2012 - End of the World

Do you think the world will end?

• Total voters
technically true, by then though the Human race will be long gone. End of the world as we know is predicted is 2012. Polar shifts could cause us to become extinct due to the intense cold weather.

it's god's mighty plan

No, its barely even a theory.

I also find this stuff interesting, but there are always holes to be picked in theories like this. I read about an Indian tribe recently that predicted a lot of incredible things, but it is all related to how you translate them. I think they predicted a giant, iron snake spreading across america - this is widely considered to be the railroad but maybe they were just making wild and vague predictions that can be translated in a number of ways. You rarely hear about the predictions that didn't come true

La Di Da Di, we likes to party

We don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody

I also find this stuff interesting, but there are always holes to be picked in theories like this. I read about an Indian tribe recently that predicted a lot of incredible things, but it is all related to how you translate them. I think they predicted a giant, iron snake spreading across america - this is widely considered to be the railroad but maybe they were just making wild and vague predictions that can be translated in a number of ways. You rarely hear about the predictions that didn't come true
thats why i call it barely a theory, you can read any context into it, same way any fundamentalist can take the Bible or Koran and make it justify any action they take

I doubt it will end in 2012, the Bible has made more accurate predictions than the Mayans, not sure why there is so much hype about it

Some logical explanations why the Mayans stopped doing the calendar during 21 December 2012
1. That calendar ran out of space as it needs to keep in a circular shape
2. That calendar maker suddenly suffered a heart attack just after he finished making until 21 December 2012
3. The Mayans don't know the date after 21 December 2012
4. Suddenly a war broke up and the Mayan stopped making the calendar

Another thing I found is this...

"The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely rare Winter Solstice – with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun) – what the ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT. December 21, 2012 will not mark the end of the world or a similar catastrophe – as they would have us believe."
This cycle happens every 26,000 years, this is what the mayans may have predicted

Exactly. The Mayan calendar predicts an end on 21/12/2012. Their calendar ran in cycles called Ba'k'tun. 21st Dec is the end of the 13th cycle of Ba'k'tun. There are also Mayan writings about the start of the 14th Ba'k'tun, guess when it starts, yeah 22nd Dec 2012.

I love people reading parts of things and twisting into loads of bullshit.

i cant believe people actually come up with this ****. they said in the 2000 all the computers will shut down and everything will stop working. and why is 2012 special whats wrong with 2011 or 2013 or everydate year from now until we all die. someone really has to much time on their hands or myabe they dont think they have too much time lol

And all these "facts" about them predicting 9/11 is also nonsense. Show us the proof of these predictions. The only place these predictions are mentioned is online from crackpot websites or discussion forums in which one person mentions the "facts" in a discussion like this one. Its unsubstantiated.

Infact, heres one for every one FM-Base.

On this day, 19th March, 2011, I predict that in the year of 2030, a great wave of devastation will hit, causing much unrest.

Now lets have google archive this page, lets talk about it on other forums and in 2030, maybe another tsunami will hit. I have predicted it. Though maybe there will be a forest fire and people will lose their homes, I have predicted it. Infact maybe there will be a war, maybe its WW3, I have predicted it. Maybe someone will actually wave at someone and they will take umbridge due to a previous falling out and this will cause a family to argue more, I have predicted it.

You can read anything into anything and find some answer to a question that was never asked.

The world will end one day and there are many theories of why. One being the whole 2012 prediction by the mayans and others including religous apocalypses. E.g. the Christian apocalypse of which Lucifer will rise up and face god and the world will be destroyed in the cross-fire. It is thought that at the end of the world, you will be will your loved ones again and be judged by God.

Will it end in 2012? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? Will it end tomorrow? Maybe, Maybe not. Who knows when it will end. I just want to be there to see it.

The world will end one day and there are many theories of why. One being the whole 2012 prediction by the mayans and others including religous apocalypses. E.g. the Christian apocalypse of which Lucifer will rise up and face god and the world will be destroyed in the cross-fire. It is thought that at the end of the world, you will be will your loved ones again and be judged by God.

Will it end in 2012? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? Will it end tomorrow? Maybe, Maybe not. Who knows when it will end. I just want to be there to see it.

*cries* ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! *cries*

:':)':)'(

My FM always seems to crash at the end of 2012...

Coincidence? I think not.

YEESS, Jesus is coming for us. Be afraid of his mighty hand. He will kill us all and then he'll resurrect some of us. But 99% of you will burn in ****.
NO!

The human life will end, but I don't think that it will be in 2012. There is a difference between the end of the human being and the end of the earth. Humans will definitely die out one day, if we don't change our life style. But we have a little bit time left

^ It is guaranteed to end in the next 50-100 years if we carry on like this.

The world will end in the middle east.

No chance

Wish people would stop crying about it all over Facebook, if they honestly think the worlds going to end in a year, why are they in sitting on facebook, updating status' about it and not going out and doing whatever they can to fulfill their pathetic, deluded lives

Exactly!

But, no i don't think the world will end in 2012. The Mayans vanished centuries ago, so it's only natural that the mayan calender ends someday.

Didn't realise we had 75 people on this forum who could predict the future. How do you all know for certain the world isn't going to end in 2012? ;)

If we're talking about the Mayans, Planet X, etc then all of that is complete nonsense.