FMBase Lost Talents 2.0 - Attackers' Revenge Story

DECEMBER Updates:
cruzeiron.png

Cruzeiro were able to move into 4th place after their last match of the season while Flamengo lost to Vasco. So Cruzeiro, i think, will get a chance at the Copa Libertadores next season. So a welcome competition for both club and a whole new experience for Matthew Cameron, if he does get chance to play in the tournament.
gremiob.png

Hulkster made one final appearance for Gremio during the final match of the season in which they drew 1-1 against Palmeiras. Hulk didn't score though, but it was much needed appearance to gel with the team even more. Gremio ended the season in 6th place and will now take part in Copa Libertadores' Preliminary Rounds.
riverg.png

Even though River Plate are dominating the Argentinian 2nd Division, they were not able to progress past the 5th round of the Copa Argentina after falling 1-0 against Argentinos. Batistuta did NOT take part in the match and it seems that River Plate would maybe have been better of by giving the young speed demon a chance to show off what he can do for the club.

OTHER Updates:
- Ganso has been named South American Footballer of the Year. Ronaldhino came in close 2nd, but was enough to beat Ganso. Ganso teammate, Neymar of Santos, came in 3rd place.
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins the World Football of the Year award ahead of both Barcelona players David Villa and Fabregas.
- Xavi wins the 2011 edition of FIFA's Ballon d'Or. Beating both CR7 and David Villa.
- I forgot to mention that earlier in July 2011, Modric had moved to Manchester City for a price of $54,000,000.

Gremio seem to be decent, giving Hulk a game or 2 while he's 15 :) Keep the updates coming mate, nice work :)

this great, just read all of it and cant wait for another update

keep it up

;)

Keep the updates coming man , i'm in awe of this story :)

Hopefully Colo Colo recruit me soon I love their name.

JANUARY Updates:
realespporclub.png

With the start of the new year, many predicted the signing of the rest of the Lost Talents players. The first to find a team was Juan Pablo Miguel. The Attacking Midfielder from Venezuela, with a bright future ahead of him, has decided to sign with Real Esppor. The team from Caracas, birth place of Miguel, have decided to give the young 15 year old a chance to prove himself.
deportivopetare.png

The 2nd player from Venezuela, Oswaldo Nino, signed a deal with Deportivo Petare of the Venezuelan 1st Division. Deportivo are currently in 3rd place ahead of Real Esppor. Oswaldo will be getting $55 a week and his contract runs out at the end of the 2012 year. He has already made 2 appearances for the club with decent performances.
danubio.png

Danubio have snatched up the young Uruguayan sensation, Ignacio Ballena. In January, Ignacio made another 4 appearances for the Uruguay's U-20 national side and scored 3 more goals. Totaling his international goal tally at 7 goals in 9 appearances. The most prolific of all Lost Talents this far into the year. The deal will see Ballena stay at Danubio until 31st of December 2013.
scaled.php

We haven't talked much about Raul. Since we last checked on him, Raul has now racked up a total of 4 goals in 5 games for the Chilean U-20 National Team. This form has attracted many interests from clubs across Chile. In the end though, he snubbed the contract from Deportes Iquique and decided to choose Universidad de Chile instead. Raul joined the club just ahead of their first match of the season, which Universidad won. Still early in the season to tell if Universidad will decide to give Raul the time to develop or just throw him into the pits of high caliber club football.
centralt.png

The last player to sign a contract with his first team is Javier Squeekles. His Argentinian genes might have helped him find a team in Argentina, but its his skills that had impressed the Rosario Central scouts the most. The youth contract will see the Bolivian make $20 a week. Rosario are now sitting in 11th of the Argentinian 2nd Division table.

OTHER News:
- So as we have it at the moment. We have only 1 player left without a team. Dani Sheahan is said to be a Flamboyant Striker and is currently looking for a club. Maybe, he is even willing to sign with any team that is willing to give him a chance. Only time will tell where he ends up.
- Venezuela's U-20 have recently announced that Oswaldo Nino as their Captain and Juan Pablo Miguel as the Vice-Captain. A sign of the future? We will see how things turn out for these two very promising players.

