YNWA v4.3 2nd season pass & move EPL, FA CUP, CHAMPS LEAGUE dominance

in Set Pieces use Right foot on left side / Left foot on right side ? or Right on Right and left on left thank you : )

in Set Pieces use Right foot on left side / Left foot on right side ? or Right on Right and left on left thank you : )

hey hangger im still far from happy with the set pieces i originally wanted to my full backs to take there side corner and pass to player who had come short in a way to keep hold of the ball and more possession but would never work the full back would just cross it into the near post.

Looks promising...try it with my valencia c.f....just one question....can we play attacking strategy at away game?

Looks promising...try it with my valencia c.f....just one question....can we play attacking strategy at away game?

cheers zulkamal, let me know how you get on or if you have any questions, to be honest i have in the past its only recently I've started to use the control mentality

Working very well for me in my Northampton save, just finished 2nd in the premiership in the 2019/20 season and won the capital one cup.

My key CM wasn't playing ball contract wise (i'm not going to be paying out 90k/week just yet with my 20,000 seater stadium thank you...), so I just sold him for £34m to Barcelona with 1 year left on his contract. Got a couple of youngsters I signed for peanuts that will hopefully fill his large boots, while the rest of my young squad continues to improve. Lets see if the title could be in reach this year!

Hey Stewey,

So I restarted my Liverpool game completely and started with the latest tactic from the beginning. I still have a leaky defence, but it's only October 2012, so hopefully once the players settled into the tactic it will get better.

My biggest frustration is that I find alot of the players still playing ridiculous long balls and losing possession!

What has been updated in version 5.4?

Thanks for the help, by the way

Working very well for me in my Northampton save, just finished 2nd in the premiership in the 2019/20 season and won the capital one cup.

My key CM wasn't playing ball contract wise (i'm not going to be paying out 90k/week just yet with my 20,000 seater stadium thank you...), so I just sold him for £34m to Barcelona with 1 year left on his contract. Got a couple of youngsters I signed for peanuts that will hopefully fill his large boots, while the rest of my young squad continues to improve. Lets see if the title could be in reach this year!

This was with 5.0, just noticed 5.4 was up so I will give that a go now and see if I do even better!

(Also annoyingly had to sell my LB for £25m as he had 1 year left on his contract and didn't want to renew for a reasonable price, so my squad is maybe a tad thin right now)

im a bit confused with the 2 inside forwards, ones set to support and the other as attack, why is this? also how come you have them both to swap? is it to confuse the tight marking and bring them out of position?

Hey Stewey,

So I restarted my Liverpool game completely and started with the latest tactic from the beginning. I still have a leaky defence, but it's only October 2012, so hopefully once the players settled into the tactic it will get better.

My biggest frustration is that I find alot of the players still playing ridiculous long balls and losing possession!

What has been updated in version 5.4?

Thanks for the help, by the way

hi Michael will be uploading the latest version of this tactic with improved possession and ball retention.
with regards to the long balls i think after a while the player will adapt and the players will only try long balls in desperate situations or at least that is the standard with my team.

and no worries about the help always happy to help and get feed back to make this tactic even better or improve on weaknesses that i read on the thread

This was with 5.0, just noticed 5.4 was up so I will give that a go now and see if I do even better!

(Also annoyingly had to sell my LB for £25m as he had 1 year left on his contract and didn't want to renew for a reasonable price, so my squad is maybe a tad thin right now)

hey tiki, just to let you know i'll be uploading the new version tonight which improves possession, ball retention and altered formation,

with regards to the lb situation this is a common recurrence in my game but with the performance of the players from the tactic the players seem to be sold for high profit and younger players brought in which was one of the points of the tactic an example on my game is selling shelvey and henderson each sold for £25m

im a bit confused with the 2 inside forwards, ones set to support and the other as attack, why is this? also how come you have them both to swap? is it to confuse the tight marking and bring them out of position?

the latest version see's the two wide man instructions changed but with regards to the inside forwards instructions was 2 fold

1. can not be man marked due to always moving infield literally turned the formation to a degree into a trequatista supported by 5 narrow midfielders right behind him overlapping interchanging and creating confusion for opp defense

2. with the support/att pairing one would push more to be a wide striker coming in to spread opp defense line and other would sit deeper and help with the build up and then swapping with would stretch the defense and bring the full backs infield which would make space for my full backs

hi Michael will be uploading the latest version of this tactic with improved possession and ball retention.
with regards to the long balls i think after a while the player will adapt and the players will only try long balls in desperate situations or at least that is the standard with my team.

and no worries about the help always happy to help and get feed back to make this tactic even better or improve on weaknesses that i read on the thread

Hey Stewie,

Dec 2nd 2012 - Sacked!! Sitting 20th in the league, without a win away from home, defence couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery. Still shipping goals all over the shop.

So I've started again, so I'll give 5.4 a go once it's up. I just can't figure it out, my defence is the defence L'pool start with (Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique), so shouldn't be so bad. Been training everyone on playing it short. Do you set any of your defenders to mark specific players during any of the games?

Thanks again for your help, always appreciated. It may be time I retire from the management game, I've lost my touch! Maybe gone a bit senile at the ol' age of 32 :)

ur 5.4 version is awsome !!!!!!!!!!!! ... played 1 season with the v5.4 at Newcastle it was a beast ... won EPL and Champions League ... and the play is very nice to watch ... amaizing ... keep it up ;) ...

Hey Stewie,

Dec 2nd 2012 - Sacked!! Sitting 20th in the league, without a win away from home, defence couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery. Still shipping goals all over the shop.

