Wenger wants three more signings

Djorou was embarassing today but let's not forget that he was good last season. Arsenal went months with him starting at CB in the league without losing. Also, the defense was **** because the outside backs were **** and they didn't have DM's sitting in front of the defense to break up the ManU attack through the middle, which was relentless. Djorou then had to constantly cover for other players and that left a hole in the middle. Sure he was **** but the players around him made him much worse. If Arsenal had a good LB and good DM's that game it would have been much, much different.

I do agree though that a CB is important which is why they should get a DM who can play CB, preferably someone tall and gifted technically. Cahill would be great for that because I think he can play both positions.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

This result means Bolton will basically ask for ransom money. Arsene should cave in though this time.

No Johan was the biggest problem on the pitch, Neville was bang on with his damning assessment of him. He left Jenkinson high and dry so many times. His sending off was down to Djourou's ridiculous attempt at an offisde trap

No Johan was the biggest problem on the pitch, Neville was bang on with his damning assessment of him. He left Jenkinson high and dry so many times. His sending off was down to Djourou's ridiculous attempt at an offisde trap

Multiple other games he's been terrible too. He did his **** best to give England the game against Switzerland.

Multiple other games he's been terrible too. He did his **** best to give England the game against Switzerland.

He is not a good defender, he makes the kind of mistakes that arent good in an 18 year old. He is 24. If he cant step in and lead what is the point?

Arsene should go do some major brown nosing and pay what it requires, mainly because I wanna see Hazard in the Prem though. ^.^

40 million is definitely not worth it for one player. They don't have that kind of money.

40 million is definitely not worth it for one player. They don't have that kind of money.

They have the money. There's a very strong argument that it's the "Not value for money" idea that has got Arsenal in this mess in the first place.

I agreed he was the worst player out there today other than Traore but he was a starter last season and did fine. Anyone playing there will struggle if they don't have an LB or a DM. I'd much rather have Premier League caliber players playing at LB and DM that worrying about putting Djorou lower on the depth chart. Let's worry about their starters first (LB) before their back-ups. Cahill would be great because I think he can play both CB and DM. But after this game Bolton will want a fortune for him and he's 29. Arsenal will probably have to find someone similar.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

They have the money. There's a very strong argument that it's the "Not value for money" idea that has got Arsenal in this mess in the first place.

No way can they afford to spend 40 million on one player. It wouldn't even be a good signing for them, he's much more of a CAM than a winger. They already have two young, promising CAM's in Wilshere and Ramsey for that position. They would do much, much better to spend 20-30 million shoring up their defense than 40 on one player.

I agreed he was the worst player out there today other than Traore but he was a starter last season and did fine. Anyone playing there will struggle if they don't have an LB or a DM. I'd much rather have Premier League caliber players playing at LB and DM that worrying about putting Djorou lower on the depth chart. Let's worry about their starters first (LB) before their back-ups. Cahill would be great because I think he can play both CB and DM. But after this game Bolton will want a fortune for him and he's 29. Arsenal will probably have to find someone similar.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

No way can they afford to spend 40 million on one player. It wouldn't even be a good signing for them, he's much more of a CAM than a winger. They already have two young, promising CAM's in Wilshere and Ramsey for that position. They would do much, much better to spend 20-30 million shoring up their defense than 40 on one player.

He's much more of a winger than a CAM. He's a wide playmaker and likes to cut inside to create or take his man on down the wing, he'd be perfect to come in for Nasri.

Cahill is 25. Their biggest problem is through the middle. You can compensate for the flanks but your spine is the most important

Every gunner will tell you CB is the biggest priority. No point in getting a quality LB if your centreback cant lead the line

My players I want Arsenal to sign:

Verthongen
Tremoulinas
Marcus Berg
Valbuena/M'Villa
Danny Da Costa
Griezmann

That's my dream list, I doubt Arsene will get any of them to be perfectly honest.

Just raid Everton. Steal Baines, Jagielka and Fellaini and then get the **** out of there before ajt09 finds out

My players I want Arsenal to sign:

Verthongen
Tremoulinas
Marcus Berg
Valbuena/M'Villa
Danny Da Costa
Griezmann

That's my dream list, I doubt Arsene will get any of them to be perfectly honest.

