Manchester United Vs Arsenal (Monday)

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we're saying that SAF has a selection headache, of the good kind

I not saying he hasn't got decisions to make, but the best selection is Fletcher in the Middle..

I gotta make sure I dont have any final exams tomorrow! ESPN3 is awesome for watching Euro football, otherwise I'd have to go to channel surfing or some other **** website.

Tomorrow kicks off my last week of school before the Christmas holidays, so, inevitably, I am going to be watching every single minute of this match - regardless of the score.

Tomorrow kicks off my last week of school before the Christmas holidays, so, inevitably, I am going to be watching every single minute of this match - regardless of the score.

what do you mean?

what do you mean?

He's in the same boat as I am.

No classes, only an exam here and there, tons of free time between studying before going home and not having many opportunities to do what you want without your family buggin you

quite easily to be honest this the type of game where interceptions will play almost a bigger role than tackling, and carrick is better at than fletcher
Fletcher is better at tackling than Carrick and imo he is better at intercepting and very rarely makes mistakes unlike Carrick. Also Fletcher is perfect for big games like this one.
Gotta be Fletcher and Scholes at CM.

Fletcher is better at tackling than Carrick and imo he is better at intercepting and very rarely makes mistakes unlike Carrick. Also Fletcher is perfect for big games like this one.
Gotta be Fletcher and Scholes at CM.
you would not play scholes in a 4-4-2 in a game like this. actually carrick is the better interceptor, though fletcher is the better tackler easily

If it's a 4-4-2, I'd go Carrick and Fletcher.

Wouldn't throw Scholes in because he wouldn't be fully fit and an in form Nasri, youthful Wilshere and tough tackling Song could prove too much.

you would not play scholes in a 4-4-2 in a game like this. actually carrick is the better interceptor, though fletcher is the better tackler easily

But you wouldn't play Carrick in a game like this.... not in 4-4-2 anyway, He is better with a Destroyer/ ball winning next to him, FLetcher has to play. No contest really

Why wouldnt you play Scholes? He pulls the strings and would keep Nasri out of the game, while Carrick would just let Arsenal play their little passing game and not get stuck in. Also Carrick is not a big game player he just plays well in easy games (e.g Blackburn) and gets a bit caught out in harder games (e.g Valencia).

But you wouldn't play Carrick in a game like this.... not in 4-4-2 anyway, He is better with a Destroyer/ ball winning next to him, FLetcher has to play. No contest really
actually you could, alongside anderson or fletcher, with park tucking inside when needed and rooney dropping deep

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Why wouldnt you play Scholes? He pulls the strings and would keep Nasri out of the game, while Carrick would just let Arsenal play their little passing game and not get stuck in. Also Carrick is not a big game player he just plays well in easy games (e.g Blackburn) and gets a bit caught out in harder games (e.g Valencia).
scholes is the least mobile of the mids, something you need especially against 3 mids like arsenals

actually you could, alongside anderson or fletcher, with park tucking inside when needed and rooney dropping deep

But that wouldn't be a 4-4-2 would it, If you talking about Park coming inside from Left wing, and Rooney going to the left to make 4-5-1, or leave the left free and give sagna a massive amount of space, not great...

You can't drop Berbatov with the form he's in, considering him and Rooney have been superb together since Rooney's return.

Also Ronan, apparently so although I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.

SAF said on friday in his press conference that ferdinand, scholes and evra are going to be fit for monday

But that wouldn't be a 4-4-2 would it, If you talking about Park coming inside from Left wing, and Rooney going to the left to make 4-5-1, or leave the left free and give sagna a massive amount of space, not great...
thats exactly how we tend to beat 3 man mids when we play 4-4-2. its all about when they come off their positions something that park and rooney are incredibly good at. its the fluidity of our 4-4-2 that makes it work

thats exactly how we tend to beat 3 man mids when we play 4-4-2. its all about when they come off their positions something that park and rooney are incredibly good at. its the fluidity of our 4-4-2 that makes it work

But saying that, We are at home, and Scholes is one of our Best controller of the Balls, we need him, otherwise we will have Carrick passing the ball to Fabregas instead of our players... Scholes and Fletcher for the win.

But saying that, We are at home, and Scholes is one of our Best controller of the Balls, we need him, otherwise we will have Carrick passing the ball to Fabregas instead of our players... Scholes and Fletcher for the win.
it doesnt matter than we are home, arsenal will still come with same game plan that have come with in the last times they have faced us and that causes issues when scholes plays in a 4-4-2, because then fletchers role becomes more about protecting scholes rather than doing damage in his own right. Anyway I've said how I want us to play, gonna leave this till tomorrow night

it doesnt matter than we are home, arsenal will still come with same game plan that have come with in the last times they have faced us and that causes issues when scholes plays in a 4-4-2, because then fletchers role becomes more about protecting scholes rather than doing damage in his own right. Anyway I've said how I want us to play, gonna leave this till tomorrow night

Fair enough, i just cant remember the last time Mr Carrick dominated an top midfield, and we are facing a top midfield monday.

scholes is the least mobile of the mids, something you need especially against 3 mids like arsenals
So you want to play mobile cms? Then why chose Carrick over Fletcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.