So I've started again, so I'll give 5.4 a go once it's up. I just can't figure it out, my defence is the defence L'pool start with (Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique), so shouldn't be so bad. Been training everyone on playing it short. Do you set any of your defenders to mark specific players during any of the games?

Thanks again for your help, always appreciated. It may be time I retire from the management game, I've lost my touch! Maybe gone a bit senile at the ol' age of 32 :)

wow im sorry man dont know what happened their but i think i have tightened up the defense with the latest version (6.8)

How`s the 6.0 working out ? same shouts as 5.4 ?

hey mate, there's been some improvements made at currently it is at 6.8 haha but one major negative point is the game i was using to develop the tactic is now not usable so I've had to start a new game with the mindset of one season per country and seeing where it goes from there

wow im sorry man dont know what happened their but i think i have tightened up the defense with the latest version (6.8)

Hey buddy,

I'm not sure either, but going round again with 6.1. Some feedback for you on that one though, the first thing I did was change the wingers to inside forwards, as my players seem to play better that way. I also dropped the AM to Cm again as we couldnt get a foothold on the game. I notice my CB's are set to mixed passing, which may be why they prefer to punt it!

With the 6.1, My AssMan keeps telling me during games that space between defence and midfield is too big and can be exploited. I've figured out that my defence play a little bit better if I set opposition instructions to tight making and always closing down, though in my last game against Stoke I got loads of in game messages from my AssMan saying that Walters had too much space and if he wasn't closed down blah blah blah... And was being tightly man marked as well... Any ideas?

What have you changed in the 6.8?

Hey buddy,

I'm not sure either, but going round again with 6.1. Some feedback for you on that one though, the first thing I did was change the wingers to inside forwards, as my players seem to play better that way. I also dropped the AM to Cm again as we couldnt get a foothold on the game. I notice my CB's are set to mixed passing, which may be why they prefer to punt it!

With the 6.1, My AssMan keeps telling me during games that space between defence and midfield is too big and can be exploited. I've figured out that my defence play a little bit better if I set opposition instructions to tight making and always closing down, though in my last game against Stoke I got loads of in game messages from my AssMan saying that Walters had too much space and if he wasn't closed down blah blah blah... And was being tightly man marked as well... Any ideas?

What have you changed in the 6.8?

Hey Mate yeah don't mind giving as much feedback as i can:

# Wingers: during the process of 6.1 to 6.8 i noticed as a inside forward they tended to come to narrow, didn't help to much when opp defense was pressuring and with how narrow they came in the formation practically became a very narrow 4-1-5 (2 inside forwards, att mid, center mid going for it and the striker) what seemed to happen was the opp defense tightened up and became very narrow which killed off any chance of a gap to exploit, changing few setting and having them as wingers who moved into channels when team in possession they exploited the space between the center back and his sides full back and also the space between the full back and touchline now the build up is more efficient and they get in a more the goals more also noticed from time to time that say the left winger will cross it in and the right winger seem to get on end of it to tap in at the far post.

# AM to CM: highly recommended to keep to the two CM's and AM as the team becomes more fluid with the 6.8 you'll notice the difference, the AM will always be open for the pass, his movement will cause confusion with the opp defense he will run into the box when open he can literally kill the teams off when the team is fluid with the new 6.8 have faith :p ( also make sure the AM is chosen as the playmaker and striker is target man played to feet) that might help you out more.

# Space between defense and midfield: I got these messages aswell during the 6.1 to 6.8 process along with changing team and player instructions i took the central center mid off playmaker duties this helped make sure he stayed back more often and wasn't so inpatient to bomb forward at every time we had the more in the final 3rd which helped protect the back for and kept the space between them at a good level

# Defense setting: Aswell as changing back line player settings and team instructions in the 6.8 version i have always left the opp instructions to the *** man since starting this tactic so if you haven't that might be why your defense seems to let in a fair bit of goals (if i didn't mention the *** opp instructions i apologize)

# Defense Passing: this might seem a bit confusing but here it goes; the defense passing isn't actually at mixed passing now here's why.... the defense as a whole should be well trained or in process of training into short passing ppm so the players should only smack it up-field when they feel uncomfortable with amount of pressure so that bit should explain why the defense passing should be short passing through out the game.

Now onto the slider as stated the players will always look for the short pass now the reason for the slider being so high up is that it is not the length of the pass that is being restricted here but the players vision of a pass; lets say ( if your Liverpool ) Agger has the ball he might already be looking to pass to the closest full back of center mid but up to looking they are being marked and closed down and to pass would only result in say 50-50% chance of reaching him. now with the slider where it is means that his range of passing is longer so instead of smacking it up field and hoping for the best or playing the short pass to the marked cm or full back he will put his back between the ball and any player closing him down and look to pass to the goalkeeper open center back or far side full back so in all purpose he is still passing it short by keeping it with in the back four before moving onto the next stage he is accessing the best pass out of the close options he has it could be a 5 yard pass to the goalkeeper or next center back or 20 yards to the goalkeeper or far full back but will only smack it up field in uncontrollable situations of under extreme pressure (that's the theory and how they have played the ball for my team).

Too Much Space: this bit i am yet to find a full solution that doesn't jeopardize the team structure initially i thought if i moved the closing down high for the CM it would take out that treat but ironically it cause the team structure to fall apart and that little bit of space was now enormous due to two CM's being pulled all over the pitch and went on to losing that game so that is one of the next targets i need to fix or turn it into a less frequent occurrence.

# Changes to 6.8 As i am not on my laptop i cant remember all the changes i have made but will do my best to list some of them here

Team Settings
# Defense line
# Width
# Tempo
# Time wasting
# Player maker and target man choice

# Player settings have been changed.Team Possession, Passing, Pressure, Chances, Keeping Shape has been improved.