Wenger wants three more signings

Sagna has played well as LB same as Jenks has at RB

3 LB's

Gibbs - Injury Prone to say the least.
Traore - meh, pretty poor.
Sagna - a RB, when you play him left back then you have to reshuffle your entire team, which is never good.

2 RB's
Sagna
Jenkinson - inexperienced.

Sorted imo.

Still need a LB. May as well get rid of Traore imo.

If Arsenal bring in a LB it would have to be a first choice LB as there is no point paying a large amount of money for a backup when they already have decent backup. Saving money I guess. Gotta let Gibbs step up to the plate about playing first team, if he can't manage it get rid next summer

Doubt we would sell our backup as then we would have to waste money on replacing him.

He was fit on the bench against Udinese, but Wenger opted to play Sanga there out of position instead. Speaks volumes.

we dont need a LB !!!

I'm sure an injury plagued left back and a largely unproven left back are two great additions to that position and you will be just fine in that area. Agree with me or not, I think Clichy is better than Gibbs and a lot better than Traore.

Last edited:
He was fit on the bench against Udinese, but Wenger opted to play Sanga there out of position instead. Speaks volumes.

Have to say I dont rate him and i think we tried to sell him during last season when we had Clichy but no one wanted him. IF big IF Gibbs stays fit we have a great LB and imo Englands future LB

Have to say I dont rate him and i think we tried to sell him during last season when we had Clichy but no one wanted him. IF big IF Gibbs stays fit we have a great LB and imo Englands future LB

Yep, no-ones doubting that, but it's never happened before and if you want to challenge then you can't just hope that your seriously injury prone LB stays fit enough to play 40+ games in one season.

You can't just rely on hope.

He wasn't really fit. He was on the bench as an emergency, and the 20 minutes he played with the game won were to help him back to match fitness. Even so, I don't think he's good enough. Odd that we were perfectly happy to sell 2 of our LBs this summer - tried to sell Clichy last year, and did so this year and I think the plan would've been to sell Traore to Juve but he didn't play enough for various reasons. I have to say I thought he'd bring in a back-up there but hey-ho.

Agree with Wenger on this, though - we don't know about Campbell's work-permit application (should be news today? Guessing it was rejected if we're getting PCY). CB is a necessity, as is back-up for Wilshere and a wide player to replace Nasri.

GC - a "creative. driving midfielder" = Wilshere no? Back-up (similar player if poss) for him and we're sorted! PLus we have Henri Lansbury...

Oh and this:

SianyMacalarny Siân @

@LittleDutchVA Thank you. "Buy someone! Who? NO BUY SOMEONE ELSE!"

You can't just rely on hope.

We can try!

Do we not have plenty wingerss to replace him already? Theo, Gervinho, Arshavin:S, Ryo and the Ox?

Er well Arshavin isn't exactly world-class anymore, Theo and Gervinho will play largely on the RW (rotating if we get Hazard), and The Ox is 17. Hazard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ryo >>>> Arshavin ;)

Hazard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ryo >>>> Arshavin ;)

No **** ;)

also this is intresting if true: from Twitter:
Sky Sports News say Cahill likely to be on the bench for Bolton later.

Hope this means we are close to buying him :)

Any small chance of Hazard likely just went out the window, Lille are incensed that Arsenal stole their target, and given his ability to play from wide, Arsenal have seemingly stolen Hazard's potential replacement.

To me it seems more like Lille have priced Arsenal out of a move for Hazard so they have instead moved for someone else. Maybe not though.

Any small chance of Hazard likely just went out the window, Lille are incensed that Arsenal stole their target, and given his ability to play from wide, Arsenal have seemingly stolen Hazard's potential replacement.

Wouldn't Park be Gervinho's replacement?

Ahh right, Arsenal's transfers have been so dodgy with Mata and now this.

For the first time in a long while im genuinely baffled by Wenger's dealings

For the first time in a long while im genuinely baffled by Wenger's dealings

Think every football fan is. He's becoming more confusing than trying to solve a Rubiks cube puzzle