2016/2017 PREVIEW

Last season was amazing for us as we overachieved on all levels. I am going to make some serious additions this summer. My target for this season is to win the league and FA cup, and hopefully reach the Champions' League knockout stages.

View attachment 301480
I was given 12.5m and 922k/w at the start of the season but after the club signed some new sponsorship deals totaling over 20m, I requested to increase the budget and it was accepted.

Season Preview

View attachment 301479
We are predicted to finish 5th but I believe that if we continue from last season's success, we will win the league again as I will be making some serious additions and I don' think there will be any major departures.

Here are the targets set for me by the board:

View attachment 301478

I've made a lot of signings and I'll be posting them at the end of the transfer window. I hope they gel as soon as possible.

Last edited:
2016 SUMMER TRANSFERS and PRE-SEASON

It was another good transfer window for us as we are still building a Champions' League-winning squad. We mainly strengthened the midfield and attack.

There were no major departures so most of the money I spent was from the board and new sponsorship deals. In case you are wondering why I haven't used any of my regens, none of them has up to 2.5 star potential. The board have improved my youth recruitment and I have hired some new staff so hopefully my next intake will have somebody who is a little good.

View attachment 301432

Shinji Kagawa

5m + 5m after 50 League Games from Dortmund
He was very unhappy so I swooped for him. This could turn out to be a bargain for me.
View attachment 301430
View attachment 301431

Patrick Roberts

10.75m from Fulham
It was his relegation release clause. I've been after him for 2 seasons and finally got him.
View attachment 301429

Darijo Srna

Free transfer from Shakhtar
I needed an experienced RB and Srna was the best I could find. I waded off interest from United and Tottenham
View attachment 301428

Ibai Bilbao

5.25m from Osasuna
It might sound expensive but my scout said I should sign him at all costs. I hope I don't regret it.
View attachment 301427

Casemiro

2m from Real Madrid
We all remember him from FM12. He was transfer-listed and I couldn't get Chalobah on loan again from Chelsea so I went for him
View attachment 301426

Ben Pearson

Free transfer.
He was just released from United so I'm giving him a chance to see if he will still develop and maybe make some profit in the future
View attachment 301425

Will Hughes

4m + 2m over 48 months from Derby
I unsettled him over 2 years and finally got him that cheap.
View attachment 301424

James Milner

4.25 + 1m after 40 league games from Manchester City
This was kinda tricky. I wanted an extra midfielder and decided to try bidding for him which was accepted.
View attachment 301421

James Wilson

155k/m season long loan from Manchester Ubited
After the miracles he did for us last season, I wanted to get him permanently but didn't have enough. United were willing to loan him again which I gladly obliged to do.
View attachment 301420

Alex Galvez

3.1m + 500k after 40 league games
I was lucky enough to survive last season with just 3 quality CBs and I'm not going to take that risk again. Galvez was offered to me by his agent.
View attachment 301419

Champions' League

View attachment 301418
View attachment 301417
What more could I ask of than to be drawn in the group of death. We will do well to make it through.

PRESEASON

We had a pretty good preseason. We toured USA and played a single friendly 7 days to the season's kickoff.
Orlando City (A) 5-2
Colorado (A) 5-0
Seattle (A) 2-0
Los Angeles (A) 5-2
Udinese (H) 6-1

AUGUST 2016 FIXTURES

Chelsea (N) Community Shield
Everton (A) BPL
Arsenal (H) BPL
Chelsea (A) BPL

I believe I now have a squad capable of winning our boogie team and we will do it. The game against Everton will be tricky, but we should comfortably win Arsenal. My target is at least 5 point in the league.

AUGUST 2016

At last, we did it. We finally defeated our boogie team after 7 attempts. It was more special because we did it twice in a row and in the same month.

View attachment 301185
Burnley 2-0 Chelsea

I was very relieved to finally win against Chelsea in 7 attempts. We controlled most of the game and defended well.

View attachment 301184
____________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301182
Everton 1-1 Burnley

It was a tight game but we didn't start well and really should have lost the game.

View attachment 301178
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301179
Burnley 3-1 Arsenal

We conceded early but after a few tweaks in the tactic, we finally got into the game and made an amazing comeback.

View attachment 301177
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301176
Chelsea 1-3 Burnley

Again, we dominated the game and it really should have been a massive score-line but at least we got the 3 points.

