A New Man On Tyneside - A Newcastle United Story

More Awards!

****** **** I really should have waited a bit longer!

So we have been given some awards regarding the Champions League!

View attachment 402370

So Volland got the best player winner of the cup, definitely down to his 9 goals he scored for us on our way to winning the cup!

Those 9 goals also got him this...

View attachment 402369

Lovelyyyy! Really thought someone would have scored more than 9 goals in the cup, but clearly I was wrong and you don't need players to! Volland really is one of the best strikers around!

He also got into this as well!

View attachment 402368

Our excellent performances through the cup clearly show who was the cause of them! As we dominate the dream team and have 7 of them being Toon players! All of them I cannot complain with and definitely agree they deserve to be!​

Start of Pre-Season

So the new season is now under way and we have our friendlies for pre-season organised...

View attachment 402281

Looking at these fixtures we should definitely be winning them all, and all of them strongly as well, only really Bremen may pose a slight challenge against us but I am sure we will still batter them!

------------------------------

Squad

Now onto the squad...

View attachment 402280

Well in my opinion after the end of last season I think we have quite a bit to do now.

GK:

Of course not with GK as we have ter Stegen coming in but Krul and McCarthy with most likely leave so we will need to bring in a suitable back up.

RB:

No changes needed here as Mayke and Debuchy are literally perfect for this team and do not need replacing.

LB: Of course Santon is still our first choice, but Haidara really isn't up to my standards anymore so maybe I will bring in a young guy with potential to back up Santon

CB:

So CB is perfectly fine, but I think I am going to let Coloccini leave so he can actually get first team game time somewhere before he retires, so will bring in someone to replace him.

MC:

A lot of the players declined over the summer, and now Ekdal isn't up to standard, and maybe Tiote will leave as well, and Salifu will not be staying so 1 or 2 new CMs wil need to be brought in.

AMR:

Of course Ben Arfa is still class and will remain my first choice, but Hahn is not up to my standards anymore so will be leaving but a back up will be needed to be brought in

AMC:

We still don't really have a natural AMC so I will aim to bring someone in, and rotate them with Sissoko

AML:

Gauld and Ince both had a good season, but I feel it would be better for us if we brought someone in with better quality now, so I will most likely bring someone in, loan out Ince, and keep Gauld as back up.

ST: Of course Volland is just pure class so he will be my first choice for many seasons to come, but I am not confident with my back ups, so will most likely loan out Vydra and bring someone else to be a back up along side Borini

Summary

So we have quite a few positions that need improving, but luckily we have the funds to do it so I believe we will definitely be able to afford to bring in the quality players we require to push for the title!

Next Update

So next update will be to review the end of our pre-season and have a quick look at how we did, then the update of course will be the transfer update! I have made a few transfers already, 2 you know about in Ter Stegen and Coric, but also a couple you dont know about and will to wait to find out about! Haha!​

Amazing up date there Adam. Thoroughly enjoy the effort you put into this. Please keep us updated!

Amazing up date there Adam. Thoroughly enjoy the effort you put into this. Please keep us updated!

Cheers man! Glad you are enjoying it! Just about to do the pre-season update, then onto the transfer update, and there has been A LOT of money coming into the club! Including a very big money deal bringing someone in!

End of Pre-Season

So as we ended up with quite a lot of transfer activity at the club I decided to give control of the team to the assistant manager during friendlies, and to be honest I was quite disappointed with a few of the results:

View attachment 401886

Obviously disappointed with the draws with Frankfurt and Millwall, but I am also extremely disappointed with the loss to Rapid Wien, who are a team we should have definitely beaten! But I can let him off slightly as for the first few games the players were extremely tired and with new players in they were also trying to gel into the team. Pleased we beat Sporting and Bremen though!

Club Update

So yet again I went to the board to request some improvement within the club...

All of which are improvement for the youth side of the club...

View attachment 401884

Firstly they agreed to improve our youth recruitment budget and it well eventually be considered well established! Of course I will continue to try and improve this so it gets to the best it possibly can be!

View attachment 401885

Then they agreed to increase our Junior Coaching Budget and it should reach an excellent level!

