Espanyol - The Royal Spanish Sports Club

I'm playing against them right this second. But you'll have to wait til I update next ;)

Last edited:
APRIL

3.4.11: ESPANYOL 2 : 0 Athletico Madrid – R. Tamudo (26), S. Nakamura (62)
10.4.11: Racing 1 : 1 ESPANYOL – O. Serrano (25) : B. Sahar (82)
17.4.11: ESPANYOL 2 : 2 Malaga – V. Obinna (15, 62) : Edinho (52), M. Angel (78)
20.4.11: Tenerife 0 : 2 ESPANYOL – L. Garcia (30), V. Obinna (90+6)
24.4.11: EPSANYOL 1 : 1 Almeria – B. Sahar (85) : N. Pareja O.G. (17)

Disappointed with the 3 draws, but delighted to beat Athletico Madrid. With only 3 games remaining, it’s vital that all 3 games are wins to beat them to third spot in the league.

MAY

The pressure’s really on to finish third. I believe Atheltico Madrid have an easy run-in, with mine quite tough in some cases.

1.5.11: Valladolid 1 : 1 ESPANYOL – F. Canobbio (88) : L. Garcia (79)
8.5.11: ESPANYOL 2 : 1 Getafe – L. Garcia (53), J. Verdu (90+1) : C. Mora O.G. (85)
15.5.11: Sporting 1 : 2 ESPANYOL – Mate Bilic (3) : J. Verdu (10), R. Tamudo (39)

Last 8 results:

View attachment 21542

End-of-season league table:

View attachment 21543

End Of Season Review

I think it’s fair to say we were the third best team in the league this season, as the table shows. Again, we showed what force we can be in the league, although a few silly results. A win against Madrid on the opening day, and holding Barca to a 0-0 draw later on is a pleasing factor, and that’s what kept us going til the end.

Performace of the Season: ESPANYOL 2 : 0 Athletico Madrid

Okay, not so much for the performance of the season, but the turning point. I think had Athletico won this match, they’d have nipped 3rd place, but instead we were victorious, and secure third spot.

View attachment 21555

I’d also like to point out that we were unbeaten at home throughout the whole season, as the screenshot below shows.

View attachment 21556

LIGA BBVA AWARDS

I came third in Manager of the Year award.
Victor Obinna was selected among the Liga BBVA Team of the Year substitutes.
Victor Obinna was named as Signing of the Season
Ben Sahar was named as Spanish Young Player of the Year

View attachment 21557

ESPANYOL AWARDS

Top Overall Goalscorer: Victor Obinna, 27
Most Overall Assists: Joan Verdu, 14.
Most Man of the Match: Cristian Mora, 7.
Highest Average Rating: Victor Obinna, 7.20
Fans’ Player of the Year: Victor Obinna

Best Eleven:

View attachment 21558

BOARD CONFIDENCE

View attachment 21559

Season Expectations: Title Challenge (£2.1M)

Another season coming up guys, gonna take a break during Christmas and New Years, so check back anytime after! Cheers guys!

JUNE / JULY / AUGUST

Transfers in: Carlos VELA (Free), Asmir BEGOVIC (Free), David BECKHAM (Free), Steven PIENAAR (Free)
Transfers out: Roman MARTINEZ (£3M), Shunsuke NAKAMURA (£1M), Artavazd KARAMYAN (£500K), Jose Fernando MARQUES (£1M), Kiko CASILLA (£825K), CORO (£3.9M), Gregory BERANGER (£1M), Jose Maria CALLEJON (£1M), Oscar SIELVA (£1M), Loads released.

The only reason I sold Nakamura was because of the ‘foreign’ situation – Fausto Pinto, Carlos Vela and Cristian Mora have spent two years in Spain and are now EU citizens XD

View attachment 21744

The group stages have been draw for European Champions Cup:
Group H: Arsenal, Ajax, ESPANYOL, Dinamo Moscow

28.8.11: ESPANYOL 2 : 0 Valladolid – E. Culio (26), D. Beckham (pen 61)

I will update the league standings and results after the next month. As for now, just enjoy my new signings ;)

Key Signings:

Carlos Vela – Free Agent

View attachment 21745

With 3 months remaining on his contract at the end of last season, Carlos Vela accepted an offer from AC Milan, but due to the rules on the amount of ‘foreign’ players allowed, he decided to join Espanyol, and was said to be very excited to breaking into the first team. Oh, and he’s now an EU citizen. Result!

David Beckham – Free Agent

View attachment 21746

Didn’t want to join AC Milan in the new season due to too much competition for first team places. Snapped him up for free, and didn’t ask too much for wages! A great bargain ;)

Steven Pienaar – Free Agent

View attachment 21747

Bought at the same time as Becks, Steven will push Joan Verdu for a place in the starting line up. Steven can play anywhere in attacking midfield, and on both wings, so he’s a great player to have.​

The other player signed was Asmir Begovic, who was also brought in for free, and will provide excellent backup for Cristian Mora (not that he needs it!)