Transfers:
- After winning the South American Footballer of the Year, Manchester City swooped in and signed Ganso from Santos with an agreed price tag of $35,500,000. Santos also lost the services of Danilo to FC Porto for the price of $18,000,000. This will reduce Santos' quality this coming season and will find it very hard to retain their title.
- Another surprising move was that of Marouane Fellaini. Fellaini moved on from Everton and now finds himself playing for Manchester United. Who paid a fee of $27,000,000 for his services.

Captain of the U-20's for Nino, and a club in Deportivo Perate? Success!

And congrats also to my Venezuelan team-mate Juan Pablo Miguel in his vice-captaincy!

Wooo! I signed for a team! Never heard of them but i'll keep an eye out from now on ;)

another great update again ;)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a few updates tonight after work. For now though, MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone! Enjoy your day and hope you had a good Christmas Eve. And to you North Americans...enjoy your Boxing Day shopping.

FEBRUARY Updates:
riverg.png

Martin Batistuta has played 3 matches since the turn of the year for River's U-20s and has picked up a yellow card on the way. River Plate's senior team has maintained its number 1 spot in the league until now. Having only lost 1 game this year, they have an 8 point lead and they seem to be on their way to promotion.
scaled.php

Raul has been showing great signs for the U-20 squad as he registers 3 goals in 5 appearances since joining the club.
danubio.png

Ignacio Ballena has had the most successful run since January for Danubio U-19s. Scoring 5 goals and assisting 1 goal in 11 appearances. Surely a call up to the senior squad will follow soon.
deportivopetare.png

Oswaldo Nino has been the only player in 2012 to play some senior football. Making 6 appearances for the club. Even though without any goals or assists. Deportivo have gone down the league table to 6th. Even losing to 7th place Real Esppor, Juan Pablo Miguel's team, 2-1 in their last match.

OTHER Updates:
Not much going on here. Even though Brazil have started their new season already, none of the players registered to 'Brazilian' teams have made any appearances. But as the season goes along, im sure an appearance or two will be made.

MARCH Updates:
danubio.png

Ignacio Bellano finally made his first senior squad appearance as he came on as a substitute in front of family and friends in Danubio's 3-1 win at home. Ignacio has very very impressive in U-19 squad. Specially in the month of March. In 9 appearances this month, he has scored 15 goals and collecting 3 MotM performances which led to the call up. His total tally now is 20 goals, 1 assist and 3 MotM. He has even been labelled as the next Santiago Silva of Fiorentina in Serie A.
deportivopetare.png

Oswaldo Nino, Venezuela's U-20 captain, has played 3 matches in the past month and was able to register his first assist of his young career. The team was still able to find a way to go down to 8th spot in the Venezuelan league.
cruzeiron.png

Matthew Cameron has finally made 2 appearances for Cruzeiro and scored 1 goal in the process. He will be hoping to make it a regular showing in the coming months. Cruzeiro are 1st in the Brazilian Minas Gerais State Championship with 2 games to go and have gone undefeated this far. They have also guaranteed a spot for the playoffs. In Copa Libertadores, they are sitting in 2nd place, tied in points with Gremio with 6 points and 3 games left to play in the group stages.

Even though my player isn't playing in rivers first team, i hope he develops good :) After all, River Plates youth and training facilities shouldnt be too shabby ? :D

Even though my player isn't playing in rivers first team, i hope he develops good :) After all, River Plates youth and training facilities shouldnt be too shabby ? :D
Oh for sure they have one of the best in South America.

APRIL Updates:
danubio.png

Danubio have found themselves a gem in the rough with Ignacio. The 15 year old has been lighting up the U-19 League in Uruguay. In 31 appearances, he has already got himself 28 goals and 4 MotM while also adding to his tally 3 assists for good measure. He didnt make an appearance for the Senior Squad, but it seems that the management are keeping him in the minors to give him as much experience as possible. Surely they will need a prolific scorer like Ignacio Ballena, Danubio are currently in 7th spot in the Uruguayan First Division.
deportivopetare.png

Nino was able to get himself more appearances in the Senior Squad of Deportivo Petare. This month, the Midfielder was able to get himself a goal under his belt. Will this lead to more goals next month? We will pay close attention to the young Venezuelan patrón?

OTHER Updates:
- Not much going on in terms of our players. But Dani Sheahan has retired. Same thing as to what happened to my player in the last story. :( Wonder why that happens? I mean, he wasn't that bad of a player to start with. Gutted, but oh well, we will have to move on.
- Cruzeiro have lost 2 games straight in the Copa Libertadores, first vs Gremio and the 2nd against Universidad de Chile. But they were still able to hold on to 2nd place in the group stages after 6 matches played. So both Gremio and Cruzeiro will move on to the 2nd stage of the tournament.
- 2nd Stage of the Copa Libertadores will see Gremio go head to head with Chivas. Cruzeiro will face Santos.