Champions Cup Group Draw

So if you remember last year we had an incredibly hard group with Dortmund, Porto and Ajax... and we played amazingly and won all 6 games! Well this season I think we probably have the easiest group!

View attachment 401826

This is definitely a very easy group which we should have no problem with getting out of! I think that only really Fiorentina are our main rivals in this group and that we should easily dispatch of Basel and Feyenoord and will this will hopefully help us on the road to retaining this cup!

Other Groups

View attachment 401824

View attachment 401809

A lot of the groups are quite well spread out this season as I believe that most of them seem to have 2 stand out teams who will fight it out for the top 2 positions, and then 2 lesser teams who will fight it out for 3rd and to get into the Euro Cup!

My Predictions

Group A:

WinnerPSG
Runner UpPorto

Group B:

WinnerNewcastle
Runner UpFiorentina

Group C:

WinnerReal Madrid
Runner UpDortmund

Group D:

WinnerChelsea
Runner UpAtletico

Group E:

WinnerBarcelona
Runner UpShakhtar

Group F:

WinnerMonaco
Runner UpManchester United

Group G:

WinnerBayern
Runner UpJuventus

Group H:

WinnerMan City
Runner UpBenfica

Will be interesting to see what happens! As I have just looked and I actually got half of the group predictions exactly right! Wooo! Lets see if I can do better this season! Haha

Transfer Update

Thats right! Its finally time for me to show you who I managed to spend 148 Million on this summer! I have managed to completely revitalize the team with these signings and I am sure we now a squad capable of winning the league!

Lets have a look shall we!

View attachment 401807

So as you can see we brought in a wide range of players, for a very large range of amounts with the smallest fee being paid at 3.1 Million and the highest being 50 Million!

So first of all we have the 2 transfers which you already knew about:

View attachment 401806

View attachment 401805

Marc-Andre ter Stegen

This big German goalkeeper is in my opinion, potentially one of the best goalkeepers in the world and I was amazing I managed to bring him in on a free! He will of course be my first choice keeper as we have seen Krul leave us for Monaco for a nice 30 Million! Good trade if you ask me!

View attachment 401801

View attachment 401800

Ante Coric

Now this young Croatian was also brought in on a free and I see him more as a future player, more than someone who can make a difference for us now, which is why I have loaned him out to Millwall where I hope he will be able to get the first team experience he needs!

Now down to the ones you didn't know about until now!!

GK: So as Krul and McCarthy have both left and we would only have ter Stegen I decided we needed a new goalie... and seeing this guy also on a free I thought he would be a perfect back up!

View attachment 401798

View attachment 401797

Oliver Baumann

So we now have 2 German goalkeepers in our ranks! I did think about tying up a deal for him before the summer but with no knowing the futures of Krul and McCarthy I didn't see the point, but once they left I saw him as the perfect back up to ter Stegen, 2 German goalies!

RB: No one was brought in as I am perfectly happy with Debuchy and Mayke!

LB: I was not confident in Haidara's ability to step up if Santon got injured or suspended so decided to let him leave and was very happy we managed to get 5 Million for him! But now this left us without a suitable back up so to Southampton I went for this young man!

View attachment 401794

View attachment 401793

Luke Shaw

A good player already and with plenty of room to go I see him as the perfect back up to Santon! He is still young so I don't want to put first team pressure on him yet but can definitely see him taking first choice from Santon in the near future!

CB: Originally I was happy with the choices I already had but with Coloccini wanting to leave I would then be left with just 3 centre backs so I needed to bring someone else in... can't believe how cheap I got this guy!

View attachment 401792

View attachment 401791

Marquinhos

Couldn't believe it when I was able to get this guy for just 10 Million! Great young centre back who I believe is already able to step up to the mark! Can safely say, along with Balanta and Denswil, it will be a while before I need to sign a centre back again!

CM: Now this position was a bit of an issue due to Anita and Tiote declining slightly and being close to their 30's, and also Ekdal leaving for 15 Million! When I signed him for 750k! It left me quite short handed so decided it would be a good idea to bring in someone who can make an instant impact... which is why when I saw him I just had to have him...

