The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

Brilliant updates from both of you. :)

No more updates from me fr the night, but I'm on late January so will have plenty of updates tomorrow :)

Mine will be soon as I also work on our facepack mate :) that was a good update above btw, good point against arsenal :)

bbc20sports.png

Magpies plummet in November - Beresford under fire

Newcastle manager, John Beresford, has come under fire in November, after a bad ending to October, Newcastle looked to bounce back, but matches against Everton, Man City and Chelsea, as well as West Ham November, didn't exactly give Beresford's boys the best chance to bounce back.

They started with a game at St.James' Park against mid-table Everton, who were having a good run of late. Things looked grim from the start, as John Heitinga gave the Toffees the lead only 13 minutes into the game. But that spurred the Toon on, and Andy Carroll replied only 6 minutes later with a lovely individual goal. St.James' Park came to life, the fans cheered on their team, they seemed confident, but neither team could find a winner, and a 1-1 draw was the end results, both teams walking away, feeling that it was probably the best result, the fairest result.

Next up, an away trip to Eastlands, a tough match against Man City, who are flying high, in the top 5, and it was always going to be tough for Newcastle. Tevez set the tone for the match in the 3rd minute, scoring an absolute screamer. Man City continued their ways, and Balotelli bagged a brace in 10 minutes, the 52nd and 62nd minutes the goalscoring times. Andy Carroll scored a consolation with 2 minutes left, but even then, Man City found time for another goal as Sol Campbell put it past Ochoa for an own goal. To make things worse, Gago got sent off with literally seconds left, and Newcastle fans left for home very disappointed.

FernandoGagoNew.jpg

Gago's reaction to the red card

Another tough game, a home game against top 4 side, Chelsea. The game looked as though it had another thumping in stall, but some top class keeping from Ochoa kept Newcastle in the game. Unfortunately for Beresford's boys, Chelsea eventually scored through Didier Drogba with 4 minutes left till halftime. Then out of nowhere, Andy Carroll evened the score up at 1-1 in the 57th minute. Chelsea started to get desperate, they pushed 4 strikers forward, and in the 90th minute Drogba scored, what looked like, an offside goal, but the assistant kept his flag down. All Beresford said was, "I am disappointed with the decision, at this level the refereeing should be better, that's all I have to say." Beresford was later warned by the FA for his harsh words.

52_istock_000000601712xsmall.jpg

The flag stays down

After that game, Newcastle were disappointed, they left for West Ham, but none of them really looked up for the game. Carroll scored, or so it seemed, in the 5th minute, but it was called offside, that's irony for you. From there, the game was a bore, only one goal came in the game, from West Ham's Carlton Cole, with 20 minutes left, to give West Ham the 3 points. Newcastle fans shouted abuse at their players and Beresford, what a turn around from last month.

A terrible month for Beresford and Newcastle, and with a packed December looming, with 7 games to play, can Newcastle come back, or will they fizzle out, and be looking at relegation, come back next month to find out.

View attachment 107854

Beresford's Man of the Month award went to Andy Carroll, who, in a month of darkness, shone quite brightly with 3 goals in 4 matches, to take his season tally up to 10 goals from 13 matches.

View attachment 107853

Do you think the Magpies will be relegated, or will Beresford save them? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

quality stuff this although you're starting to struggle strikerv9dutch! but when the going gets tough, the tough get going ;) good luck

thanks man, yeah the squads gettin tired, a few injuries :S, hehe thanks, i was writing out my december update but my computer froze at the last minute, so I dnt want to write it out now, maybe in an hour or so :)

bbc20sports.png

December despair or delight for Beresford's Boys

The month of December brought a packed schedule for Newcastle, with 7 games to handle in each competition. Beresford hit out at the FA saying, “How can you schedule 4 or 5 games in our first 3 months, then suddenly we have to play 7? You need to organise the season better!” Beresford was later reprimanded by the FA for his words, but many journalists, such as myself, agree with Beresford.

Newcastle's month started with an away game against strugglers Blackpool, who are sitting on the bottom of the table with no wins, and only 5 points. An easy 2-0 win for Carroll and Co. as they dominated Blackpool, who look to be on their way back to the Championship already, not a good season for the 'Seasiders'. Goals from Carroll and Tiote in the 8th and 71st minutes respectively gave Newcastle the 3 points they needed, were they on there way back to the top, or was it just the lack of quality opposition?

A tricky away game at White Hart Lane came up next, and Tottenham provided a very tough game, and a very exciting game against the Toon. A Pavlyuchenko brace gave Tottenham a 2-0 lead heading into halftime, and Newcastle looked, yet again, like not coming back. But you can never count out Newcastle, and their hero, Mr. Andy Carroll, gave them hope only 15 minutes into the second half with a wonderful solo goal. Newcastle were suddenly dominant, and they pushed for the equalizer, and eventually they won a penalty with 5 minutes left. Up stepped Lovenkrands, who had missed 3 penalties this year so far, and again he was rejected, and Tottenham walked away with the win. Beresford's Newcastle are becoming a one half team, only playing 45 minutes of good football most weeks.

