We are Red, We are White, We are Spanish Dynamite

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're doing well Dan. Seems like there's some competition going on for 3rd place :D

four_four_two_logo.png

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
QiPyl.png

Here at FourFourTwo today we hold an interview with another Atlético Madrid player, in form Goalkeeper David De Gea.

FourFourTwo: Hello David, what a pleasure it is to have the chance to conduct an interview with you.

De Gea: The pleasure is entirely mine. What would you like to ask me?

FFT: Your new manager Daniel Oakes, has now been at the club for aroud six months, How do you feel about working with him?

DDG: I think that we have all got used to how Daniel does his business. If he has any issues he tells us and if we have any issues, he asks us to confide in him. He is a great character to work under.

FFT: How do you feel working with the new players he has brought in?

DDG: Well, the good thing is that he has not brought that many plyers in. As a result of this, the club harmony is great and we really get on well as a team and a cohesive unit.

FFT: You are on brilliant form at the moment, what is your secret?

DDG: Well, you know, just keep training really. My training leve is very high and I believe that the facilities available at the club are indeed helping me to fulfill my potential.

FFT: You must be playing well, keeping a keeper like Sergio Asenjo ou of the side for so long?

DDG: You know, Sergio is a great guy. I feel for him a little bit as he is a very good player. It is a shame there isn't room on the team for the both of us.

FFT: Well, it would be controversial to say the least if there was.....

FFT: You have a tricky month ahead of you, with an upcoming Derby against your city rivals Real Madrid. How confident are you about keeping a clean sheet against such a capable side?

DDG: Atléti fans won't like me saying this but Real are a classy side. It will always be tough to keep a clean sheet in a feisty Derby match like this. My defence will have to be on their game.

FFT: Finally David, how far do you think you can go under Daniel Oakes?

DDG: Daniel is a very ambitious manager and he believes the club can go a long way and we have to believe that to. A Champions League spot would be good for this year but after that, we can get better and better. I believe we will be lifting the League Title in a couple of years.

FFT: Very confident David, Thank you for your time.

DDG: No problem, thank you for your invitation.

wol_error.gif
article-1078240-021AB43D000005DC-275_468x298_popup.png

Atlético fans will be at full force for their derby game against Real Madrid

Good update dan, looking forward to the next update.

great update as always, some great results in there too :)

wol_error.gif
athletico.png

March Update

Atlético Madrid started the month of March with an away game at Getafe. This away trip proved to be very frustrating for manager Daniel Oakes. A penalty was given away to Atléti after just 16 minutes which Enxo Maresca duelly knocked home. Javier Arizmendi equalised for Getafe just five minutes later. Atlético then went behind just after half time to Adrian Colunga's goal. Twelve minutes later, Kun Aguero equalised for Oakes's side. After 72 minutes, Diego Forlan scored a goal to put the away side ahead again but the drama was no where near the end. Nine minutes from time Colunga smashed home another equaliser and Atlético fans were left rueing their missed chances when Gavilan knocked home a 95th minute winner.

wol_error.gif
GetafevAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

The next game for Oakes's team came up against Villarreal at home. Diego Forlán had a great start to the game as he scored a two minute brace on 25 and 27 minutes. Ryan Babel made it 3-0 after just 33 minutes. Atlético continued to play fantastic football and Raphael Varane capped the win off with an 85th minute header. A great 4-0 win to recover from the heartbreak in Getafe.

wol_error.gif
AtMadridvVillarrealInformation_Overview.png

In their third game of the month, Atlético played Shakhtar Donetsk at home in the Europa League. There is not much to talk about here, both teams were wasteful and it ended up as a goalless draw. No doubt that this is a decent result for the Ukrainian side.

wol_error.gif
AtMadridvShakhtarInformation_Overview.png

It was back to the Liga BBVA and Oakes's team travelled to Almeria. It was a fiercely contested affair that was only seperated by the one goal. Sergio Aguero struck home in the second minute of injury time to give Oakes and his team a valuable win.

wol_error.gif
AlmeravAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

The Europa League Second Knockout, second leg came up as Oakes's next challenge and all Atléti fans were hoping there manager could pull an away win or a score draw out of the bag to help them progress. Things looked brilliantly for Los Colchoneros as Simao scored a penalty after just six minutes. Eleven minutes later, the Spanish side were in dream land as Adam Hlousek scored a great goal to cap off a great away win in the Ukraine. Hlousek was later sent off in the same half.

