of 7-1.

PalenciavAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Sporting Gijon was Atlético's next game of a long January month. Diego Forlán opened the scoring for Oakes's side with a great finish. Just ten minutes later, Mate Bilic equalised. Once again, the last kick of the half, Sergio Aguero gave Atléti the lead. Into the second half the game ran and it was just as exciting as the first. Simao struck for Atlético ten minutes after the break to put them 3-1 up. It was just three minutes later that Luis Morán put Sporting back in with a chance. Diego Forlán put the game beyond doubt after 66 minutes and led his team to a brilliant 4-2 win.

SportingvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Atlético Madrid were drawn against Villarreal in the Copa Del Ray semi final. The First leg of this tie was Madrid's penultimate game in a massive month of fixtures. Oakes favoured Sergio Araujo to Sergio Aguero to give the youth a chance. Oakes's faith was soon repaid as Araujo scored the first goal of the game. Just before half time, Araujo's goal was cancelled outjust before half time through a sharp finish from Callejón. Throughout Atlético's dominance, they could not find a way through in the second half and it finished as a 1-1 draw. Advantage Atlético.

VillarrealvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

In their last game of the month, Atlético Madrid took on high flyers Athletic Club at home. Although expected to win the game, Athletic opened up the scoring through Fernando Llorente. Raul Garcia equalised just after half time and this proved to be the last action of the game. Again, Atlético could not capitalise on their dominance.

AtMadridvAthleticInformation_Overview.png

League Table

LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable.png

I am very happy with the month we have had and although we have stayed at fifth in the league, we have a game in hand. I have been impressed by how we have coped with the huge run of fixtures and I pray we can keep this up for the rest of the season.

Player of the Month

simao.png

Simao is January's player of the month. The 31 year old Portuguese winger has been in fantastic form for us this month with four goals and several assists from the right wing.

Last edited:
Very good update, may i ask what tactic you are using ?

My own tactic I use mate :) Not good enough for upload though :(

Well you seem to be getting good enough results. Why not ?

athletico.png

February Update

The first game of February for Daniel Oakes's side came no harder than against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. The League champions were utterly dominant in the first half yet they did not find a breakthrough. The second half came though and Barca took the game by the scruff of the neck. Goals from Bojan and an injury time goal from Lionel Messi gave the league leaders a comfortable victory.

BarcelonavAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

The next game for Oakes's team came up against Valencia back at the Calderón. In what many expected to be a close encounter, Atlético turned on the style. Sergio Aguero opened the scoring after 26 minutes with a well placed effort. Simao scored the second just eight minutes later. Ten minutes later, Kun Aguero added to his tally with yet another well placed finish. Jeremy Mathieu topped it all off with an own goal that put Atléti staff and fans alike on cloud nine. Although it was a great performance, it was a fairly equal chance and Valencia were very wasteful with the chances that they had.

AtMadridvValenciaInformation_Overview.png

In their next game of the month, Atlético travelled to England to take on Liverpool in the Europa League. For most of the game, the home side were the better but could not find a way through. The drama came in the last few minutes when Simao opened the scoring to send Atléti into raptures. The fans were quietened down pretty quickly as Gerardo Bruna scored the equaliser just two minutes later. Advantage goes to Atlético going to the Calderón.

LiverpoolvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

It was back to Liga BBVA for Atlético as they travelled to bottom club Zaragoza. It was a fairly equal first half altogether, but Atlético did finally find the breakthrough as Simao smashed one home. Atlético ended up cruising home as Sergio Araujo struck five minutes from home to give them a 2-0 win.

ZaragozavAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

The penultimate game of the month was the second leg against Liverpool. Again, the first half was very equal and it went into half time at 0-0. Sergio Aguero made way for Sergio Araujo and it turned into a great decision from Oakes. Araujo opened the scoring in the 80th minute before Simao struck the second home 4 minutes later. Diego Forlan ended his goal drought with a fine finish to cap a great Atlético win.

Atlético Madrid will take on Shakhtar in the Second Knockout Round

AtMadridvLiverpoolInformation_Overview.png

In the final game of the month, Atlético Madrid took on Seville at Vicente Calderón. Atlético showed the more in the first half and were duelly rewarded with a goal on the dawn of half time when Kun Aguero struck home. It carried on with Atlético being the better team throughout the second half and Alexis scored an own goal to hand Atléti another win in a great month for the club.

AtMadridvSevillaInformation_Overview.png

League Table

LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable.png

We have had a great month this February since the Barcelona game. We have pushed on to third in the league and now have a game in hand. We are in pole position to meet the expectations I made of my team. We are also through to the Europa League Second Knockout ROund and I believe we have a great chance of winning it.

Player of the Month

kun.png

The whole team were in good form this month and it was very hard to pick a Player of the Month. However, my award goes to Sergio Aguero as he scored 4 goals this month and some of these came at very crucial times.

Status
Not open for further replies.