View attachment 301174
__________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a good month for us by winning the Community Shield and defeating Chelsea, twice. We are currently in 2nd place behind Tottenham who won all 3 games in August.

September 2016 Fixtures

Nottm Forrest (H) BPL
CSKA Moscow (H) UCL grp
Newcastle (H) BPL
Wolves (H) Capital One cup 3rd round
Southampton (A) BPL
Leverkusen (A) UCL grp

Looks like it's going to be an easy month for us. We should get at least 6 points this month. The game against Southampton looks a bit tricky. A draw will do. I don't know what to expect in the Champions' League.

SEPTEMBER 2016

It was another good month for the Clarets as we maintained our top form with some excellent peformances.

View attachment 301168
Burnley 4-2 Nottm Forrest

It was a lot trickier than I expected because they pushed us to the very last. Most of my players didn't hit their potential in the game

View attachment 301167

View attachment 301166
Burnley 3-0 CSKA Mosow

It was drab for most of the game until Savitskiy lit the game up for us. He had been in tremendous form and I was pretty pleased with his performance.

View attachment 301165
____________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301164
Burnley 7-3 Newcastle

Savitskiy again put Newcastle to the sword. My defence wasn't good enough as it should have been a clean sheet for us. We conceded from an early set-piece but managed to turn the game around.

View attachment 301163

View attachment 301162
Burnley 4-0 Wolves

A relatively easy game for us. We started well but couldn't continue from our amazing 1st-half performance.

View attachment 301161
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301160
Southampton 1-1 Burnley

I predicted a tricky game and so it was. Wilson hadn't hit the heights he hit last season and I'm considering dropping him to the U21s for some time.

View attachment 301159

View attachment 301158
Leverkusen 1-0 Burnley

This has to go down as our worst performance all season even though Bern Leno Frustrated us. We just never got going and they scored from a corner. My forwards looked hungover.

View attachment 301157
________________________________________________________________________________________

It was great for us until the last game against Leverkusen. I hope we pick ourselves up ASAP.
Savitskiy won the player of the month award for September.

There have been new sponsorship deals signed by the club. Hopefully, I'll get a lot more money for winter transfers as we are still building.

League Table

View attachment 301156

October 2016 Fixtures

Stoke (A) BPL
West Ham (H) BPL
Barcelona (H) UCL gr[
Manchester City (A) BPL
Wigan (H) Capital One cup 4th round
West Brom (H) BPL

Barcelona are the main heavy-weights for this month. A draw will do even though they are not on form. Another draw will do against Manchester City. I believe we should win the rest given our current form.

So far so good, I've not had any major injuries and I want to keep it that way

Still going strong :) Was going to say keep an eye on Alen Halilovic if he is at Barca still as he is a cheap loan and possibly free after a few seasons just not sure he would fit into your tactics

Still going strong :) Was going to say keep an eye on Alen Halilovic if he is at Barca still as he is a cheap loan and possibly free after a few seasons just not sure he would fit into your tactics

I'm looking for a 'determined' player who can play in the F9 role for me as Kagawa and Robert (from fluminense) have not been performing well for me. I'll put a scout on him. Thanks mate

Due to the interest being shown in me by some of the top clubs in the world like Barcelona, United and most recently Dortmund and Valencia, my owner wants me to renew my contract with the club but I'm playing hard ball. I want him to improve our club's academy before i agree to any new contract.

OCTOBER 2016

All my predictions were true as we managed to draw against the mighty Barcelona (even though we should have won), and Man city.

View attachment 301129
Stoke1-4 Burnley

It was a tight game at one point but Savitskiy made a difference for us.

View attachment 301128

View attachment 301127
Burnley 2-0 West Ham

It was nothing special; just a normal performance from my lads.

View attachment 301126
______________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301125
Burnley 1-1 Barcelona

We really should have won the game. Barcelona were there for the taking. We opened them again and again but just couldn't get the second goal.

View attachment 301112

View attachment 301111
Manchester City 2-2 Burnley

We lost it all after an amazing first 10 minutes for us. But credit to City. They fought well.

View attachment 301110

View attachment 301109
Burnley p1-1 Wigan

We got lucky. Casemiro was sent off after just 20 minutes of being subbed on. I fined him 2 weeks wages after that and dropped him to the U21s after the game as he was complaining.

View attachment 301108

View attachment 301107
Burnley 4-0 West Brom

Ourgames against West Brom has always produced thrillers and this was one of them, but, it was one-sided. We started well and never seemed to take the foot off the gas.