Atlético Madrid will now face another Ukrainian side, Dynamo Kiev in the Quarter Final.

wol_error.gif
ShakhtarvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

In their final game of the month, Atlético Madrid were to take on bitter rivals Real Madrid. The Atléti fans were brimming with confidence after seeing their team scoring very freely under their new manager. Atléti did not disappoint either. Diego Godín opened the scoring after just eleven minutes. Kun Aguero doubled Atléti's lead just short of the half hour mark and the confident Madrid side went in at the break 2-0 up. Oakes's side were under scrutiny from Mourinho's team through the Second half but stood up to the test. Simao struck 4 minutes into injury time to seal a famous victory for Atlético Madrid.

wol_error.gif
AtMadridvRMadridInformation_Overview.png

The Three Goals that helped Atlético take apart Real

YouTube - At. Madrid vs R. Madrid - Godin Goal 11th minute

YouTube - At. Madrid vs R. Madrid - Aguero Goal 29th minute

YouTube - At. Madrid vs R. Madrid - Simao Goal 90th minute

League Table

wol_error.gif
LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable.png

We hang on to Third place after a great recovery month following the Getafe game. We are just six points behind second place with a game in hand and I think that is just a terrific position to be in. A victory against Real Madrid was special. I am delighted with how the boys are playing and hope that they can just keep it going for a little bit longer.

Player of the Month

Untitled-1.png

Once again, we had quite a few performers this month. My award for Player of the Month has to go to Adam Hlousek. Adam has settled in brilliantly, and this month he has come in with a number of assists and a lovely goal against Shakhtar Donetsk.

Why haven't you enabled the stadiums in the backgroud for your videos? Some great results recently, it's a shame Barca just don't concede! Great story by the way

Why haven't you enabled the stadiums in the backgroud for your videos? Some great results recently, it's a shame Barca just don't concede! Great story by the way

So it runs better, doesnt make much difference though really. I play on 2D anyway and only used it to upload the video

Loving the story- Great layouts and liking the video's ;)

athletico.png

Start of April

Atlético started the penultimate month of the season against Osasuna at Reyno de Navarra. Things did not start well for Oakes's side when Javier Camunas struck home after just 2 minutes. Twenty minutes later, Kun Aguero equalised for Atléti. Walter Pandiani failed to put Osasuna up again after he missed from the penalty spot. After 68 minutes, Camunas took his chance. He struck home and handed a devastating loss to the young English manager's team.

OsasunavAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Next up, Atlético travelled to the Ukraine again to face Dynamo Kiev in the first leg of their Quarter Final tie. Things started brilliantly for the Spanish side when Sergio Aguero knocked home a great finish. Diego Forlán knocked one in from the penalty spot eight minutes before half time to put them 2-0 up. After 56 minutes, Server Jeparov scored Atlético's third and things were looking great for Oakes's team. Nikbakht scored one for the home team but surely that will be a consolation back at the Calderón. A great result for Daniel Oakes's team.

DynamoKyivvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Atlético went back to the Liga BBVA for their next game against Real Sociedad at the Calderón. Defender Raphael Varane headed home after 15 minutes to give Atlético the lead. Sergio Aguero knocked home yet another to give Los Colchoneros a very good win.

AtMadridvRSociedadInformation_Overview.png

There was not much panic as Atlético took on Dynamo Kiev at the Calderón. There was even less panic after Diego Forlán knocked one past the keeper just after half time. Forlán made it two 20 minute later, and Oakes's side were cruising to the Semi Final. Striker Artem Milevskyi sent a consolation home but that was all it happened to be, as Atlét cruised through on aggregate.

Atlético Madrid will play FC Porto in the Semi Final

AtMadridvDynamoKyivInformation_Overview.png

In the last game before the Final of the Copa Del Ray, Atlético travelled to a third placed Espanyol in a very competitive game. Johan Verdú gave the home side the lead in the first three minutes.Server Jeparov equalised just short of the half hour mark. Three minutes later, Diego Forlán gave Atlético an unexpected lead. The second half proved to be a very bad one for Daniel Oakes and his team. A narrow lead turned into a very poor defeat as another from Verdú a brace from Mansour and a goal from Luis Garcia gave Espanyol a great win and Atlético Madrid a terrible defeat.

EspanyolvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Daniel Oakes said:
I am quite pleased with our resuts in these five games but I cannot help but be disappointed with our performance in the second half against Espanyol. Anyway, that is gone now and we now have a big task on our hands to overhaul them for 3rd spot. We now look forward to the Copa Del Ray final against Osasuna and I fully expect us to win it!

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:17 PM ----------

espn-1.png

Copa Del Ray Final

Here at ESPN today, we bring you the Copa Del Ray Final between Atlético Madrid and Osasuna. Daniel Oakes's Atlético side will no doubt be the slight favourites to win it with the likes of Diego Forlan on his side but who knows what will happen. What will transpire, lets find out.

Los Colconeros lift trophy!
atletico.png

Today, at there rivals ground, the Santiago Benabeu, Atlético produced a great win to see off brave Osasuna. Felipe was sent off just before the half hour mark and Daniel Oakes was not very impressed with his left back. Fourteen minutes later, Diego Forlan put Los Colchoneros in front with a fine finish. Atlético went in at half time and should have been quite proud with their performance along with 10 men. Oakes's side continued to dominate with less men in the second half and finally got a second when Diego Forlán knocked home his second with a solid penalty. This is the tenth time, Atlético have lifted the Copa Del Ray trophy.

AtMadridvOsasunaInformation_Overview.png

The Goals that led Atlético Madrid to Copa Del Ray glory
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwiYHKIn_5E&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - At. Madrid vs Osasuna - Forlan Goal 41st minute[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0cv4mPMxs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - At. Madrid vs Osasuna - Forlan Goal 76th minute[/ame]

Daniel Oakes said:
I am absolutely delighted to lift the trophy. We were brilliant today and I fully expect us to finish the season in the same fashion.
copadelray.png

The Copa Del Ray trophy will be in Atlético Madrid's trophy cabinet for the tenth time.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:41 AM ----------

athletico.png

April into May

After the Copa Del Ray victory, Atlético faced off against Levante. Things started off well for Atléti as Simao struck home after six minutes. Half an hour later Kun Aguero struck home to hand Los Colchoneros a very good win.

AtMadridvLevanteInformation_Overview-2.png

In the final game of April, Atlético hosted FC Porto in the Europa League Semi Final First Leg. Adam Hlousek gave Oakes's team the lead after 20 minutes. Four minutes later, Hulk scored a devastating equaliser that handed Porto an away goal. Still in the first half, just after the half hour mark, Server Jeparov struck home a real beauty to take Atlético one step closer to the final.

AtMadridvPortoInformation_Overview.png

In there next league game, Atlético Madrid travelled to Deportivo. The in-form winger Simao struck home first after just 16 minutes only for Pablo Alvarez to equalise twelve minutes later. Juan Carlos Valeron gave Deportivo the lead seven minutes after half time only for Diego Godin to equalise two minutes later. The final goal of the game was scored by Sergio Aguero as he guided Oakes's side on to a very important victory.

DeportivovAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

In their second match in the month of May, Atlético Madrid's players and fans travelled to Portugal to take on FC Porto in the 2nd Leg of their Semi Final clash. It was a poor start for Oakes's side as Hulk struck home in the first twelve minutes. Thirteen minutes later, Gili Vermut doubled Porto's lead and Oakes's side were sinking without a trace. Enzo Maresca scored the Spanish side's first goal to level up the tie at 3-3. Just before half time, centre back Diego Godin leaped above the Porto defence to guide home a header to put the away side in front in the tie. To cap the tie off, Simao struck home on the 70th minute to give Atlético Madrid a brilliant comeback and a 5-3 aggregate win.

Atlético Madrid will play Juventus in the Europa League Final

PortovAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Atlético Madrid were on an ultimate high after they reached the final of the Europa League but they had to return to league matters. Next they faced off against Málaga at home. Raphael Varane headed home after 39 minutes to give Atléti the lead. Simao doubled the lead seven minutes after half time. Sandro Silva scored for Málaga to give Oakes's team something to think about but Ryan Babel's goal just two minutes later put it down to only being a consolation.

AtMadridvMlagaInformation_Overview.png

In their next game in the league, Atlético had to travel to Santander to take on Racing Club. Manuel Arana scored the opener to put Oakes's side on the back foot. Oakes's side continued to pressure until Sergio Aguero scored the equaliser three minutes before half time. In the second half, as much as Atlético attempted they could not find a way to finish the game with a win.

RacingvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

In their final game before the massive Europa League Final clash with Juventus, Atlético hosted Hércules at the Calderón. The first goal came very quickly as Diego Godin headed home after just three minutes. For the rest of the game, it appeared that Oakes's side were hanging on and it was made even worse when Raúl Garcia was sent off. Manager Oakes will be delighted that his side hung on for the win.

AtMadridvHrculesInformation_Overview.png

Player of the Period

simiao.png

Simao is my player of the period as he has been turning in great performance after great performance. The winger has been in scintillating form, scoring four out of his last seven games.

Managers Thoughts

I am very happy with how we have played the last few matches. If we keep this form up, I can see us beating Juventus quite comfortably. All my players have been in great form and I pray we can keep it up for three games so that we can, as a team, exceed my expectations.

Last edited:
europaleagueheader.jpg

Atlético Madrid retain trophy

dublin2011.png

50,000 fans travelled to Dublin to view the Europa League Final between Atlético Madrid and Juventus. If Atlético won they would become double champions this season under Oakes after just becoming the Copa Del Ray winners last month. If Juventus won it, it would become the fourth time in their history that they have lifted this trophy. In the pre-match interview, confident Atlético manager Oakes guaranteed victory. Kick off time!

Straight from the get-go, the retaining champions were the better team. Due to Aguero being injured, Reyes was drafted in and he shot wide after just five minutes. After eleven minutes, Juventus had a free kick on the edge of the area and shot over the bar. Just before the half hour mark, Ignacio Camacho was booked for a late tackle on Iaquinta. As hard as Atléti pushed, they went into the break at 0-0. It was just seven minutes after half time that back up striker Jose Antonio Reyes struck home after a lovely Atlético move. Atléti continued to push forward in search of a second goal but it did not come. Matters were made worse when Camacho lost his temper and was sent off after his second yellow card. For the first time in his short Atlético stint, Oakes made his side play on the defensive. Defender Raphael Varane came on as they put five at the back. This was enough to hold out for their second consecutive Europa League title.

JuventusvAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

The Goal that led Atlético Madrid to Europa League glory once again

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5wkeYQYVYA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Juventus vs At. Madrid - Reyes Goal 52nd minute[/ame]

Managers Thoughts

Wow wow wow! I am absolutely ecstatic to retain the trophy with this brilliant club. I have never spent a prouder moment in all of my life. To complete the double with this win is absolutely priceless. I can take no credit myself and owe it all to my wonderful players. Two more games now, and they will be having a massive break before the start of the new season.

reyes.png

Jose Antonio Reyes must be on the top of the world after knocking home the winning strike.

Last edited:
athletico.png

Last Two Games.......

simao.png

Just two games after the brilliant win in Dublin, Atlético had to return to Spain for two away games to end the season. First off, they took on Malaga at La Rosalada. Simao struck the opening goal for Oakes's team just after the twentieth minute mark . Just one minute later, Jose Antonio Reyes made it two. Atléti were absolutely cruising when Ryan Babel made it three after 44 minutes but two goals from Málaga in added time in the first half put the result back into doubt. After half time, Atlético had to spring back into action. On the 56th minute, Simao extended Atléti's lead to two once again and put them 4-2 in front. Four minutes before the end, Jesus Gamez faced the ultimate embarassment as he put the ball into the back of his own net and Atléti fans celebrated a 5-2 victory.

MlagavAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

Highlights of a cracker at Málaga

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFqUbuvuQY"]YouTube - Malaga 2 - 5 At. Madrid - Match Highlights[/ame]

In their last game of the season, Atlético Madrid took on Mallorca. In order to finish in third place, Oakes's men had to win at Mallorca and hope that Espanyol failed to beat Sevilla at home. After 18 minutes Atlético found themselves sitting in third place as they went 1-0 up through a great Simao strike. At half time, Atlético found they had dropped back down to fourth spot as Espanyol lead Sevilla by three goals to two. Four minutes after half time, Atlético fans were cheering as Luis Fabiano had scored in Espanyol to level with the hosts at 3-3. Five minutes after the hour mark however, fans were very upset as Cavenaghi struck home from the penalty spot. The chase for third place looked well and truly over until José Antonio Reyes struck home a solid goal to send the away fans into a frenzy. This win saw Atlético grab third place in the Liga BBVA.

