What derbies in football you find most attractive

The whole thread and you have all missed one of the most hatred filled derbies of them all

Blues v Villa

if you would like proof, read the 2nd Decemeber 2010 morning birmingham newspapers...!

definitely Barcelona and Real Madrid man... the El Classico Derby or something else I forgot the name. Never been there before, but I can just imagine the atmosphere. Fantastic

I've been fortunate enough to go to El Classico. Absolutely magestic.
Another "heated" game I enjoy is Aberdeen - Rangers I know it's not strictly a derby but it is very heated haha.

Huddersfield v Leeds - the last few seasons have seen several with both teams being in the same division for a while. Pity Leeds went up, I enjoyed the banter from the sadsacks that support the "mighty white ***** up the road" ;)

This is also not just a 'local derby' or 'local rivalry' it goes much much deeper than that; all the way back to when Leeds were formed from the ashes of a corrupt club. The games over the last few years have seen lots of goals, action, and not just a bit of 'needle'. My very first away game back in the early 80's was at (h)Elland Rd (and we won 2-1 :D :D)

"OO to be a..."

Steaua Bucharest - Dinamo Bucharest ... i LOVE trashing Dinamo , in the game , last match killed them 7-1 hahaaha

Boca vs. River has to be number one...there is no other country in the world where so many people are for two teams. I've read statistics that say 40% of the population are Boca fans and 32% are River fans, but having lived there I can say it's much, much higher....more like 60% for Boca and 30% for River.

Of course for me, the best is Independiente vs. Racing (Argentina's second biggest derby).

But obviously the most attractive is Barcelona vs. Real Madrid, the two best teams in the world in the best league. Now with the Galacticos 2.0, all the best players in the world are on the same pitch at once.

I bet some of the German rivalries are great, though I'm not familiar with them...Werder Bremen vs. Bayern Munich maybe?

I bet some of the German rivalries are great, though I'm not familiar with them...Werder Bremen vs. Bayern Munich maybe?
Yeah, Bayern V Bremen
Bayern v Dortmund
Dortmund v Schalke
Bremen v HSV

They are the big ones IMO.

Liverpool - Manchester United however the Manchester derby last year was an absolute cracker!

Barcelona v Real Madrid - historic game for the footbal el classico

There is only one true derby.... All England Derby
Manchester United - FC United Of Manchester :D
Yea, Partizan - Dinamo and Hajduk - Red Star is ******... always... F'cin' Balkan ppl xD

celtic rangers
man u vs liverpool not a proper derby but just cause of the atmosphere
west ham vs millwall

Last edited:
celtic rangers
man u vs liverpool not a proper derby but just cause of the atmosphere
west ham vs millwall

It's the North-West derby, Manchester & Liverpool in the olden times ;) were the main manufacturing cities and were always trying to outdo eachother and then it got turned into a derby.
My history teacher taught me that.

The Arsenal v Tottenham these days are good.
Man U v Liverpool.
AC v Inter
Genoa v Samp

North London Derby
Old Firm Derby
El Classico
West Ham v Millwall
Manchester United v Liverpool

Recently.... Barcelona vs Real Madrid - Messi vs Ronaldo, Xavi vs Xabi Alonso,