2012 - End of the World

Do you think the world will end?

• Total voters
Didn't realise we had 75 people on this forum who could predict the future. How do you all know for certain the world isn't going to end in 2012? ;)

If we're talking about the Mayans, Planet X, etc then all of that is complete nonsense.

"View Poll Results: Do you think the world will end?"

The Mayans ceased to exist due to the Spanish invasion, so inevitably, someone to continue the calendar ceased to exist. I'm sure that the Mayans would of been somewhat pre-occupied with trying to stay alive than bother to think "ooh, the calendar needs updating... I better crack on with it."
So no, I don't believe that the worlds end will coincide with the end of the Mayan calendar.

Is anyone here a Muslim... ?
I am and in our religion we say Just Allah knows when the world will end . :)

Is anyone here a Muslim... ?
I am and in our religion we say Just Allah knows when the world will end . :)

Yeah, and it's the same In Christianity and Judaism....Only God Knows, if there is one, naturally.

2012 yet again. I honestly do find this tedious beyond belief. Sorry, but thats how I feel.
The only way the world could end in 2012 is by an all out nuclear war, where the only things left would be cockroaches. Or, we wait for the sun to expend its fuel source, where it'll become a red giant, then either collapse and become a black hole, or simply explode and become a nova. And besides, human life would've probably become extinct by then.
So, thats my 2p worth

Supersticious bollocks.

Stop worrying - you'll live longer.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that there are three whole pages here of people actually explaining why they think the world won't end in 2012?

the three pages includes historic (i won't say facts) points as well

I think deep down everybody knows the world will not end , (or it may end but people don't think it will is another way to phrase it) , those who voted yes on the poll can't seriously think that the world will end next year , if they did then surely they could find better things to do than be on a Football Manager Forum?

there is still so much life to live for. so no point of being scared of crazy 2012, even if i respect the Mayans for making the first calendar.

just becasue of bizzare events, like japan tsumani, or like be the haiti earthquake, people assuming its 2012. come on people ftw.

thats y their will be 2014 brizil WC, 2018 russia WC, and football will still be alive forever

there is still so much life to live for. so no point of being scared of crazy 2012, even if i respect the Mayans for making the first calendar.

just becasue of bizzare events, like japan tsumani, or like be the haiti earthquake, people assuming its 2012. come on people ftw.

thats y their will be 2014 brizil WC, 2018 russia WC, and football will still be alive forever

These Bizarre events are the norm. These people getting worried about should study it, and study the history of these events and they will realise that this has happened before....and it will happen again....

In 1340, im sure people in southern England didn't know about a flood in the North of England, let alone some crazy things going on in Asia

^ this

The calendar had to end at some point.

Sure, human have invented the calender. ;)
The calender has nothing to do with such a things.
We just using it to indicate data.
Human does not live long on earth yet either.
If the world would exist 24 hours, human are there for 15 seconds at this moment.

Things that happened in the past (they think that happend), could happen again, sure.
Like a huge meteorite hits earth, or a supervulcan that erupts.
Just happen very rarely.
The universe is just massive, and so it earth.
Nature rules and does his thing.

The only thing that is strange is like some people call God.
There are lots of common things in different ages, and calling them different names and such.
Maybe aliens are those Gods, and helped us, did things at earth.

How strange are the equal buildings in Egypt and other civilizations?

Check Ancient Aliens at Youtube. Amazing theory's there.
That are documentary's from Discovery I guess, not a amateur thing.

Last edited:
These Bizarre events are the norm. These people getting worried about should study it, and study the history of these events and they will realise that this has happened before....and it will happen again....

In 1340, im sure people in southern England didn't know about a flood in the North of England, let alone some crazy things going on in Asia

nice one mate

Don't even see the big deal over a calendar ending. How long did we expect the poor bastards to keep chiselling for?

man i sure hope so its one thing to die but to die on all the world dies that is sth else also i have achieved what i wanted from life till now so there aren't many things for me to demonstrate it will be fun to see what happens now that our resources are running out and wars conflicts breaking out and the natural disasters can't wait i do not fear death

P.S:Death is a normal thing only humans make it sad and whining.This is the life no one ever gets out of it alive sooner or later we will all rest in peace.

all superstitious idiocy. Anyone who actually believes this is a grade A idiot