Status
Not open for further replies.
febupdate.png

Valladolid 0-2 Atlético Madrid
059.png
Diego Forlán
059.png
Leonel Galeano

Atlético started their month of February with the Copa Del Ray Semi final against Valladolid. The first leg was to be played in Valladolid. Things started well for the defending champions as Forlán put one away from the penalty spot. Three minutes before the break, defender Leonel Galeano headed home to give them a 2-0 win.

Atlético Madrid 3-1 Málaga
059.png
Hatem Ben Arfa
059.png
Diego Forlán
059.png
Alexis Sánchez

Atlético's next game was back in the Liga BBVA against Málaga at home. New signing Hatem Ben Arfa gave his side the lead with a fine strike after just 11 minutes. Ten minutes later, Diego Forlán doubled their lead with a trademark finish. Apono got one back for the away side to end the half on a little bit of a sour note for Oakes's side. Just one minute after the break, Alexis Sanchez's strike effectively ended the game for a good 3-1 win.

Atlético Madrid 2-0 Valladolid
059.png
Diego Forlán
059.png
Leonel Galeano

The second leg of the semi final clash came next for Atlético. A good 2-0 win away from home gave Atlético a huge advantage going into this game. A 10th minute Forlán strike gave them an even bigger advantage. Yet another goal from centreback Galeano gave Atlético another 2-0 win and a 4-0 aggregate victory.

Atlético Madrid will play Villarreal in the Copa Del Ray Final

Atlético Madrid 2-0 Espanyol
059.png
Sergio Aguero (2)

On the 12th February, Daniel Oakes's Atlético side took on last years fourth place team Espanyol. It did not take long for Oakes's team to seize the advantage. Kun Aguero struck home in the first three minutes. Atléti continued to dominate through the rest of the game and only found a second goal after 72 minutes. Sergio Aguero was the man again and a lovely strike gave them a great 2-0 win.

Getafe 1-3 Atlético Madrid
059.png
Diego Forlán
059.png
Sergio Aguero (2)

In their last game before the Champions League clash with AC Milan, Atlético took on Getafe away from home. The league leaders continued their dominance with a brilliant 3-1 win. Goals from Diego Forlán and a brace from Aguero gave Atlético yet another win.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round
AC Milan 0-3 Atlético Madrid
059.png
Alexis Sanchez

059.png
Sergio Araujo

059.png
Diego Forlán

Atlético faced off against Italian team AC Milan in the first knockout round of the Champions League and it is probably the toughest draw they could of got after winning their group. Oakes's side were the better team in the first half and were rewarded just before half time with a great strike from Alexis Sanchez. Whatever Oakes said tohis team at half time must have worked as they cameout firing. Second half strikes from Sergio Araujo and Diego Forlán gave the team a memorable 3-0 win at the San Siro

Atlético Madrid 2-0 Hércules
059.png
Sergio Aguero
059.png
Alexis Sanchez

Atlético Madrid's final game of the month came against Hércules at home. A twelth minute strike from Sergio Aguero gave Oakes's side the lead. Eight minutes later, Alexis Sanchez hit home to make it 2-0. It was not the best performance from Los Colchoneros as they had less shots than the away side but David De Gea was on form to keep the away side at bay.

table.png

LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable-4.png

We are still top of the league and after a perfect month, we have extended our lead. The title looks ours now but I will tell the lads to focus on the job at hand. The victory against Milan was just out of this world and I applaud the lads efforts.

danoakes.png

alexis-sanchez.jpg

My player of the month this month goes to Alexis Sanchez. He is relatively new here but I am absolutely delighted with his recent form. I am very disappointed that he is now injured for three months but I am sure we have cover for him.

MOTM.png

YouTube - A.C. Milan 0 - 3 At. Madrid - Match Highlights

Last edited:
march.png

Atlético Madrid 2-2 Osasuna
059.png
Leonel Galeano

059.png
Diego Forlán

For the first game of March, Oakes's side hosted Osasuna in a game that they would be fully ecpected to win. Centre back Galeano added to his tally by heading home the opener. Atléti went into half time with the lead and looking comfortable. Four minutes short of thee hour mark, Forlán struck home to put the game what would be though to be beyond doubt. This was not to be as goals from Soriano and Delev gave Suna an unexpected draw.