The first home game of the month, Wigan turned up at St.James' Park for what should have been an exciting game with the sides only 3 places apart. What turned out was an absolute smashing as Newcastle ran out 4-0 winners. Super Andy Carroll gave Newcastle the lead in the 17th minute with a well placed penalty. Jonas made it 2-0 right before halftime with a great solo effort from the Argentinian winger. With 20 minutes left, Wigan pushed further forward, and that left gaps at the back, and Lovenkrands and Ranger scored once each in 6 minutes to complete the 4-0 rout that might just save Beresford's job... for now.

andy-carroll-newcastle-united-uk-01.jpg

Andy Carroll - On absolute fire

A much tougher home game next, Aston Villa who were sitting in the top 6 of the Premier League, and the difference in quality showed as Aston Villa coasted to a comfortable 2-0 victory. Two first half goals, one from S. Petrov, and a penalty from Carew gave Aston Villa the 3 points at St.James' Park. An injury to Ben Arfa didn't help either, and the French playmaker looks to be out for 2-3 weeks, a big hit to one of Newcastle's best players. Newcastle are quickly becoming one of the most inconsistent sides in the Premier League, and if they don't improve, they could well find themselves fighting to stay up.

Another tough test, Bolton, who are in a similar position to Newcastle, and with the home advantage, Bolton looked favourites to take the three points. M. Petrov gave Bolton the lead, only for Nolan to bring it back to even stevens in the 27th minute. Goals from Chung-Young and Davies gave Bolton a 3-1 lead heading into halftime. Andy Carroll scored yet again to give the Toon some hope, but Davies' second gave Bolton a 4-2 win that just send Beresford and Newcastle further down the table.

An away game to Wolves gave Newcastle an opportunity to prove themselves, but a 1-1 draw eventuated, and Beresford dug himself deeper into his hole. An early goal from Lovenkrands was the only real good play from Newcastle all match, and Wolves dominated the rest, but they took until the 88th minute to score an equalizer, because of some amazing goalkeeping from revelation of the season, Guillermo Ochoa. Without Ochoa, Newcastle would definitely be fighting in the bottom 5 places at the moment, Ochoa is the saving grace of John Beresford.

Ochoa.jpg

The saving grace of Newcastle United

The last game of the month, a home game against title contenders Liverpool. Goals from Gerrard and Torres in the first 20 minutes gave Liverpool the only 2 goals they needed to down the Magpies, and send Beresford into a world of hate. As he left the pitch, all sorts of things were yelled out, and he was called every name under the sun, but he coped, and he is still with Newcastle, but can he cope much longer.

With Newcastle surprisingly holding on to their 10th position in the Premier League, Beresford doesn't deserve all the abuse he is getting, but if things don't pick up soon, they will drop quickly, and Beresford will almost definitely be on his way out, such a short stay as well, would be sad to see him go.

View attachment 107870

Beresford's Man of the Month award went to Guillermo Ochoa, who kept his team in so many games single handedly, but was just unable to keep a clean sheet on a few occasions. Still a top performance from the 24 year old.

View attachment 107869

Do you think the Magpies will be relegated, or will Beresford save them? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

That is a brilliant update mate. Throughly enjoyed reading it in colllege :p Some interesting results, good and bad. But Im looking forward to seeing your turn of the year.

That is a brilliant update mate. Throughly enjoyed reading it in colllege :p Some interesting results, good and bad. But Im looking forward to seeing your turn of the year.

Thanks man, it's very frustrating to re-write an update, but when it turns out better than the first attempt it's enjoyable :D Haha, I'm just happy I don't have school for two weeks :) I'm doing **** this year, specially in match :( Woah off topic :S Oh well, yeah I made a good few transfers, I think :p

I look forward to seeing your new transfers mate. I might just ram in an October,November and December update all in one to catch up with you. I havn't even played past November yet :( aaah!

good stuff still, keep it up! 10th is good considering some of those results :L

I look forward to seeing your new transfers mate. I might just ram in an October,November and December update all in one to catch up with you. I havn't even played past November yet :( aaah!

Well yeah, cos its me :p joking, I made one really good transfer I feel though. Oh haha, well its just cos I'm on holidays and i have heaps of time to play and write :)

good stuff still, keep it up! 10th is good considering some of those results :L

Thanks, yeah it's very lucky, but January and February are a bit different, won't tell you if it's good or bad :)

Just might write up a transfer update on my main signing... hmmm oO)

Last edited:
Please do college is **** today and I need some entertainment :S

bbc20sports.png

Toon sign Argentinian veteran playmaker

Only days into the winter transfer window, the first move has been made by John Beresford and Newcastle. Having made 356 appearances in his career so far, and still only 31, it is fair to say he is quite a superstar. From Boca, to Villarreal and Barcelona, this man has scored 87 goals in his career, quite a bit for an attacking midfielder. He has made 51 appearances for Argentina scoring 17 goals. His current contract at Boca Juniors is running out, and with 6 months left on it, it allows other clubs to bid for him with no fee. This man is none other than Juan Roman Riquelme.