View attachment 301106

I was pleased with our performance this month and I hope we do better. My players were now maturing with Savitskiy and Vallejo the pick of the bunch. Odegaard has not hit the ground running this season.

League Table

View attachment 301105

November 2016 Fixtures

Barcelona (A) UCL grp
Liverpool (A) BPL
QPR (A) BPL
CSKA Moscow (A) UCL grp
Tottenham (H) BPL
Leverkusen (H) UCL grp

The month kicks off with a trip to Camp Nou in what might be a thrilling encounter. This might be a difficult month for us. 5 points will do for us in the league.

NOVEMBER 2016

November was a month of ups and downs for us. The major 'up' being that we managed to top our UCL group but the 'down' was that our main striker getting injured for up to 3 months.

View attachment 301073
Barcelona 1-1 Burnley

We really should have won the game but then again, my forwards look hungover.

View attachment 301070
______________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301069
Liverpool 1-3 Burnley

Liverpool were set up in a rather defensive manner. I looked to counter them but when Balotelli scored from a thunderous free-kick, I decided to attack and it paid dividends.

View attachment 301063
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301061
Ings got injured on international duty but he was never in form yet. This might hurt. It's gonna be a long 3 months for us.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301059
QPR 2-3 Burnley

It was tougher than I expected. Savitskiy has been carrying us all season and continued in that vein.

View attachment 301057

View attachment 301056
CSKA Moscow 1-7 Burnley

This has to go down as my best away performance as we put them to the sword. I didn't know what to expect so I set up on the counter but after the first 15 minutes, I went on attack as we slaughtered them. Eremenko caught us on aware with a mighty long-range effort.

View attachment 301055

View attachment 301054
Burney 4-0 Tottenham

Pretty even until late in the game after I had made a substitution. Kagawa changed the game and helped us maintain our place in the league table.

View attachment 301053
________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301052
Burnley 1-0 Leverkusen

We needed a win to secure a place in the knockout stages and we did that in a very professional manner.

View attachment 301049
___________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 301048
It was a good month for us as we secured qualification in the UCL. I pray we get an easy draw.

I was awarded the manager of the month due to our form in the league.

View attachment 301047

December 2016 Fixtures

Hull (H) BPL
Bournemouth (A) BPL
Chelsea (H) Capital One cup quarter final
Leicester (H) BPL
Cardiff (H) BPL
Manchester United (A) BPL
Aston Villa (H) BPL

Another congested month for us. I believe we can win Chelsea for the 3rd time in a row and maybe edge the United game. But I don't know how this month will be as we just lost our main striker and Wilson is not on form.

one of the biggest improvements of a team ever in 2 years well done dude

anytime dude :) also how do you make you pictures bigger mine are all small

DECEMBER 2016

There were some 'disjointed' performances in December 2016 but overall, it was a good month for us.

View attachment 300895
Burnley 0-0 Hull

We never got going. I think we were getting over-confident and thought the game was already won before it even began. Wilson squandered some chances as well.

View attachment 300894

View attachment 300893
First Ings, now Wilson. We don't have any other recognized finisher in the squad and given that we have a game against Chelsea coming up, this could be a bad time to lose a player like Wilson.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 300892
Bournemouth 2-6 Burnley

I decided to rotate a little. Savitskiy scored in the 14th second of the game.., my fastest ever. They fought back and scored 2 from two missed clearances.

View attachment 300891

View attachment 300890
Burnley 2-0 Chelsea

Another victory against 2nd-placed Chelsea will always be appreciated anytime. We started well and controlled most of the game while also keeping a clean sheet.

View attachment 300889

View attachment 300888
THE BIG ONE!!!

Wow!!! I never knew I would be so lucky to face Barcelona and Real Madrid in the same UCL season. Thanks UEFA. :'( Now let's hope we avoid a cricket score.

UCL GROUP OVERVIEW

View attachment 300885

View attachment 300887
Burnley 2-0 Leicester

With both Wilson and Ings out, I decided to blood Bilbao into the team and he performed well and scored a goal.

View attachment 300886

View attachment 300884
Burnley 0-1 Cardiff

We were very lazy. We never got off to a a start. It got worse when Vallejo was sent off and I refused to cover his position in the back-line and we conceded. This ended our unbeaten run in the league.