View attachment 401790

View attachment 401789

Lucas Romero

He may have cost me 50 Million but at 21 what a player he already is! An absolutely world class centre mid and with potential to grow I can seriously see him becoming one of the best in the world! Him and Romero are going to become a deadly partnership!

-----

Also thought it would be a good idea to bring in someone young, who could play against some of the weaker sides and play well, but also has room to grow, always been a fan of this guy, and when I saw how cheap could get him for I just had to!

View attachment 401788

View attachment 401787

George Thorne

Good youngster who many not feature much for us this season but I can see him being a big part of our squad in the future! May loan him out if he gets less time than I think he would get.

AMR: Decided that Hahn wasn't good enough for us anymore so let him got to Wolfsburg for 11 Million, a lovely profit of 8.9 Million! But this left us with just Ben Arfa, who is still my first choice but thought it would be good to bring in a back up, and as he was transfer listed, I thought he would be perfect!

View attachment 401782

View attachment 401781

Mohamed Salah

Only played 3 games in 2 seasons for Chelsea so can see why he wanted to leave! Still young at 23 and also has room to grow as well! Will definitely get a good amount of games for us as I do rate him!

AMC: We never really actually had a standout AMC last season as Sissoko is technically a MC, but I now chosen to play him in MC so this left us with no one to really play AMC, and I have been watching this guy for a while and see him as a perfect fit for us!

View attachment 401774

View attachment 401773

Ross Barkley

The young englishman had been on my shortlist ever since I took over at Newcastle and it was always my aim to sign him eventually, and for a young englishman who has lots of potential and in my opinion will definitely be a regular for England, 20 Million is an absolute bargain!

AML: Decided it would be better for Ince to go out on loan to get more game time, so as this left me with just Gauld I thought it might be a good opportunity to bring someone in who can fight it out with him for first choice, and I cannot wait to see this guy play for...

View attachment 401772

View attachment 401771

Raheem Sterling

Another young English talent joins our ranks and I think he will probably be my first choice over Gauld slightly, but if Gauld impresses me when he plays that could easily change, but will definitely be here many years to come so with him and Gauld I definitely do not need to worry about this position for a while now!

ST: Vydra was moaning he wasn't getting enough game time, which to be honest I agree with so decided to let him out on loan, but as this left me with just Volland and Borini, I decided to bring in someone else who is of great quality, step up another English talent!

View attachment 540190

View attachment 401770

Danny Welbeck

A player I believe who can be Englands future main striker, Welbeck was a steal at just 12.5 Million in my opinion! Even though he only played 18 league games last season he still scored 13 goals which is a great return in my opinion! Be good to see if Volland plays even better now we have someone who could possibly challenge him for first choice!

Squad

So this is the squad we now have...

View attachment 401769

So I have to admit I definitely think this has to be one of the strongest teams around, especially in depth! We have players in every position who can step up and play well for us if our first choice is out which is great to have! Definitely looking forward to seeing this team perform this season!

Other Transfers

June

View attachment 401768

July

View attachment 401767

August

View attachment 401766

September

View attachment 401765

So of course we made the biggest money signing Lucas Romero for 50 Million, but Man Utd were not far behind with the signing of Cavani from PSG for 43.5 Million who I cannot wait to see in the Premier League!​

Wow what a huge outlay Adam - it will be interesting to see how you get on with Romero. Barkley is one player i'm very keen to get my hands on. Ultimately, i see him as the long term replacement for HBA. How are your tactics holding up - have you had to do much tinkering as the games progressed?

I've managed to kick off my NUFC and things are looking surprisingly very good! Currently into Jan and we are top of the league by 10 points having only drawn one and lost two. In the tactical department i'm certainly no Mourinho or Guardiola so i decided to use some of the pre-made tactics in the forum. I stumbled across a 4-2-3-1 tactic similar to yours and it's clicked perfectly. HBA is destroying it as an AM playing behind the striker and also Remy and Goofy on the wingers are looking very very good. Only criticisms are the strikers - seem to be constantly rotating between Cisse and DeJong with neither proving very fruitful. I'm looking at adapting a second tactic into the fold as i've heard the ME wises up pretty quickly and there is no guarantee as to how long this will last.