Are you serious about this? This is your dream list? Then I put Messi on it, Pique, etc. No but have you actually seen Marcus Berg playing at PSV last season, I gues not because then he wouldn't be on your list. And he's now a sub at HSV. So why should arsenal sign him? Verthongen is a great player from my favourite team Ajax, but he's is actually quite similar to Verthongen (but defensive a little weaker, with ball better). But Verthongen could do it great as defensive midfielder for Arsenal. Tremoulinas, M'Vila and Valbuena are okay, but but then when you compare them with the current players for that positions they aren't really a reinforcement. And Griezmann and Da Costa aren't good enough IRL for arsenal.

What Arsenal need is clear: 1/2 central defender(s), left back, strong central midfielder, 1/2 attacking midfielder(s) and a striker. But when Arsenal is going to buy players like Chu-Young Park, I think it's going to be a long and hard season for me and a lot other Arsenal fans...

Are you serious about this? This is your dream list? Then I put Messi on it, Pique, etc. No but have you actually seen Marcus Berg playing at PSV last season, I gues not because then he wouldn't be on your list. And he's now a sub at HSV. So why should arsenal sign him? Verthongen is a great player from my favourite team Ajax, but he's is actually quite similar to Verthongen (but defensive a little weaker, with ball better). But Verthongen could do it great as defensive midfielder for Arsenal. Tremoulinas, M'Vila and Valbuena are okay, but but then when you compare them with the current players for that positions they aren't really a reinforcement. And Griezmann and Da Costa aren't good enough IRL for arsenal.

What Arsenal need is clear: 1/2 central defender(s), left back, strong central midfielder, 1/2 attacking midfielder(s) and a striker. But when Arsenal is going to buy players like Chu-Young Park, I think it's going to be a long and hard season for me and a lot other Arsenal fans...

Right, M'vila is more than okay, Griezmann is one of THE up and coming wingers. Certainly an improvment to your squad. He's better than Arshaving or AOC for a start

M'vila is more than 'okay'.

Yeah you're right about that, in my pessimism I went a little to far. And also Valbuena is more than 'okay'. But the only point I wanted to make is that Arsenal need some players that reinforce the squad and not some moderate players like Chu-Young Park. Because otherwise the gap with Man Utd, City and Chelsea will become irreconcilable.

Right, M'vila is more than okay, Griezmann is one of THE up and coming wingers. Certainly an improvment to your squad. He's better than Arshaving or AOC for a start

Better than Arshavin or AOC isn't that hard, Arshavin is way over the top, but I prefered to see Mata (now chelsea) or Hazard coming (to expensive, asking around 50 mln!). And you wouldn't see Griezmann play at Real or Barca.

Last edited:
Get Jagielka, get Baines, get M'Vila and get Hazard. I don't care how. Just do it.

Sell Arshavin if you have to, it's not like he is doing anything anyway.

Yeah you're right about that, in my pessimism I went a little to far. And also Valbuena is more than 'okay'. But the only point I wanted to make is that Arsenal need some players that reinforce the squad and not some moderate players like Chu-Young Park. Because otherwise the gap with Man Utd, City and Chelsea will become irreconcilable.

All of those signings reinforce the squad

Verthongen is similar to Vertonghen?

I get what you mean.

By 'dream list' I meant realistic targets who would fit into the wage structure/style.

If you remember Marcus Berg almost joined Arsenal post Euro's but went to HSV simply because he wanted 1st team football, still got alot of talent/suitors.

Valbuena/M'Villa would improve the midfield and Griezmann is one of the best young wingers in Europe.

Da Costa reason is simple, think you need a powerful backup RB with strength rather than pace/looks nice.

Re Vertonghen similar to Vermaelen: The 2 of them rose through the ranks together and play together at NT level, they're the best of friends. I can't think of a better partner at CB for Vermaelen to be honest.

Tremoulinas is better than Clichy (In my opinion) and is at the right age to come straight into the Arsenal team.

I agree with all of Jamie's suggestions except Marcus Berg who is worse than Bendtner and Chamakh, I 100% honestly think he is.

Better than Arshavin or AOC isn't that hard, Arshavin is way over the top, but I prefered to see Mata (now chelsea) or Hazard coming (to expensive, asking around 50 mln!). And you wouldn't see Griezmann play at Real or Barca.

Fabregas is on the bench at Barca. Would you not take him back?