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER

11.9.11: ESPANYOL 2 : 0 Valencia – C. Vela (63), Valdo (pen 88)
14.9.11 (ECC): ESPANYOL 1 : 1 Ajax – R. Tamudo (64) : L. Suarez (33)
18.9.11: Real Betis 0 : 3 ESPANYOL – J. Verdu (71), Valdo (pen 79), V. Obinna (90+2)
21.9.11: ESPANYOL 2 : 1 Athletico Madrid – S. Asenjo O.G. (39), N. Pareja (86) – D. Forlan (46)
24.9.11: Athletic Bilbao 1 : 3 ESPANYOL – F. Llorente (72) : C. Vela (15, 62, 68)
28.9.11 (ECC): Arsenal 1 : 0 ESPANYOL – T. Walcott (64)

A very, very pleasing month, with the only 'non-wins' coming in the ECC. Delighted with the form of the team and also the confidence. I know it's early yet but I reckon we're stronger then ever, and we're able to challenge for the title this season. Barca and Madrid, watch out (H)

Last 6 results including friendlies:

View attachment 21840

End-of-month league table:

View attachment 21841

OCTOBER

2.10.11: Xerex 1 : 0 ESPANYOL – G. Maldonado (7)
15.10.11: Tenerife 0 : 1 ESPANYOL – S. Pienaar (14)
18.10.11 (ECC): ESPANYOL 4 : 0 Dinamo Moscow – David (15), V. Obinna (18, 39), C. Vela (58)
23.10.11: Almeria 1 : 1 ESPANYOL – J. Ortiz (8) : E. Culio (1)
26.10.11 (Spanish Cup Fourth Round Leg 1): Jaen 2 : 5 ESPANYOL – I. Ros (47), R. Platero (90+2) : David (2), L. Garcia (17, 60, pen 73), R. Tamudo (65)
30.10.11: ESPANYOL 1 : 0 Hercules – D. Beckaham (75)

2 wins, a draw and a loss in the league, not too bad, but expected better. Disappointed with the fact that we didn’t score a bag full against Hercules, but a win’s a win in the end. Also happy in the cup competitions.

Last 6 results:

View attachment 21945

End-of-month table:

View attachment 21946

unlucky on the takeover, mate. tbh, i have been experiencing such takeovers in all my test saves (portsmouth, crystal palace, west ham) so far. good to see that you're doing well and vela's a very good buy imo. good luck :D

NOVEMBER

2.11.11 (ECC): Dinamo Moscow 2 : 1 ESPANYOL – A. Kerzhakov (1, 6) – C. Vela (23)
5.11.11: ESPANYOL 2 : 1 Racing – V. Obinna (60), L. Garcia (72) : G. Colsa (81)
8.11.11 (Spanish Cup Fourth Round Leg 2): ESPANYOL 2 (7) : (2) 0 Jaen – J. Verdu (11), Valdo (24)
14.11.11: Real Zaragoza 1 : 2 ESPANYOL – Ewerthon (29) : C. Vela (53, 85)
19.11.11: Levante 0 : 2 ESPANYOL – C. Vela (37), S. Pienaar (72)
22.11.11: Ajax 2 : 0 ESPANYOL – S. de Jong (45+1), M. Blind (86)
27.11.11: ESPANYOL 3 : 2 Sevilla – B. Sahar (47), J. Verdu (67, 73) : L. Fabiano (27), A. Negredo (45+2)
30.11.11: ESPANYOL 2 : 0 Getafe – O. Ustari O.G. (17), C. Vela (37)

Very very happy with this month, and seeing us competing against Barca and Madrid for the league title. It may be a long shot, but I reckon we can win the league if we can beat Madrid in a few days.

Last 8 results:

View attachment 22165

End-of-month league table:

View attachment 22166

I'M GOING AWAY FOR 4 DAYS WITHOUT INTERNET, BUT I WILL BE CARRYING ON WITH THE SAVE FILE AND UPDATE (HOPEFULLY END OF SEASON) WHEN I RETURN HOME. THANKS FOR THE PATIENCE GUYS, AND ENJOY THE READ :)

I'm back! Unfortunately, I had less free time than I thought. I managed to complete December and mid-way through January. Updates in a sec.

BTW thanks for whoever rated my thread! ;)

This is a really good read! Keep going! I'll be following :). Frederiksen, how do you get one of those boxes with your club and that? im new to the site. thanks in advance :).

Thanks for all the help lads :D, does it update automatically?

Cheers all for the comments, going to update this shortly. Haven't been on the laptop long enough to update over the last week, so I'm going to in around half an hour.

chatin I'm using GoalsGalore 2010. Have done since the first day of the first season.

i tell u wot m8 ur doin a really good job i mean tieing gainst barca and beatin atheletico away u r really good and i think ur team deserves the league:)