MallorcavAtMadridInformation_Overview.png

League Table

LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable-1.png

Manager Thoughts

I am very pleased to end the season on an ultimate high. Two wins in two tricky away games are more than I could hope for. To achieve a third place finish and an autmatic group stage berth in the Champions League next year is mouthwatering. My end of season review will highlight the highs and lows of a great season.

Diego Forlán wins Golden Boot

Diego-Forlan-001.jpg

After a long season in the Liga BBVA, Atlético Madrid striker Diego Forlan has been awarded the Golden Boot award for most goals. The Uruguayan has been in absolutely brilliant form for Daniel Oakes scoring 23 goals in 34 appearances.

Here were Diego's thoughts:

Interviewer: How do you feel to win the golden boot?

DF: I am absolutely delighted, I have been in perhaps the best form of my errrr life and I owe that all to a few people. My team mates have been fantastic this year and we all have enjoyed a great year. This caps it off. My manager Daniel oakes has been very motivating, he has been telling me where I can do better and has definitely helped me massively to win this fantastic individual trophy.

goldenboot.jpg

Diego Forlán: Golden Boot Champion 2010-11

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

150px-Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg.png

Season 2010/11 Review

Atlético Madrid

Best Line-Up

De Gea

Rafael...............Diego Godin................Tomas Ulfalusi..................Felipe

Enzo Maresca.............................Server Jeparov

Simao.................................................................................................Ryan Babel

Diego Forlan........................Sergio Aguero

Individual Winners

T
op Goalscorer - Diego Forlan with 23 goals in 34 league appearances

Top Assists - Simao with 17 in 36 league appearances

Best Player - Simao with an Average Rating of 7.43

Best Result

AtMadridvRMadridInformation_Overview-1.png

Worst Result

AtMadridvOsasunaInformation_Overview-1.png

Competition Results

Liga BBVA
- Finished in Third Place

Europa League - Winners (1-0 v Juventus in the Final)

Copa Del Ray - Winners (2-0 v Osasuna in the Final)

European Super Cup - Runners Up (0-2 v Inter Milan)

61656_443882716576_730066576_5481497_929723_n.jpg

Managers Thoughts

When I came to this club, I saw it as a club on the rise. Last season they were Europa League Champions but they only managed a lowly 9th in the league. This maybe why Flores was removed as manager. They employed me to get the squad, to begin challenging domestically, and, in time we will do that. The season just gone by is a great starting point. We won the Copa del Ray and retained the Europa League and I am ecstatic with that and I only have my team to thank. Roll on next season!

Oakes signs new 5 year deal with Atlético Madrid!

Long live Atléti!

Brilliant update again Dan. Top stuff, great year.

I hope you win league next year and retain the cup and hopefully get to CL final

You're going the right way, but to split Real and Barca at the top, you really need to improve the defence.

Absolutley fantastic update. cant wait till the next one.

athletico.png

Transfers Update from the Calderón

Daniel Oakes has been given a budget of £18 million to challenge for the Liga BBVA title this year, it has been confirmed. Three signings were confirmed to be completed on the 1st July. The first one was the signing of centre back Leonel Galeano.

galeano.png

Leonel Galeano is believed to be one of the hottest young prospects to come from Argentina in recent years. The £8 million used to sign him may be a lot now but it will prove to be a snip if he lives up to his potential.

roshicky.png

The next man that had already agreed to join Atlético was former Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky. The Czech midfielder has come in on a free transfer and surely will be a bargain for Oakes's side and will add a bit of experience to the lineup.

iturbe.png

The last signing that had agreed a deal months before was the signing of 18 year old winger Juan Iturbe. Juan is believed to be a brilliant find for Oakes and although relatively unknown, has a bright future ahead of him.

sanchez.png

The final signing of the window was undoubtedly the biggest. Alexis Sanchez arrived from Sunderland for a fee of £13.75 million. A player like Alexis would usually cost a lot more than that but it is believed that when Oakes offered the fee, he triggered a clause in Sanchez's Sunderland contract.

In addition to these four signings, Daniel Oakes also completed the signing of five very young signings, these five are believed to have only begun polaying football in the summer and in particular, Sergio Marini is believed to have a great future.

Full Transfers

CAtlticoMadridSADTransfers_History.png

I am absolutely delighted with the transfers I have made. Signings such as Sanchez and Galeano clearly show the ambition of the club. With these players, the club cannot help but move onwards and upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.