59679riquelme.jpg

Beresford has come out and said that, "Signing Ben Arfa would cost us £5,000,000 and £35,000 a week, whereas Juan Roman only costs us £40,000 a week, with no transfer fee. Ben Arfa will not be signed on a permanent basis, as Riquelme can do a job for 2 or 3 years, and by then young star Haris Vuckic will be ready to replace him."

Many Newcastle fans agree, and although Ben Arfa has been brilliant, they believe that Riquelme can do just as well, and the financial package is a lot better. Some Newcastle fans have said, however, that a younger player would be preferred, the likes of Wilshere mentioned, but the only option would be to loan.

Juan Roman Riquelme, Flop or Fantastic from Beresford? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Tbh I've just reliesed, I should have knew youd signed him when you requested a facepack for him XD But great signing mate for sure, he'll do well for you in the system you play :)

Tbh I've just reliesed, I should have knew youd signed him when you requested a facepack for him XD But great signing mate for sure, he'll do well for you in the system you play :)

Bit slow there man :) Yeah with Ben Arfa leaving, its like fate, and with Vuckic coming through, Pires or Riquelme can tutor him, and I need a good pen taker :S haha! I should have one more transfer update, another decent signing :)

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle make another move - Beresford Excited

With the transfer of Riquelme happening in July, Beresford has some room for another transfer, this time at the back of the field to strengthen the whole backline, and hopefully stop goals leaking for Newcastle. He has move recently from Fulham to Man Utd, and now he moves to Newcastle on loan for a fee of £2,700,000. Some are saying a little too much for a loan, but Beresford is fully backing the player, and he says he has a great future ahead of him, so maybe a full transfer is on the cards next season? This young man, is Chris Smalling.

ChrisSmalling_280x3_976900a.jpg

With Sol Campbell aging, and Kadar progressing slowly due to a run of small injuries, Smalling seems to be the perfect fit alongside Coloccini at the back. With those two, Simpson and Jose Enrique, the Newcastle backline is shaping up to be a force to be reckoned with, and with more possible transfers, it can become stronger.

With Rafinha transfer-listed by request at Genoa, Beresford could make a move for the out-of-favour Brazilian, also with offers coming in for Jonas, Adam Hlousek could also be on his way to St.James' Park to replace the Argentinian.

Should Beresford buy more, or save his money for next season? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Todd announces intention to sign French International!

Henry (above playing for new side NY Red Bulls) has been touted in the media.

Craig Todd exclusivly told BBCsport today that he was considering hugely at looking into the purchase of a fellow French International to help Ben Arfa settle in Newcastle.

Ben Arfa, 22, recently signed from Marseille and this is the first time he has played outside France. At £5million it was a bit of a gamble for debt ridden Newcastle but they dived into it anyway.

After a flashy start, Ben Arfa impressed greatly on the RW, cutting in and shooting, scoring several goals including one on the opening day of the season against Blackpool. But with Carroll and Jonas now taking the limelight, Ben Arfa has told the press he hasn't settled into life in The 'Toon' as well as he maybe could have. He stated though he is very happy to be there, just the adaption is taking longer than he expected.

But with this comment Todd has came and told media that the oppourtunity to sign Arsenal's all-time top goalscorer, Thierry Henry has came up. Henry recently signed for NY Red Bulls when his LW place at Barcelona was almost certainly taken from as he would likely be 3rd in the pecking order. But after grabbing a move to the MLS the striker has also came out and said he hasn't adopted to life in New York. Despite forking out $15million for a flat in NY, the Frenchman has stated times are 'hard' at the moment.

The only problem for the Magpies is that they have no money left to spend, so only money generated from sales would allow them to sign Henry. Another problem would be Henry's £155,000 a week wage demands which is slightly high for Newcastle. Todd spoke publically about the wage cap that he put in place. But will he break that for Henry? Another name who has been mentioned is Patrick Vieira. The 33 year old's contract at Manchester City expires soon and with not much first team football on show for him, he may be tempted to joing Newcastle. He would be available at a cut price. But he is in the same category as Henry as he has wage demands of £100,000 per week.

Vieira (above) has said he would consider a move to the Magpies

But Todd has said he will sign a French International. This could spell the end for several players at the club. If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

f**k you, stealing my transfers from PSG, haha nah jokes, Henry is brilliant if played right, and Viera could be a rock in midfield for you. Overall two great transfers... if you get them. And 155,000, slightly high? No one earns over 84,000 in my team haha!

Nah man it was my assisstant who advised me to scout him. He said Ben Arfa needed a frenchman in the team to fit in oO) So I looked at these pair to hopefully get them on the cheap. I'll look at other options though.