Espanyol - The Royal Spanish Sports Club

Great season, very surprised you came 4th as you wouldn't think it was possible at start of the season, excellent achievement, hopefully the board will give you sufficient funds to improve the team, very unlucky against Real i must say, could of easily sneaked the win in.

Great season, very surprised you came 4th as you wouldn't think it was possible at start of the season, excellent achievement, hopefully the board will give you sufficient funds to improve the team, very unlucky against Real i must say, could of easily sneaked the win in.

The board only gave me £2.1M for the season, but Carlos Kameni was sold for £10.5M and I only got to spend £2M from that :(

free agents will do you a lot of help. deco would be fun. btw, may i know how much you are paid for the tv rights? cos i remembered that in my old games (cm 03-04), spanish teams dont get tv rights like the english ^^)

free agents will do you a lot of help. deco would be fun. btw, may i know how much you are paid for the tv rights? cos i remembered that in my old games (cm 03-04), spanish teams dont get tv rights like the english ^^)

I got about £20M I think. Is there any way I can check?

Mate that win against Barcelona is truly great. In the fierce derby game too, to ****** two late goals like that will have put you down in Espanyol books for years to come lol :)

Also proper unlucky with the budget there mate.

no idea, mate. sorry. haven touched spanish leagues in fm 10. glad to see that your receiving tv rights and not in the cm 0304 whereby spanish clubs received no ***** and then one by one plunge into a financial crisis and then you get their best players for £0. kind of missed those days though. :p

anyway, may you displace the top two ;)

Good luck mate, I will be following, nice to see someone try something different in a popular league:D
some sound signings there aswell.

I'm pretty sure it was £20M, might have been £10M though <) lol Thanks for all the support guys, I shall update further tomorrow, have saved right before the opening game of the season :D

i'll be following with interest 8-|

good night. though my day has just begun :D

Ah yes, I see under your avatar now :p I'm from Wales <) Cymru Am Byth! XD

This is excellent. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of this. :D

Yep, I'm updating now.

I'll upload a screenie of tactics too if you want <)

wow 4th some good and bad results there gl 4 the next season

JUNE / JULY / AUGUST

Transfers in: TORRIC (£85K); Victor OBINNA (Free); Emmanuel CULIO (£1.3M); ALANZINHO (£625K)
Transfers out: Javi Ruiz, Juanma, Yago (Free), Jonatas (Free), Carlos KAMENI (£10.5M (Minimum Release Clause)

I am truly gutted that Kameni chose to join Valencia, but it gives Mora a chance to shine.

The two key signings are:

Victor Obinna – Free Agent

View attachment 19650

Victor spent last season on loan at Malaga, and was under contract at Inter Milan. Obinna turned down the chance to play for Inter Reserves and instead signed a contract with Espanyol. He is said to be delighted to have signed, and is looking forward to first-team football.

-----

Emmanuel Culio - £1.3M from Bologna

View attachment 19651

The Argentine was said to be unhappy about first-team competition, although notching up 25 appearances last season. This is a great signing as our other natural ML Artavazd Karamyan is a ‘foreign’ player, and three have already been selected (Mora, Pinto and Nakamura).​

Another excellent signing is the capture of 16-year-old Alanzinho, who is a promising midfielder, and is a similar type of player to Joan Verdu.

View attachment 19645

18.8.10 (Champions Cup Best Placed Playoff Leg 1): Lokomotiv Moscow 2 : 1 ESPANYOL – A. Gatagov (20), Aitor O.G. (48) : V. Obinna (62)

ESPANYOL APPOINT MANOLO RUIZ AS ASSISTANT MANAGER. Feliciano Di Blasi agreed to change his contract, and he is now a Coach.

25.8.10 (Champions Cup Best Placed Playoff Leg 2): ESPANYOL 3 (4) : (4) 2 Lokomotiv Moscow (L. Moscow wins on Away Goals) – J. Forlin (37), S. Nakamura (87), R. Tamudo (108) : Wagner (20), Charles (111)

EURO Cup Draw: ESPANYOL, Palermo, Fulham, Brondby.

30.8.10: ESPANYOL 2 : 1 Real Madrid – J. Verdu (pen 78), V. Obinna (89) : X. Alonso (86)

- I was extremely happy when we got the penalty and went 1-0 up, and then Alonso equalised but wasn't too disappointed. When we scored the winner in the last minute I was ****** bouncing around the room! XD<)

View attachment 19649

I'll update the league table and results on the next month.

FOR DRPEPPER - THESE ARE MY TACTICS

View attachment 19646
View attachment 19647
View attachment 19648

Not sure who it is by (you can check if you want on the Tactics section) but I'm using the GoalsGalore 2010 downloaded tactic. It's very reliable and highly recommended.

Not sure, but every Spanish club has it. Obviously a Spanish thing ;)