As strange as it is to say, i'd actually hope we didn't win the league this year as i feel it would take away some of the challenge that i've had with previous NUFC saves but if we do i won't look a gift horse in the mouth!

No transfers to speak of but i've got my summer targets in mind. Most likely is i won't end up keeping either Remy and DeJong and both will need to be replaced - also don't see Cisse really featuring in longterm plans. I'm largely going to be trying to focus on British talent and i've got Towsend, Barkley and Callum MacManaman in my sites - the one exception to that rule though is going to be Lukaku.

Before i started on this save i planned on it being one for the longhaul and aiming to turn NUFC into a dynasty ala Fergie. Lukaku has also been central to that and i want him to lead my plan and basically smash Shearer's goal scoring record turning Romelu into a Tyneside god - i did the same with Adam Campbell in FM13 but it turns out in this version the makers have caught up to the reality that Campbell isn't actually that good. I might keep him for backup but Rom's going to be the top man.

Let us know how the new season is going - HWTL!!

Wow what a huge outlay Adam - it will be interesting to see how you get on with Romero. Barkley is one player i'm very keen to get my hands on. Ultimately, i see him as the long term replacement for HBA. How are your tactics holding up - have you had to do much tinkering as the games progressed?

I've managed to kick off my NUFC and things are looking surprisingly very good! Currently into Jan and we are top of the league by 10 points having only drawn one and lost two. In the tactical department i'm certainly no Mourinho or Guardiola so i decided to use some of the pre-made tactics in the forum. I stumbled across a 4-2-3-1 tactic similar to yours and it's clicked perfectly. HBA is destroying it as an AM playing behind the striker and also Remy and Goofy on the wingers are looking very very good. Only criticisms are the strikers - seem to be constantly rotating between Cisse and DeJong with neither proving very fruitful. I'm looking at adapting a second tactic into the fold as i've heard the ME wises up pretty quickly and there is no guarantee as to how long this will last.

As strange as it is to say, i'd actually hope we didn't win the league this year as i feel it would take away some of the challenge that i've had with previous NUFC saves but if we do i won't look a gift horse in the mouth!

No transfers to speak of but i've got my summer targets in mind. Most likely is i won't end up keeping either Remy and DeJong and both will need to be replaced - also don't see Cisse really featuring in longterm plans. I'm largely going to be trying to focus on British talent and i've got Towsend, Barkley and Callum MacManaman in my sites - the one exception to that rule though is going to be Lukaku.

Before i started on this save i planned on it being one for the longhaul and aiming to turn NUFC into a dynasty ala Fergie. Lukaku has also been central to that and i want him to lead my plan and basically smash Shearer's goal scoring record turning Romelu into a Tyneside god - i did the same with Adam Campbell in FM13 but it turns out in this version the makers have caught up to the reality that Campbell isn't actually that good. I might keep him for backup but Rom's going to be the top man.

Let us know how the new season is going - HWTL!!

Yeah I am really hoping he is able to provide the quality I think he is worth! Yeah Barkley is a player I have always wanted to get, so was so happy when I got him! Not really actually! Sometimes I play a more attacking style of football depending on how weak the other team is, but usually I am still sticking with the same tactic!

Wow well done! Yeah I am not sure what it is about 4231 but it just seems to work so perfectly for Newcastle! HBA is a class player, I always switch around where he plays and I tend to switch him between AMC and AMR! Yeah I had the same issue with strikers in my first season! They were all pretty poor and I definitely advise picking up a new star striker in the summer!

Was going to say... kind of glad we didn't as I though it would take the challenge away but definitely wouldn't have complained!

As you can see from my transfers, Welbeck turns into a good striker and is doing well for me so far so I definitely advise taking a look at him!

Yeah that is my aim as well! Can definitely see Newcastle being a team I want to stick with for a long time to come, and I can see Volland doing the same for me with how is he playing! Unfortunately Adam Campbell hasn't developed well for me either so that is why he keeps being loaned out... and unless he has some incredible development period for me I can't see him staying with us for much longer... especially as we already have Volland, Borini and Welbeck, all of who are still pretty young and have room to develop!