Numancia 1-5 Atlético Madrid
059.png
Sergio Araujo (3)

059.png
Diego Forlán

059.png
Simao

Atlético's next game came up away from home against promoted side Numancia. The league leaders had a dream start as Araujo knocked one home in the first three minutes. Seven minutes later, Aquino equalised for the home side. Over twenty minutes later, Araujo popped up again and put them into the lead once again. Two minutes after the match resumed Forlán put Atléti further ahead and another two minutes they found themselves 4-1 up through Simao. Araujo completed the scoring and his hattrick with a great strike two minutes from the end.

Champions League First Knockout Round

Atlético Madrid 3-2 AC Milan
059.png
Sergio Araujo

059.png
Adam Hlousek (2)

Next up in the month was Atlético's home tie with AC Milan in the Champions League. Already carrying a 3-0 aggregate win over from the first leg, Oakes's side had a huge advantage. Their advantage increased when the man in form Sergio Araujo slotted home in the first twenty minutes. Eight minutes later, Brazilian striker Robinho scored to equalise the game. In the second half, Adam Hlousek burst into life and notched a brace in eleven minutes to put the tie beyond doubt. Thiago Silva headed home a consolation six minutes from time but that was all that it was.

Atlético Madrid will play Barcelona in the Champions League Quarter Final

Sporting Gijon 0-2 Atlético Madrid
059.png
Sergio Araujo

059.png
Adam Hlousek

It was mid way through March and Atlético took on Sporting Gijon away from home. The man on fir scored once again after 12 minutes. Not much else went on in the game and Atléti looked relatively comfortable. Adam Hlousek grabbed the winner two minutes from time for a 2-0 win.

Atlético Madrid 6-0 Recreativo
059.png
Sergio Aguero (2)

059.png
Diego Forlán

059.png
Adam Hlousek

059.png
Ryan Babel

059.png
Simao

The next match in the month was a game that Atlético fans were expecting a hatful never mind the win. They got what they had dreamed to see as they saw a spectacular 6-0 win. A brace from Kun Aguero and goals from Forlán, Hlousek, Babel and Simao gave them an emphatic win. See the highlights in this months Match of the Month.

Racing 0-3 Atlético Madrid
059.png
Sergio Araujo (2)

059.png
Diego Forlán

In the game before their quarter final tie with Barcelona, Atléti took on Racing. Yet another brace from Sergio Araujo and a nice strike from talismanic striker Diego Forlán gave Los Colchoneros a dominant win.

Champions League Quarter Final

Atlético Madrid 0-1 Barcelona

After a great month in March, Atlético approached a road block in Barcelona in the Champions League. The only goal in the game was from Lionel Messi for Barca and as much as Atléti tried, they could not find an equaliser.

Atlético Madrid 2-0 Real Sociedad
059.png
Diego Godín

059.png
Diego Forlán

Their last game in a busy month came in the form of a home game against Real Sociedad. Oakes's side had a dominant first half yet could not find a breakthrough. Two second half goals gave Atlético yet another win.
table.png

LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable-5.png

I am very pleased with my team and very impressed at how they have extended their lead in the league. It is ours to lose now. I am a little disappointed in the game against Barca, where we could not take our chances but they are an exceptional team.

POTM.png

sergio-araujo.jpg

This month I gave Sergio a chance after he returned from injury and it paid off to maximum effect. Seven goals in the month is truelly stunning.
MOTM.png

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpx2CzEbufo"]YouTube - At. Madrid 6 - 0 Recreativo - Match Highlights[/ame]

You're leading by 16 points, you will definitely win the leauge
keep it up

I wish Barcelona and Real Madrid played like that in my game. Seems like every time I go on a roll so they do and despite whatever I do I am still fighting with one of them. I am more surprised by your shutdown defense than anything. Very nice story!

Not seen this story for a bit, will keep up from now on... still looking good mate well done!

My Athletico save got lost unfortunately, corrupted! your doing really well though!!

nice story, hope you win the title. check out mine

I have decided to discontinue this story as I can not get back into the game, please look out for my new story coming soon to the Stories section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.