View attachment 300883

View attachment 300882
Manchester United 3-2 Burnley

It's obvious that the home defeat against Cardiff hurt our morale and I made a great mistake of putting Srna up against the pacey Di Maria. They scored 2 from that wing before I brought Clyne on. It was obviuous that we lacked an out-and-out finisher in the team.

View attachment 300881

THE BIRTH OF A NEW HERO!!!

View attachment 300879

View attachment 300880
Burnley 5-3 Aston Villa

I was keen to see Bilbao impress and he did that with an excellent 1st-half display. We just couldn't concentrate well to keep the clean sheet.

View attachment 300878
_________________________________________________________________________________________

More Injuries

View attachment 300877View attachment 300876

____________________________________________________________________________________

WORLD AWARDS

View attachment 300874View attachment 300873
I was pleased to see my player in the world team of the year as he was also touted to win the World Player of the Year award

View attachment 300872
__________________________________________________________________________________________

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 300870

LEAGUE AWARDS

View attachment 300871
Savistkiy has been carrying us all season and his fine form got him an award

View attachment 300868

______________________________________________________________________________________

FACILITIES

View attachment 300866
This goes along with my plan to build up Burnley as a world power. Hopefully my next youth-intake will include some good players.

January Fixtures

Everton (H) BPL
Bournmouth (A) FA cup 3rd round
Arsenal (A) BPL
Chelsea (H) BPL
Hull (H) Capital One cup semifinal 1st leg
Reading (A) FA cup 4th round
Hull (A) Capital One cup semifinal 2nd leg
Newcastle (A) BPL

Some tricky games for us this month. The games against Arsenal and Chelsea will determine our outlook for the rest of the month. We should win Everton and Bournemouth easily.

JANUARY 2016

It was a tricky month for us as we got knocked out of the FA cup which i really wanted to win.

View attachment 300560
Burnley 3-0 Everton

I really wanted to start the year with a win and we did that excellently although Savitskiy had a bit of a stinker as he squandered a lot of chances.

View attachment 300557

View attachment 300556
Bournemouth 1-5 Burnley

Robert had gone over 11 hours without a single goal and assist and I was pleased when he scored in the 6th minute of the game. Bilbao was also beginning to impress for me. Looks like I have a potential world-beater on my hands.

View attachment 300553

View attachment 300552
Arsenal 0-4 Burnley

We were set up on the counter and we did that very well. Savitskiy should have had 3.

View attachment 300550

View attachment 300549
And just when he picked up some form, he got injured for 4 weeks

View attachment 300548
Burnley 0-2 Chelsea

I was really hoping we could make it 4 wins in a row over Chelsea but we couldn't. Kagawa should have scored at least 4 goals from some clear-cut chances with Wilson also missing a couple of chances.

View attachment 300543
_____________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 300542
Burnley 3-3 Hull

I really wanted to see of the tie in the first leg. We were 3-0 up at HT but threw it all away and ended up trying to avoid defeat. The 2nd leg will be tricky

View attachment 300541
________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 300540
Reading 1-0 Burnley

We were left rattled after some poor performances in the previous games and morale wasn't as high as it usually was. We conceded early and never looked to equalize.

View attachment 300537

View attachment 300535
Hull 0-5 Burnley

After some poor performances, I decided to play my best available players to try and get some form and Wilson put them to the sword.

View attachment 300532
______________________________________________________________________________________

I wasn't pleased with how this month turned out as we got knocked out by a lower league team in the FA cup but at least we managed to fight back in the Capital One cup and we'll be facing Manchester City in the final.

League Table
View attachment 300509

Monthly Awards

View attachment 300527View attachment 300525View attachment 300524

February 2017 Fixtures

Southampton (H) BPL
Stoke (H) BPL
Real Madrid (A) UCL 1st knockout 1st leg
West Ham (A) BPL
Nottm Forrest (A) BPL
Manchester City (N) Capital One cup

We should win against Southampton and Stoke but a draw will do against West Ham. We will do well to avoid a cricket-score at the Bernabeu. The Capital One cup final might turn out tricky but you never know. I won't be mad if we don't win.

Last edited:
Winter Transfers!!!
I needed a back-up LB and maybe another CM as Casemiro seems to not be the kind of player I wanted.

I managed to get Adriano from PSG for 1.9m + 500k after 50 league games​
View attachment 300491

I also got Alen Halilovic on loan from Barcelona
View attachment 300490

Thibaut Courtois seems to be unhappy at Chelsea soI'll be keeping an eye on him even though Leali is really good. I'm also looking at that Leon Goretzka as I have already unsettled him. He's been on my shortlist for about 2 years now i hope I get him. I may also try to sell Casemiro to free up space for Goretzka.