Update for August should be out sometime today when I am back from Uni! If you want to know about how any players have developed, at Newcastle or not just ask! :)

Another great update pal, have loved reading this story as you know.

Some very impressive signings for the new European Champions :) Barkley turns into an absolute machine, I'm in 2020 on my save and is tearing it up with utd....Volland and Sissoko have also had very very impressive seasons..24 goals from a midfielder is an impressive return.

Congrats on the success and Keep up the great work.

Another great update pal, have loved reading this story as you know.

Some very impressive signings for the new European Champions :) Barkley turns into an absolute machine, I'm in 2020 on my save and is tearing it up with utd....Volland and Sissoko have also had very very impressive seasons..24 goals from a midfielder is an impressive return.

Congrats on the success and Keep up the great work.

Haha glad you have been enjoying it mate!

Oooo well I cant wait to see him develop for us! Can definitely see him making a big impact for us already! Yeah think unfortunately Sissoko's goal scoring may go down this season though with him not really getting to play AMC now! But I am sure he will still manage a few from MC!

Cheers :)

August

So it was our first month of competitive fixtures with our new players... lets see what happened!

View attachment 400957

EASY!!! And some silverware already this season after just 4 games! Can't complain about that!

View attachment 400956

View attachment 400955

MOTM: Kevin Volland (Newcastle United)

Great way to kick off the season as we dominate Liverpool and get a big win we definitely deserved! Right from the off I could tell we were up for it as we just hammered their goal with shots! Liverpool never really had a chance this game and I can definitely see why they finished mid table last season if they play like that! Shame Sterling couldn't get a goal against his former team!

View attachment 400952

View attachment 400951

MOTM: Danny Welbeck (Newcastle United)

After the performance against Liverpool and that Palace only just survived relegation last season I knew that we would be able to rip them apart, and we did! Although we had pretty poor finishing in the first half and they made us pay when former Newcastle player Sammy Ameobi scored on a counter attack! But we went on from there and showed why we are European Champions!

View attachment 400948

View attachment 400947

MOTM: Davide Santon (Newcastle United)

Even though we got the win I am actually disappointed with this result for 2 reasons. 1 is that Derby were extremely poor and we were very good in this game and deserved to win by 4 or 5! But we just could not finish so obviously disappointed about that! And 2, being a Leicester fan I wanted us to absolute annihilate them! Still pleased we got the win though in the end!

View attachment 400945

View attachment 400944

MOTM: Eder Alvarez Balanta (Newcastle United)

I had actually forgot we had this game until we came to it! And we battered Arsenal to get our first piece of Silverware! I don't think Arsenal were expecting us to dominate them as much as they went for a very attacking mentality this game and it very much back fired as whenever they got the ball we closed them down, took it back and immediately went on the attack ourselves! Paid off very well as we managed to get a good convincing win!

League

View attachment 400943

Season end now please? After the perfect start to this month we sit top of the table, even though its joint 1st we are still top! I am sure that the depth and strength of this squad definitely has the quality to go on and keep 1st place and that would be amazing for us to do that! Come on Newcastle!

Best Player of August

View attachment 400942

Hatem Ben Arfa

I had plenty of bids for the Frenchman of close to 40 Million over the summer from the likes of PSG, Monaco and Madrid but instantly they were all turned down! And he repaid my faith in wanting to keep him here with an excellent first month to the season with 2 goals and 1 assist! Definitely sure he will have a great season for us again and if possible I want to keep him here till he retires, and then if possible keep him here as a coach! Just love him!​

Isn't Ben Arfa about 29/30 in your game now? I would have dashed him out of the club for 40Mil & then brought him back as a coach when he retires lol.

Well done on winning the CL. Good start this season as well & judging from the performances against Arsenal & Liverpool I don't think winning the league is out of the question this season.

Isn't Ben Arfa about 29/30 in your game now? I would have dashed him out of the club for 40Mil & then brought him back as a coach when he retires lol.

Well done on winning the CL. Good start this season as well & judging from the performances against Arsenal & Liverpool I don't think winning the league is out of the question this season.

28 :p Yeah it did make me think but he is just always so good and consistent for me, and I would have no idea who to bring in that would be good enough to replace!

