Manchester United Vs Arsenal (Monday)

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on United. Hopefully Ferguson can derail the Arsenal challenge. Dent their confidence a bit.

3-1 to the non snood wearers.

Last edited:
Utd have the best home record in the PL and Arsenal have the best away record so i think it will be a draw and i hope it is.

Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal - Park, Rooney

We seem to of learnt in the last few seasons how to play against Arsenal, and that is to counter attack them and take our chances. I don't see why we can't do it again to be honest. We're in good form, still unbeaten in the league and just came off a comfortable Champions League qualification.

Park tends to play really well against Arsenal so I think he could be crucial. Usually an odd first goal scorer in the big games, so going for the Korean first and then Rooney late on because he has a good record vs Arsenal and he's been playing really well recently and deserves a goal for his recent performances.

If we beat them we go three ponts clear at the top of the table :D

My predictions are usually useless but there we go. I'll say 1-1. This might be a day for Arsene to play Eboue on the right to track Evra. He didn't against Chelsea and Cole torn them apart. That then leavs Nasri on the left and I would drop Arshavin, as he hasn't been at it lately.

I could see Rooney having a good game, if he drops deep into the midfield and it may be that Song is used purely to track him. Also I think if whoever plays at right mid for Arsenal doesn't carry out their defensive responsibilities Evra could pose a danger if he plays. Finally I think if Park plays he could be pivotal.

Got a feeling that if Park Ji-Sung plays, his main priority will be to keep Samir Nasri quiet all night which will be tough.

My predictions are usually useless but there we go. I'll say 1-1. This might be a day for Arsene to play Eboue on the right to track Evra. He didn't against Chelsea and Cole torn them apart. That then leavs Nasri on the left and I would drop Arshavin, as he hasn't been at it lately.

I could see Rooney having a good game, if he drops deep into the midfield and it may be that Song is used purely to track him. Also I think if whoever plays at right mid for Arsenal doesn't carry out their defensive responsibilities Evra could pose a danger if he plays. Finally I think if Park plays he could be pivotal.
4-4-2 with park on the left, him and evra doubling on nasri in defence and stretching the whole flank in attack, also park is very could at dropping to the centre and becoming the 3rd centre when needed, and when you have rooney dropping deep forcing, song to track him we can actually overload arsenals midfield

Evra is fit to play as is scholes and ferdinand. I would actually be inclined to start anderson in this game

Come on the Gunners!

Not too confident, not too sure on a prediction either.

I'll go either 3-1 united, or us sneaking it 1-0 Nasri!

should be a good game!

Come on the Gunners!

Not too confident, not too sure on a prediction either.

I'll go either 3-1 united, or us sneaking it 1-0 Nasri!

should be a good game!
i think it will be a cracking game, they always are. theres been more comments from both sides, from clichy and park. Very excited, its gonna be tasty

i think it will be a cracking game, they always are. theres been more comments from both sides, from clichy and park. Very excited, its gonna be tasty

agree, it's just so hard to predict what's going to happen. so many little battles all around the pitch.

got to get through an english exam tomorrow morning, then roll on 7:45

4-4-2 with park on the left, him and evra doubling on nasri in defence and stretching the whole flank in attack, also park is very could at dropping to the centre and becoming the 3rd centre when needed, and when you have rooney dropping deep forcing, song to track him we can actually overload arsenals midfield

Evra is fit to play as is scholes and ferdinand. I would actually be inclined to start anderson in this game

And also Park is brilliant when United are not in possesion, which will stifle one of Arsenal's threats when the right mid drifts in and leaves space for the onrushing Sagna.

I though Anderson had a really good game against Valencia and would probably start him as well. He is probably the best of United's centre mids at exploiting the space that will be left when Rooney drops deep and drags the centre back or Song out of position. If that doesn't happen and he stays deeper he will be left with a fair bit of time to play passes and could destroy Arsenal. Is it for this reason you would like to see him start?

agree, it's just so hard to predict what's going to happen. so many little battles all around the pitch.

agreed, i think no Tommy V will make our job that much easier though, would think he would have made it tougher for Rooney than squillaci and Kos, and if fab is out then thats a huge bonus for us

Going to the game tomorrow! So excited for my first away game..

Going to be a real cracker I think, Evra is going to have a tough time controlling Nasri - especially if he wants to get forward himself.

Hope we can nick it 2-1 - we didn't deserve to lose at OT last year - Stupid Diaby OG and Rooney penalty afeter Andrey's wonder strike...

Song needs to control his attacking instinct, and It'll be interesting to see whether Wilshere or Denilson plays. I expect it will be the latter, but I hope not.

Its a 8pm ko

And also Park is brilliant when United are not in possesion, which will stifle one of Arsenal's threats when the right mid drifts in and leaves space for the onrushing Sagna.

I though Anderson had a really good game against Valencia and would probably start him as well. He is probably the best of United's centre mids at exploiting the space that will be left when Rooney drops deep and drags the centre back or Song out of position. If that doesn't happen and he stays deeper he will be left with a fair bit of time to play passes and could destroy Arsenal. Is it for this reason you would like to see him start?
exactly that. he hasnt got the brain of scholes (who has?) but hes creative enough in his own right and his energy and movement would cause all sorts of problems (look what he did at blackburn) when you play 4-4-2 you need that movement from the centre mids (what i always bang on about when i talk about the modern 4-4-2)

agreed, i think no Tommy V will make our job that much easier though, would think he would have made it tougher for Rooney than squillaci and Kos, and if fab is out then thats a huge bonus for us

We miss the Verminator so much.

For once we found a centre back who was actually adept with the physical side.

Status
Not open for further replies.