Oswaldo Nino is picking up!

Delighted to get my first goal, and my first assists, but I need to start turning these performances into lifting the side up the league!

Merry Christmas everyone!

- Not much going on in terms of our players. But Dani Sheahan has retired. Same thing as to what happened to my player in the last story. :( Wonder why that happens?

Did you see if he got injured before?

I had a Regen, he was supposed to be the star of my team, when he was 17 got really bad injured, like 6 or 7 month out, and he just retired, he didn't play anymore....

Good work man , keep it up! Shame about the retired player :/

Did you see if he got injured before?

I had a Regen, he was supposed to be the star of my team, when he was 17 got really bad injured, like 6 or 7 month out, and he just retired, he didn't play anymore....

No...he was fine. All that they had on him is that he was lacking match fitness. The same thing was with the first story. Im surprised though, because the Peruvian was loaded and he never got signed, not even in the youth team like the rest of the players...except Nino. Oh well, bad luck.

By the way lads, all players have a youth contract, so dont be surprised that not many games are beign played. Im sure once they start hitting the 16-17 years of age, you will see more action.

MAY Updates:
vitora.png

Almost a year after joining Vitoria, Messy Hallow was awarded with a Professional contract at the start of the month. His new contract will see him stay at the club until the of 2014. As well it will see him become the first player to hit the triple figure wage. Hallow will be making $750 a week. $75 a goal is a bonus that will surely make Hallow work that extra hard. If he is able to make 25 appearances in his career for Vitoria, he will see his wage increase from $750 to $3000 a week. So can Messy Hallow be the next Messi? Or will he crumble under the pressure?
riverg.png

Despite their 6 consecutive scoreless draw, which is a record for both the club and 2nd division football, River Plate were still able to guarantee themselves a 1st division football spot next year. In 35 games, they were only able to score 32 goals and only conceded 4 goals in total! A stat for the trivia obsessed. It was enough to see them win the league, with 3 games left to play, by 13 points ahead of they closest opponents, Hurucan. It seems that Martin Batistuta will have a chance to maybe play in South America's most prestigious league.
universidaddechile.png

The Chilean League sees the Apertura Season come to a close with Universidad de Chile coming in 3rd place. Enough to get them into the play-offs as they hit top form. Now, after beating Colo-Colo in the Semis, they will go head to head in a 2 leg Finals against Cobreloa. Cobreloa finished in 4th place in the league, 11 points behind Universidad de Chile. So it will be a great chance for Uni to win a title. As much as Raul would like his team to win it, he would not get any medals for it.
gremiob.png

While other leagues are coming to an end, the Brazilian has just kicked off. Gremio haven't had the best of starts. Just before the start, they had the 2 legged match vs Chivas in the Copa Libertadores. They crashed out by losing both games home and away. While that might not have been as bad, their start to the Brazilian Season has been abysmal. Losing all their first 4 matches. Losing against Vasco, Flamengo, Cruzeiro and Vitoria, all in order. With the lack of goals going in, surely they might call up Hulkster and give a chance any time now. Things are already spiraling out of control anyway... It's a surprise though as they did win the Gaucho State Championship by beating Internacional in the Finals just a month ago.

cruzeiron.png

Yup...Cruzeiro got kicked out of the Copa Libertadores as well. They lost both their matches against Santos. It doesn't matter though, as they won the Minas State Championship to swing their moral back to the positive. After losing their first match 1-4 vs Flamengo, they turned their fortunes around and have score 7 goals and conceded only 2 since, in 3 matches played.

OTHER News:
copaliber.png

The tournament is in the Semi-Finals phase. Not many thought Santos would survive this far. Losing both Ganso and Danilo in the winter transfer window, they have struggled in the Brazilian League, but not in the Copa. Here are the Semi-Finals match-ups that will be played in June.

Semi Finals 1: Sao Paulo vs Santos
Semi Finals 2: Lanus vs Independiente

As you can see, the finals will see two rival countries go head to head for the title. Both semi-finals will be great spectacles, but the finals should be a must watch for all football fans.