Yeah they were excellent wins, its just a matter of whether we can do it against Utd, City and Chelsea as they are the 3 teams who are going to be challenging for the title alongside us!

September

View attachment 399696

Well.... this month was appalling!

-----
-------------------------

View attachment 399695

View attachment 399694

MOTM: Guram Kashia (Southampton)

Very disappointing result as we were the much more dominant side and really should have won this! A very common theme this month is this as we dominate games but just cannot finish! We managed just 3 shots on target from our 16 shots.

View attachment 399693

View attachment 399692

MOTM: Fabio Borini (Newcastle United)

Should have been a lot more comfortable due to the whole lots of shots, hardly any on target blah blah blah, but still, we get off to a good start in the Champions League with a win we deserve!

View attachment 399691

View attachment 399690

MOTM: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (Newcastle United)

Now this is the only result this month where it was probably what it was supposed to be. Definitely should be a draw as both of us had chances throughout the game, but neither of us could finish! Although Stoke could have won it after Tiote's red card as they dominated us for the last 10 minutes and did have some chances, but Yanga-Mbiwa was on great form this game and deservedly got the MOTM!

View attachment 399689

View attachment 399688

MOTM: Ben Turner (Cardiff City)

Extremely disappointed with this as my choice to field a younger/back up side came back to bite me in the *** as even though we were the much better side, we just could not do anything with the ball in the final 3rd and they score their only shot on target in the game! God Dammit! Although I suppose this gives us a chance to focus on the league and champions league now.

View attachment 399687

View attachment 399686

MOTM: Eder Alvarez Balanta (Newcastle United)

So this ended our torrid time in Wales! Another dominant display from us that ends with a disappointing result where we really should have won! They only managed 2 shots all game and luckily scored 1 of them. Incredibly annoyed after this and can quite easily say I kicked off a bit!

View attachment 399685

View attachment 399684

MOTM: Itumeleng Khune (Fiorentina)

Just look at these stats...

View attachment 399683

We clearly should have won this! But, their goalkeeper was on brilliant form this game as he got an 8.1 rating and was probably the reason why we didn't score! Glad to get this month over with and hopefully we can improve next month!

League

View attachment 399682

So, this torrid month for us has allowed Chelsea to open up a 4 point gap so early on, which is clearly bad as Chelsea are a good team and we will now probably be playing catch up for most of the season and will have to hope they slip up! Also can't believe Liverpool are down in 15th!

Champions Cup

View attachment 399681

So the loss to Fiorentina has dropped us down into 2nd! Level on points with Basel, but I am sure we are able to play well in our remaining 4 games and that if we perform properly we will definitely be able to make it through to the knockout stages!

Best Player of September

View attachment 399680

Ross Barkley

So in a pretty poor month overall the new summer addition still managed to have a pretty good month! 2 goals and an assist shows that even if we play bad he is still able to put in a performance capable of turning games around! Though we would stuggle to adapt with him in place of Sissoko but he has taken to it quite well so far!​

October

View attachment 399574

We are back on form!!

View attachment 399573

View attachment 399572

MOTM: Fabio Borini (Newcastle United)

I am happy with this result but I am also slightly disappointed for one reason... we were ahead 3-0 and nearly cocked it up! Don't know what happened in the last 30 minutes but we just went to absolute rubbish and nearly ended up drawing, which would have incredibly annoyed me and I would have kicked off big time! But we held on enough to get the win so suppose I can pleased with that.

View attachment 399568

View attachment 399567

MOTM: Juan Mata (Manchester United)

Due to last months form I was very worried about what would happen this game... and even though we got the draw I am actually disappointed! We held a 2-0 lead and really should have won this, especially after they received a red card but we just couldn't take advantage of having an extra man... not good!

View attachment 399566

View attachment 399564

MOTM: Ryan Gauld (Newcastle United)

Players showed why I do not have much to worry about us not qualifying for this group as we absolutely battered Basel and got a very comfortable win we greatly deserved! Restricted them to just 3 shots all game so obviously disappointed they scored 1, but still a very strong win! With Ryan Gauld having an amazing game as he contributed 2 goals and an assist!

