2012 - End of the World

Do you think the world will end?

• Total voters
http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=1624
well if things like this are true, maybe the mayans might have a point, but to be fair, who knows whats true and what isnt in the world. i dont know either way, but researching these kind of things is interesting :)

I love this Mayan theory.....

Didn't the Mayans expire hundreds of years ago any way? and has any one ever thought that the bloke doing the Calendar got a bit sick and tired of doing it?

And all these Natural Disasters.....They've been happening since the dawn of time, it's just there wasn't a reporter to report it to us.

No chance

Wish people would stop crying about it all over Facebook, if they honestly think the worlds going to end in a year, why are they in sitting on facebook, updating status' about it and not going out and doing whatever they can to fulfill their pathetic, deluded lives

Of course it will, a planet that nobody has ever seen is going to crash into the earth.......seriously though, people that believe this are idiots

Hopefully, would be interesting to watch.

Honestly this is getting annoying. The people that keep asking this, I hope their world ends in 2012.

End of the world in 2012 will be if we wont have FM12 :p, or you will get hit by a car and wont make it to 2012 XD

the world could end next year if that crazy iranian president push the red button and nukes the
world

do i believe the world would end in 2012 no

i do believe that the will be lot more natural disasters yes

only three things that could end the world next year
some crazy dude push the red button, big comet or mother nature

Before the world ends, I want to play FM2012 (H)

Don't think so, Malaysia should be safe :)

This is the biggest load of rubbish ever. Didn't people say that in the year 2000 the world was going to end....but we are still here.

Having said that it would be slightly embarrasing for me if it did happen

I don't think it will end but apparently the Mayans predicted...
-Great Birds will come from the sky and end a great city to the north at 9/11/01.
Fact: 2 airplanes(birds) struck the twin towers of NewYork(great city), a city to the north.
They also apprently predicted WW1 and 2 cant find a solid link but it was apparently events in their calenders.
About the end of the world, it is bound to happen sometime but the mayans predicted storms and wars in the running to the end of the world, so far we had Korea and North Korea fighting, Libya, Israel, Afghanistan, Iraq. Natural disaster, Japan, Thailand, the Volcano that went off last year and yellowstone, the super volcano in America, is way over due to errupt.
It is certainly something to think about.

Personally I am neither for or against, there are so many things to back the mayans up but it seems so ludicrous how they would be able to predict such a massive event

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

This is the biggest load of rubbish ever. Didn't people say that in the year 2000 the world was going to end....but we are still here.

Having said that it would be slightly embarrasing for me if it did happen

2000 was infact a serious concern. The Y2K was the Problem, not knowing if missiles would be sent off or if all computers stopped as they were unsure if the Clocks on computers controlling missiles etc would go to the year 19100 (99-100, 19 99 19 100) which may have triggered some nasty missiles off in any dierctions. Thankfully it never only a few things went wrong nothing major though.

-Great Birds will come from the sky and end a great city to the north at 9/11/01.
Fact: 2 airplanes(birds) struck the twin towers of NewYork(great city), a city to the north.
They also apprently predicted WW1 and 2 cant find a solid link but it was apparently events in their calenders.
About the end of the world, it is bound to happen sometime but the mayans predicted storms and wars in the running to the end of the world, so far we had Korea and North Korea fighting, Libya, Israel, Afghanistan, Iraq. Natural disaster, Japan, Thailand, the Volcano that went off last year and yellowstone, the super volcano in America, is way over due to errupt.

Personally I am neither for or against, there are so many things to back the mayans up but it seems so ludicrous how they would be able to predict such a massive event

i find this stuff fascinating

Another thing I found is this...

"The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely rare Winter Solstice – with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun) – what the ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT. December 21, 2012 will not mark the end of the world or a similar catastrophe – as they would have us believe."
This cycle happens every 26,000 years, this is what the mayans may have predicted

2000 was infact a serious concern. The Y2K was the Problem, not knowing if missiles would be sent off or if all computers stopped as they were unsure if the Clocks on computers controlling missiles etc would go to the year 19100 (99-100, 19 99 19 100) which may have triggered some nasty missiles off in any dierctions. Thankfully it never only a few things went wrong nothing major though.

Of course, they were a very clever and intelligent people, and some of the things they've predicted beggar belief, but for them to predict the absolute end of the planet thousands of years beforehand just seems...a bit much, if you know what I mean.

There was more evidence to predict Y2K, because it was completely unprecedented that meant it was a very, very real threat. Thankfully it didn't happen though, as you said, but Y2K was much more likely to happen than 2012, IMO.