FEBRUARY 2017

It was a good month for us as we reached our objectives mostly by matching Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

View attachment 300265
Burnley 3-1 Southampton

Savitskiy literally ran the show for us and we dominated the game. I wasn't pleased Vlaar's defending. His stats have been declining probably due to age.

View attachment 300241

View attachment 300240
Burnley 5-1 Stoke

We looked good for the title on this performance.., but then again, they didn't play well as we controlled the game. We needed to be in top form before heading to Madrid

View attachment 300238

View attachment 300237
Real Madrid 1-1 Burnley

I was expecting them to come at us but they were rather careful and slow until we scored fro a corner. After that, they were waves and waves of attacks from them. Ronaldo was unmarked when he scored from a corner.

View attachment 300236

View attachment 300235
West Ham 2-2 Burnley

I though we were a lil bit exhausted after the Madrid game as Vlaar had another bad game. We managed to fight back to get a draw.

View attachment 300234

View attachment 300233
Nottm Forrest 2-3 Burnley

Another close game where we had to dig deep to get the 3 points. Once again, the defending was poor.

View attachment 300229

View attachment 300227
Manchester City 3-6 Burnley

It was an excellent game from both sides as we staged an amazing comeback from 3-1 down and controlled the game afterwards. Savitskiy looked more lively after HT.

View attachment 300225

I was pleased to secure the Capital One cup after being knocked out by a lower-league side. I was also pleased by the draw at Madrid.

Monthly Awards

View attachment 300223View attachment 300224
View attachment 300222

League Table

View attachment 300221
We are currently in the driving seat for a second consecutive league title as we have a game in hand. Savitskiy looks like he will smash the league record for goals this season and I really hope he does.

March 2017 Fixtures

R. Madrid (H) UCL 1st knockout round 2nd leg
Liverpool (H) BPL
Manchester City (H) BPL
West Brom (A) BPL

I'm a lil optimistic heading into this month. I think we can give Madrid a game after what I saw in the 1st leg. We should win against Liverpool and West Brom easily. The game against City should be tight given that we usurped them in the Capital One cup final.

About transfers, long-term target Thibaut Courtois, has publicly declared that he would love to leave Chelsea and Mourinho has dropped him to the U21s. So i hope I would be able to get him on a cheap come summer.

Sorry I haven't posted for some time now. Was a lil too busy. Updates coming up:D

MARCH 2017

We remained unbeaten throughout the month of March but our UCL fairytale was ended as we lost on away goals.

View attachment 299958
Burnley 3-3 Real Madrid

Having just secured the Capital One cup, I was keen for us to carry that form into the UCL game at home against Madrid but we were undone by 2 deflected goals from Modric. We conceded early but managed to hit back and lead the game but 2 deflections from Neves and Milner put us to the sword. Hopefully we will do better next season.

View attachment 299957

View attachment 299956
Burnley 3-1 Liverpool

We absolutely dominated this game but just couldn't keep the clean sheet at the end. It should have been more, but it was not to be.

View attachment 299955

View attachment 299954
Burnley 2-2 Manchester City

I knew it would be a tough game after we snatched the Capital One cup from their grasp last month. We played well but not good enough for the 3 points.

View attachment 299952

View attachment 299951
West Brom 0-4 Burnley

We started very well and got an early lead, after which we controlled the game till the end. Bilbao has been looking lively since mid-season. Hopefully, he will maintain that form.

View attachment 299949

I was disappointed to get knocked out of the UCL, but then again it was Madrid. We had a pretty good month and are still top of the table.

We had our annual youth-intake and this is the best we got.
View attachment 299945He might turn out to be a very good back-up player for us in the near future.

View attachment 299942

So, after some good performances over my 2 year stay at Burnley, the board has offered me a new contract which I accepted.
View attachment 299938
Monthly Awards

View attachment 299937View attachment 299935View attachment 299934

April 2017 Fixtures

Tottenham (A) BPL
QPR (H) BPL
Hull (A) BPL
Bournemouth (H) BPL
Cardiff (A) BPL

This should be a very easy month for us and we should win all the games if we continue doing the right things. We don't have any other cup competitions to play for so we should be able to concentrate on the league-title chase.