View attachment 399563

View attachment 399561

MOTM: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur)

Spurs actually in 2nd, 1 point ahead of us before this game so it was clearly a very important game, and if it wasn't for Lloris we would have easily scored 3 or 4 against them! They had no chance right from the off as they only had 4 shots all game where as we had 22! So clearly we had plenty of chances but the skill of the frenchie in goal for them just restricted us to scoring the 1! Good win!

View attachment 399554

View attachment 399553

MOTM: Marquinhos (Newcastle United)

We carried on with the great form from the last 2 games to put Fulhams manager (Brendan Rodgers) in his place after he moaned about my choice to have young foreign talent in my side! We battered Fulham froms tart to finish and they never really had a chance! Good to be back playing well!

League

View attachment 399549

So the great form this month and some lucky results for us has allowed us to reduce the gap between us and Chelsea to 2 points! So from a possible 30 points we have 22 which to be honest I am slightly disappointed with as we have the quality to get around 24/25 like Chelsea... but still! Good to be back on form and our excellent league results got me this!

View attachment 399546

My first of hopefully many this season!

Champions Cup

View attachment 399545

So with us winning and Fiorentina losing we now sit level on points with them, with them only being top due to the head to head result! We are now 3 points clear of 3rd and also get to play Basel at the start of November also which I am sure will be another convincing win and will help us on our way to qualifying!

Best Player of October

View attachment 399542

Luke Shaw

I was no expecting this but the 20 year old has managed to push Santon out and is now staking a very good claim to being first choice after an excellent month! Popped up with 2 assists this month and also an average rating of 7.4 which I think is very good for being young! Also his great performances this month got him this!

View attachment 399540

His first of many personal awards I am sure he will get during his career here at Newcastle!​

Unbeaten start in the league. not bad!

November

View attachment 398697

So the good form continues!

View attachment 398696

View attachment 398695

MOTM: Kevin Volland (Newcastle United)

Great performance as we completely outplay Basel and show why were won the cup last season! Right from the off Basel were the weaker side and didn't have a chance at winning, and I was also confident that we would get a strong win!

View attachment 398694

View attachment 398693

MOTM: Apostolos Vellios (Everton)

Thought we were actually going to mess this up in the last 15-20 mins! We were the much better side for the majority of the game even after the poor start, but we went on from there and got stronger and stronger, but after the penalty Everton stepped it up a gear but luckily we managed to hold on and get the 3 points!

View attachment 398692

View attachment 398691

MOTM: Ryan Gauld (Newcastle United)

Very pleased that the weaker side I put out was able to get a strong win! We could have easily won this by a lot more, probably 4 or 5! But our finishing was quite poor which I could be disappointed with but due to us not really giving Reading much of a chance we were always going to come out with the win I was sure!

View attachment 398690

View attachment 398689

MOTM: Marcelo Estigarribia (Feyenoord)

I have no idea what happened in the first half... we were just absolutely appalling! Gave the guys an absolute bollocking at half time and it nearly worked! But we just couldn't find that last goal to get the draw, so quite disappointed, but glad we still managed to put up a good fight!

View attachment 398688

View attachment 398687

MOTM: Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle United)

Don't know how this ended up being such a close game in terms of the score line! As we completely dominated Villa and could have won this game a lot more comortably! But still, a win is a win!

League

View attachment 398686

So after a good month in the league we are now joint top with Chelsea and now I think we can push from this even more and go on to be top! Our next 6 league games could easily shape our finish for the season as we have Cardiff and West Ham who I am sure we can beat but after that... Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City... We won all of those we could easily make at least 3 points distance for us at the top... but we lose the last 4... and we could end up being too far behind to catch up!

Champions League

View attachment 398685

A win and a loss for us has now meant that Fiorentina are already through, and it is possible we may not even get through to the knockout rounds if we lose to Fiorentina and Feyenoord win due to our head to head record with them! Lets hope we can win!

Best Player of November

View attachment 398684

Danny Welbeck

The Englishman had a pretty good month for us as he provides 4 goals and 2 assists for us! Putting a bit of pressure on Volland now!​